Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160801_070207_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191422_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191305_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191237_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191217_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191156_(resized).jpg
    20160731_171845_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171131_(resized).jpg
    20160731_162240_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171009_(resized).jpg
    20160729_222651_(resized).jpg
    20160730_134109_(resized).jpg
    20160729_103345_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183743_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183246_(resized).jpg
    20160728_100648_(resized).jpg
    There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
    #351 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Question, For those of us who bought tickets online in advance will we still have to wait in line to get bracelets to get in like last year?? Or will there be a separate line for advanced ticket holders? I bought mine and printed it out

There will be separate lines for will call and purchasing according to mhs

If you get there today there is early badge pickup too tonight at the westin

#352 7 years ago
    Quoted from VegasMike:

Is there enough of a pinball variety if I only plan on going on Friday and am not playing in the tournament?
    I'm assuming there will still be 200+ machines available for non-tourney players, plus video games...

Variety? Let's just say that when you see it, you'll crap your pants and run to delete this post Having setup many of the games yesterday NOT in the Pinburgh bank, the answer to that is FLAT OUT yes. And these games aren't just "extras", there are TONS of A-list titles, B-list titles, and everything in between, all the way to EMs and even a really badass wood rail. Techs have gone over and leveled those games just as we did for all the Pinburgh games. Anyone not being in the tournament will not be in the LEAST disappointed. In fact, many players in Pinburgh will be missing all the awesomeness ongoing elsewhere!

#353 7 years ago

from facebook:

"Skip the lines Thursday morning and head straight to the games! If you have purchased your event pass, you can take advantage of our early bird check-in at the Westin hotel lobby from 6pm to 10pm Wednesday evening. Bring your photo ID and confirmation number/receipt. VIP ticket holders can also pick up their swag bags!
    Picking up your event pass Wednesday night also checks you in for Pinburgh Thursday morning, allowing you some extra sleep or practice time (you choose). Doors for Pinburgh players open at 8:00am. ALL PLAYERS MUST BE CHECKED IN BY 9:30AM. Anyone not checked in by 9:30am Thursday morning will forfeit their Pinburgh spot, and we will begin taking names from the wait list"

#354 7 years ago

First I've heard of this one. Sorry didn't read the whole thread yet. Just a quick couple of questions. I see ticket purchase on the web site, are they available at the door? Is there free parking anywhere?

#355 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hop-Pac:

First I've heard of this one. Sorry didn't read the whole thread yet. Just a quick couple of questions. I see ticket purchase on the web site, are they available at the door? Is there free parking anywhere?

Yes, tickets are available at the door. As far as parking I'm not sure. I personally prefer to park right inside the center, I don't recall it costing to much.

#356 7 years ago

what's up chumps? anything goin down?

#357 7 years ago

Are bags allowed on the convention floor? I plan on buying stuff and getting brochures and business cards and thought a small messenger-style bag would come in handy. But I know some places don't allow it, for security purposes.

#358 7 years ago

I hope to go fri or sat just the drive sucks and need someone to go with.

#359 7 years ago

That's up to the convention center, but last year I saw plenty of people roaming around with back packs.

#360 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

That's up to the convention center, but last year I saw plenty of people roaming around with back packs.

Cool - I'll bring it along. Thanks!
    I have a four and a half hour drive tomorrow and hope to arrive by noon. Wish me luck!

#361 7 years ago

I'll be there around 9 or 10am tomorrow. Gotta play a gig tonight and leave by 6am. Lots of coffee tomorrow!!

#362 7 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I'll be there around 9 or 10am tomorrow. Gotta play a gig tonight and leave by 6am. Lots of coffee tomorrow!!

Oh, I see how it is: You told me you weren't going. I said I wasn't going this year, either. So now you ARE going...

Let's ponder that for a moment, shall we?

#363 7 years ago

I knew you weren't going, so that's why I was saying sorry I wasn't going to be able to have a beer and a few games with ya. I was always going!!! You just misinterpreted that statement. Ponder that.

#364 7 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I knew you weren't going, so that's why I was saying sorry I wasn't going to be able to have a beer and a few games with ya. I was always going!!! You just misinterpreted that statement. Ponder that.

Damn. You DID say that. I hate when I read shit wrong.

#365 7 years ago

Trust me. I'm not one of the guys to make sure the zone is Boob-free before entering.

#366 7 years ago

how much are tickets and I'm assuming it's free play just pay to get in all day?

#367 7 years ago

So how can I spot a fellow pinsider?? I haven't seen anyone with the lanyard tags. My only complaint so far is that the majority of the pins have the volume turned down. How am I supposed to hear the call outs and decide if a game I play should be on my want list? So frustrating.

#368 7 years ago

The BSD that tilts when you hit the center target bank is my favorite of the show so far. So simple and so effective.

#369 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

My only complaint so far is that the majority of the pins have the volume turned down. How am I supposed to hear the call outs and decide if a game I play should be on my want list? So frustrating.

I had the same thought last year, many were barely audible. I know there will be a TON of games (literally LOL), but for the door fee, hey man - I wanna hear some SFX and callouts too! ('Excuse me Mr. Tech, but I think the sound on this game is broken' - wow, what a PITA that may become for those Unsung Heroes).

#370 7 years ago

I had to bail on Pinburgh... Bowen knows (and has know since last month) so it's not keeping someone else from enjoying... BUT... I have been trying for a month to get a refund (or partial refund) and the ticket company never picks up their phone. They gave me one call back a few weeks ago, but I missed it. Other than that, I've been leaving messages in what seems to be a black hole voicemail box. What a PIA.

#371 7 years ago

All of the games that I came to play are off limits today!!!! Aaaaargh!!!

#372 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I had to bail on Pinburgh... Bowen knows (and has know since last month) so it's not keeping someone else from enjoying... BUT... I have been trying for a month to get a refund (or partial refund) and the ticket company never picks up their phone. They gave me one call back a few weeks ago, but I missed it. Other than that, I've been leaving messages in what seems to be a black hole voicemail box. What a PIA.

You have to call ShowClix on Thursdays between 10 and 5 pm EST and verify the credit card used for the original transaction.

The phone number I called was 412-927-1039

I had no problem getting my refund processed, good luck.

#373 7 years ago

Pics from show and our booth ! Contact Joe at [email protected] show discount pricing if you can't make it here.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#374 7 years ago

#375 7 years ago

#376 7 years ago

If you want the volume turned up on a specific pin, ask one of our techs. They'd be happy to do it for you!

#377 7 years ago

Thx Joe for posting all the pics i might make it up there on Saturday

#378 7 years ago

I got into town around noon and been having a blast today!
    If you see me, say hi - I'm the balding white guy.

Srsly tho, I'm wearing a green shirt, plaid shoes and carrying a blue bag. Say hi!

#379 7 years ago

I wish there was some games for sale other than nib sterns :/

#380 7 years ago

I'm having a fantastic time at replayfx!!

#381 7 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again, anybody who has complaints about this show can't have a good time anywhere

#382 7 years ago

guys - planning on coming today but wanted to confirm that the full suite of pins are open on free play. I keep on hearing people say that it's a limited set but that would be changing. Is today a good day for those who just want to play (not play in the tourney)?

Also - didn't see GHOSTBUSTERS. Tell me there is GB to play...LE?

#383 7 years ago

Tons of games! Having a great time so far.

#384 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

guys - planning on coming today but wanted to confirm that the full suite of pins are open on free play. I keep on hearing people say that it's a limited set but that would be changing. Is today a good day for those who just want to play (not play in the tourney)?
    Also - didn't see GHOSTBUSTERS. Tell me there is GB to play...LE?

tourney is still going on all day today

http://pinburgh.com/2016/live/

#385 7 years ago

I posted some pics and a blog post here

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/07/29/replayfx-pinball-pinburgh-show-2016/

DSC02576_(resized).JPGDSC02576_(resized).JPG

DSC02562_(resized).JPGDSC02562_(resized).JPG

DSC02559_(resized).JPGDSC02559_(resized).JPG

#386 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

tourney is still going on all day today
    http://pinburgh.com/2016/live/

Thanks - does that mean the majority of the games are not open for free play? It's a little confusing on whats available and what's locked until the tourny is done. If the full group of tables is not available, I'll wait until this weekend.

Also - if anyone knows if GB is there (LE), that would be helpful to know. Thanks

#387 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Thanks - does that mean the majority of the games are not open for free play? It's a little confusing on whats available and what's locked until the tourny is done. If the full group of tables is not available, I'll wait until this weekend.
    Also - if anyone knows if GB is there (LE), that would be helpful to know. Thanks

There's still a ton of games you can play. Probably more than can be played in one day.

#388 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

2/3 of the games are off limits for the tounament today but open for everyone tommorow. There is 2 ghostbusters pro at cointaker booth to play and 1 ghostbusters pro in the tounament. No LE

#389 7 years ago

OK thanks guys. Looks like tomorrow is the best bet. Too bad about no LE. Would love to try out the updated PF vs the pro.

#391 7 years ago

So, does anyone know if there is going to be any streaming of the Pinburgh-tournament?
    And if so: At what dates and times?

I've found this, www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/profile , where there some video about setting the whole area up, but no info on any planned streams. I also checked their twitter account, twitter.com/papapinball , which said nothing about streaming.
    And the live standings page, pinburgh.com/2016/live/ , doesn't mention it either.

#392 7 years ago

I believe last year they only streamed the finals on Saturday.

#393 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Cointaker has a GB in their booth!!

Also, I'm helping in the console lounge until 9 pm. Come say hello to a fellow pinsider!! Tall bald guy with a goatee!!

#394 7 years ago

The cool games to people ratio so far has been off the charts. Late night yesterday there were like a dozen of us walking around one of the best show arcades I've seen. I imagine the weekends will be much more crowded but later on the Pinburgh banks will open up.

I'm currently gasping for air at the bottom of A division being drowned by great players.

#395 7 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

The cool games to people ratio so far has been off the charts.

What about the games to cool people ratio?

#398 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

What about the games to cool people ratio?

Hey IM here. What else do you need?

Bwaaaahahahhaaaaa.

#399 7 years ago

Hello everyone at ReplayFX. Just found out that Hillary will be at the convention center tomorrow. This will close the walkway between the Westin and convention center.

Plan accordingly.

#400 7 years ago

Just arrived in town. Saturday can't get here soon enough!

There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2016/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.