Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160801_070207_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191422_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191305_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191237_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191217_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191156_(resized).jpg
    20160731_171845_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171131_(resized).jpg
    20160731_162240_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171009_(resized).jpg
    20160729_222651_(resized).jpg
    20160730_134109_(resized).jpg
    20160729_103345_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183743_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183246_(resized).jpg
    20160728_100648_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#387 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Thanks - does that mean the majority of the games are not open for free play? It's a little confusing on whats available and what's locked until the tourny is done. If the full group of tables is not available, I'll wait until this weekend.
    Also - if anyone knows if GB is there (LE), that would be helpful to know. Thanks

There's still a ton of games you can play. Probably more than can be played in one day.

#395 7 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

The cool games to people ratio so far has been off the charts.

What about the games to cool people ratio?

#401 7 years ago
    Quoted from KitKat:

Hello everyone at ReplayFX. Just found out that Hillary will be at the convention center tomorrow. This will close the walkway between the Westin and convention center.
    Plan accordingly.

Is she coming to play pinball? This will help solve the age-old debate of who's a better pinball player, Trump or Hillary. She must have been reading pinside.

#415 7 years ago

So no stream right now? Where are the standings?

#418 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Yes i know ...Patiently waiting for it to come live again.
    If anyone has news to why please post.

It's probably Hillary's fault. Thanks Hillary.

#419 7 years ago

Man I want to watch some Doodlebug dammit! Looks like Steve Bowden killed TZ.

#422 7 years ago

What's this Aliens game they have listed?

#424 7 years ago

Looks like Mr. Danger didn't do too bad. Second Round of Finals. Killed by Spider-Man and High Speed.

#427 7 years ago

Yancyb just said on the PAPA twitch chat there's some kind of glitch and they're keeping score on paper. My fault for not going to Pinburgh and watching it live in person.

#430 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I went back and forth about going up last minute Jake. We should've carpooled! Haha

Tommy Skinner was saying he was carpooling with a couple of guys from Lafayette. I just didn't think I could go this weekend. Maybe next year.

I did buy a project EM for less than a hundred bucks today. Williams Little Chief. It was at a yard sale 10 minutes from the house.

#432 7 years ago

Looks like Josh Sharpe bulldozed his way through the quarterfinals. It would be neat to see him win.

No repeat champ. Zach Sharpe is out.

I wonder how Keith Elwin likes Aliens. He posted a 0 in the quarterfinals.

#433 7 years ago

Chat says they are going live at five.

#434 7 years ago

Looks like I'm done working for the rest of the day.

#435 7 years ago

Stacked semi finals. Cryss Stephens sounds familiar but can't place him. I don't remember Fred Richardson.

#437 7 years ago

Is Larry from your area? Is he in the money yet?

#439 7 years ago

It looks like he'll take home at least 500 smackeroos.

#440 7 years ago

He played a pretty good game of Mata Hari in the first round. If he can just replicate that.

#443 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I finished somewhere around 5th for D. (Software broke for our division so not sure on exact place). Good for $300 bucks, though! I'm not complaining.

Hey good job, Pez. Where'd Eric Priepke finish?

#448 7 years ago

Great tourney with fun commentary. If Bowen isn't available, Josh Sharpe is almost as good on commentary. He's pretty fun to watch play too. NOT LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!

#450 7 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Karl's play on Alien was pure beauty!

You mean Alien Star. PAPA had that listed on their site as Aliens and I thought Heighway had delivered a game to be used in a tournament.

#457 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd like to think I had something to do with that on high speed and lightning flipper, no center post spidey!
    I played against jack three different rounds yesterday - he's a fantastic player, and doesn't have any gaps in his game. He can play all eras equally well. I expect him to go further next year, I hope I can keep up with him.
    The show was excellent. Even better than last year. The extra room made a real difference, it felt a little quieter and it was so sprawled out it really felt like a larger show, rather than just papa at a larger venue. There were just tons of games to play, and the tournament banks were open for everybody by 9:30 pm last night. Cheers to the tech who satisfied my request to crank up robocop. The only thing better than robocop pinball? Robocop LE (loud edition).
    Also, the confetti at the end of the A tournament was hilarious and awesome.
    Two suggestions:
    Next year, turn the lights off late everywhere, so all pinball is in the dark.
    Bowen needs a tuxedo or something for his Emcee duties, and a wireless mic.

Looks like you had a good tourney. Quarterfinals and lost to Elwin. Congrats.

I think more fitting than a tux would be a fake tux t-shirt.

#494 7 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

+1 on the Pinball Olympics. Those games added a lot to an already awesome event. Blizzard City Slicker was my favorite.

Ok esplain this one to me. What is a Blizzard City Slicker?

#497 7 years ago

That's pretty cool. Pretty neat seeing another City Slicker even if it does have a contraption on top of it.

#541 7 years ago

Who are the Black Hole shirt dudes? I've seen them before but don't know their names.

#550 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Todd was awesome.
    I think I have some photos of him playing with Preston and Escher.
    The size difference in the three is amazing.
    I'll check in a bit and post it here.
    Edit... Found it.
    Here you go

It's a good thing there was vaulted ceilings in that place.

I saw Escher was killing it for most of the tourney.

#562 7 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

Remember to include family of 5 pricing as well.

Or maybe just a multiple ticket percentage discount. Buy 2-4 tickets 5% discount. Buy 5-8 tickets 10% discount. Just throwing out ideas.

#564 7 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

100% agree a multiple ticket discount is good especially when its only one person paying for all of them.

The eye roll is throwing me off. Is that sarcasm?

#571 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right, these games aren't for sale.
    That's why the Star Trek vector cockpit isn't in my apartment.

Check in the What's for sale in Indiana? thread. Seshpilot is selling his recently refurbished one.

#588 7 years ago
    Quoted from SOD:

We had some walk ins from the rally. I was up in the skywalk as they were heading to the ballroom and most reactions from people were fantastic. Like most not in the community, it was like they were being launched back in time and they remembered how special that time in their life was, like we do.
    It was free advertising for next year

I bet that was real fun to watch and hear.

1 week later
    #595 7 years ago

I just read they are going to have driverless ubers by the end of the month in Pittsburgh. Too bad they didn't have that for Pinburgh. I am kind of worried for the loss of jobs for Taxi drivers.

#598 7 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

The lack of magical wizard cars is a heavy loss for us all.

EXACTLY!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2016?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.