Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160801_070207_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191422_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191305_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191237_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191217_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191156_(resized).jpg
    20160731_171845_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171131_(resized).jpg
    20160731_162240_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171009_(resized).jpg
    20160729_222651_(resized).jpg
    20160730_134109_(resized).jpg
    20160729_103345_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183743_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183246_(resized).jpg
    20160728_100648_(resized).jpg
    There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
    #251 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

Will there be a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 available for play at the event?

At this time, no. Replay does not own a Bride 2.0 and I'm not aware of anyone bringing one.

#252 7 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

Same for us. We'll have the P3 ready to play when the show opens on Thursday.
    See y'all there.

Same here. I will be there Weds. For setup. My vendor area will have over 2,000 console games for sale at the show.

#253 7 years ago

Try your hand at the Replay World Championship (yes, it's arcade games and not pinball)

The Replay World Championship is a 3-day classic arcade tournament with a guaranteed prize pool of over $4,000. The winner of the tournament will be anointed the World Champion of Classic Arcade Games by the Replay Foundation until the tournament takes place again the following year.

Every attendee of ReplayFX will be permitted to play three games in the Replay World Championship for free. Following these three attempts, a single $25 entry fee will earn players 40 additional attempts with which to achieve their highest possible scores across 8 different classic arcade titles. The 43 total attempts may be divided by players in whatever fashion they feel offers them the best strategic opportunity to qualify for the final rounds. Players will not be permitted to purchase additional qualifying attempts at any time.

Only the highest score on each tournament machine will be counted toward a player’s overall qualifying score. This means if a player attempts the same machine 4 times over the course of the 3-day qualifying period, only the highest score out of those 4 attempts will be counted. Only a player’s best 5 performances on the 8 available arcade titles will count toward his or her qualifying total. This defines the highest possible qualifying score as 500 points. This detail also means a player can strategically choose to avoid 3 or fewer of the arcade titles entirely during the qualifying period and still advance to the final rounds.

During the final rounds on Saturday evening, the top 24 qualifiers will compete in a head-to-head bracket, with the top 8 seeds receiving a first-round bye. Games will be played either as single-game elimination or best-two-games-out-of-three depending on which machine is chosen. The games may or may not be different from those used during qualifying, and the higher seed will not be permitted to choose the same game in more than one round.

Players and press should note that this is not a high score contest. Players will be asked to compete on the games in person, as they stand, with no custom button configurations, private joysticks, or personalized equipment. All players will compete on the same machines. While some world records may be broken, the ultimate goal is not to set high scores in an idyllic setting, but rather to crown a World Champion in a raucous, tournament atmosphere.

#254 7 years ago

I tried this out last year and it was a lot of fun. I also quickly learned that the video game world also has their equivalents of Keith Elwin and Jorian Engelbrektsson. The list of games is already made public and you can try them out on MAME if you're so inclined. They are: Missile Command, Dig Dug, Time Pilot, StarGate, Centipede, Frogger, Space Zap, Gyruss, Crazy Climber, and Lady Bug.

#255 7 years ago

How about some guest speakers:

Friday, July 29
    3:15pm: Dave Marston – Pinnsylvania

David Marston has given presentations and conducted panels at Pinball Expo and Pintastic New England, including “Pinball on Record”, “The History of Pinball Fandom”, “The Data Collectors: Pinball’s True Historians”, “Pinballs for Italy”, “How Can We Find Good Pinball Games On Location and Reward the Operators?”, and more. Dave also writes for PinGame Journal and has written for other pinball publications in the past.

In Dave’s own words: “From border to border, Pennsylvania is loaded with good pinball games available to the public. You just have to be prepared for a roadtrip. This is intended to be an interactive session where we review twenty years of leads I have gathered about good pinball spots throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.”

#256 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I tried this out last year and it was a lot of fun. I also quickly learned that the video game world also has their equivalents of Keith Elwin and Jorian Engelbrektsson. The list of games is already made public and you can try them out on MAME if you're so inclined. They are: Missile Command, Dig Dug, Time Pilot, StarGate, Centipede, Frogger, Space Zap, Gyruss, Crazy Climber, and Lady Bug.

Dang it, looks like I need to pick up a trackball!

#257 7 years ago

Anyone from Boston driving down? I need a pinball backglass picked up and delivered there. I am from Pittsburgh so can be there any day that is works for you!

#258 7 years ago

This will be my first time at Pinburgh and I'm really looking forward to it. This thread is really helpful in knowing what to expect and how many things will be going on. Flying out two weeks from today. Hope to make some new friends and am stoked to see some old ones!

#259 7 years ago

Is there a for sale thread?

#260 7 years ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

Is there a for sale thread?

There isn't currently, but feel free to post for sale games here.

I'm going to be bringing a METLE and TFLE to the show for sale.

#261 7 years ago

WTB Met Pro LED, please contact me if you have one available for pickup during Pinburgh. Would also consider NIB, if any distro in the Pittsburgh area has them.

#262 7 years ago
    Quoted from kayluh:

This will be my first time at Pinburgh and I'm really looking forward to it. This thread is really helpful in knowing what to expect and how many things will be going on. Flying out two weeks from today. Hope to make some new friends and am stoked to see some old ones!

Expect nothing but pure awesomeness!!!

#263 7 years ago

There was talk after last years Pinburgh about the concrete floors taking their toll on everyone over the long tourney. Was any solution ever found to this? I know some people brought mats to stand on.

#264 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There was talk after last years Pinburgh about the concrete floors taking their toll on everyone over the long tourney. Was any solution ever found to this? I know some people brought mats to stand on.

It really wasn't as bad as I expected. Just sit down somewhere between rounds or bring stuff and sit during rounds - anti-fatigue mat, folding stool, etc.

#265 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

It really wasn't as bad as I expected. Just sit down somewhere between rounds or bring stuff and sit during rounds - anti-fatigue mat, folding stool, etc.

Frequent runs between the bar and the tournament area solved it for me

#266 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

But don't move those chairs in the hall or you will be in trouble.

#267 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

There isn't currently, but feel free to post for sale games here.
    I'm going to be bringing a METLE and TFLE to the show for sale.

Hopefully you don't take AMEX

#268 7 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Frequent runs between the bar and the tournament area solved it for me

I really wish I would have figured out that there was beer available BEFORE Sunday.

#269 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I really wish I would have figured out that there was beer available BEFORE Sunday.

Well the portable bars in the hall itself were a real surprise to me... but we always left the hall for dinner, beer breaks and more... probably a bit too frequently

#270 7 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

But don't move those chairs in the hall or you will be in trouble.

Just the red chairs. NOBODY TOUCH THE RED CHAIRS.

/man I wish I was going this year.

#271 7 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

... and I'm looking forward to seeing this year's face paint.
    - Gerry

Let's just hope that it's only *face* paint...

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#272 7 years ago

FS Jurassic Park and Gottlieb Royal Flush (from the 70's not 50's)

Jurassic Park $2800 obo - was routed at some point but the playfield and backglass are nice. There is some wear on the scoops which I covered up with cliffys. The T Rex works perfectly. I replaced the left/right motor from a complete dino assy that I picked up and that fixed the problem. If interested, contact me and I'll send pics.

Royal Flush $900 obo - the playfield is extremely nice and with a tiny bit of wear above one insert only. The rest of the playfield looks brand new. The backglass is almost perfect. This machine was just shopped. If interested, contact me and I'll send pics.

I can bring them to the show or they can be picked up in South Park PA, which is 7 miles outside the city.

#273 7 years ago

Keeping with the EM theme... I'm looking for any of the following. Must be in great shape with little to no playfield wear:
    1. Gottlieb Sky Jump -or- Free Fall
    2. Gottlieb Hit the Deck -or- Neptune
    3. Gottlieb Super Spin
    4. Gottlieb Strange World

#274 7 years ago

I have a NOS WPT playfield and NOS WPT plastic set for sale that I can bring if anybody is interested.

#275 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The cost for carpeting was exceptionally high. But as an alternative, there is a nice lounge section in the middle of the Pinburgh area and we have a lot more seating available around the area.

#276 7 years ago

Sent an email to Bowen to get a refund one of the entries I paid for but have not heard back on this should I send it to someone else to process this? I know you guys are busy there just want to open up another spot for someone on waitlist let me know if I need to send this to another email address.

#277 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Sent an email to Bowen to get a refund one of the entries I paid for but have not heard back on this should I send it to someone else to process this? I know you guys are busy there just want to open up another spot for someone on waitlist let me know if I need to send this to another email address.

Bowen doesn't do ticket sales

Send a email to [email protected] with the details of your order. They will process it.

#278 7 years ago

Lyman doesn't do many seminars, but we have him!

Friday, July 29
    4:30pm: A Pinball Discussion with Lyman Sheats & Greg Dunlap

Greg Dunlap is a former pinball programmer, author, and Senior Drupal Architect at Lullabot. Greg will be discussing his own history within the gaming industry followed by a brief interview / Question & Answer session with longtime pinball programmer Lyman Sheats.

Lyman Sheats has programmed or contributed to numerous pinball machines over his 20+ year career in the gaming industry. Some of the more notable games to which Lyman has contributed include, but are not limited to: The Who’s Tommy, Spider-Man, Revenge From Mars, Metallica, Monster Bash, Attack From Mars, AC/DC, Batman, Tron Legacy, Guns N’ Roses, & Medieval Madness. Lyman is also a highly-decorated competitive pinball player, having won the PAPA World Pinball Championships in 1993, 2004 & 2006 in addition to several other major competitive tournaments.

#279 7 years ago

Awesome email sent, thanks for the heads up could not find the info on the site... See you guys down there!!!

Quoted from ninjadoug:

Bowen doesn't do ticket sales
    Send a email to [email protected] with the details of your order. They will process it.

#280 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Lyman Sheats has programmed or contributed to numerous pinball machines over his 20+ year career in the gaming industry. Some of the more notable games to which Lyman has contributed include, but are not limited to: The Who’s Tommy, Spider-Man, Revenge From Mars, Metallica, Monster Bash, Attack From Mars, AC/DC, Batman, Tron Legacy, Guns N’ Roses, & Medieval Madness.

*glaring omission : The Walking Dead

Yeah , i love Walking Dead , but even weirder :

Where is all the fucking excitement for ReplayFX.

Cmon Pinside! Let's show we can do more than complain about shit and rag on peoples for sale prices. 20160501_163702_(resized).jpg20160501_163702_(resized).jpg

#281 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Lyman doesn't do many seminars, but we have him!
    Friday, July 29
    4:30pm: A Pinball Discussion with Lyman Sheats & Greg Dunlap
    Greg Dunlap is a former pinball programmer, author, and Senior Drupal Architect at Lullabot. Greg will be discussing his own history within the gaming industry followed by a brief interview / Question & Answer session with longtime pinball programmer Lyman Sheats.
    Lyman Sheats has programmed or contributed to numerous pinball machines over his 20+ year career in the gaming industry. Some of the more notable games to which Lyman has contributed include, but are not limited to: The Who’s Tommy, Spider-Man, Revenge From Mars, Metallica, Monster Bash, Attack From Mars, AC/DC, Batman, Tron Legacy, Guns N’ Roses, & Medieval Madness. Lyman is also a highly-decorated competitive pinball player, having won the PAPA World Pinball Championships in 1993, 2004 & 2006 in addition to several other major competitive tournaments.

Well this keeps getting better...

#282 7 years ago

I'm super excited, Ed!

DSCF5604_(resized).JPGDSCF5604_(resized).JPG

#283 7 years ago

Just another tourney, move on.

#284 7 years ago

PinballSTAR is currently running a charity raffle for BOTH an America's Most Haunted AND a Rob Zombie. We will be bringing both of these games to ReplayFX in our booth for everyone to enjoy and will be selling raffle tickets at the show if not sold out prior. We are hoping to at least sell out during the show so we can have ReplayFX Show director Mark Steinman draw our winner as he did last year !

Details here :
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstars-pintastic-amh-and-rob-zombie-raffle-now-live

PinballSTAR Amusements is bringing a TON of stuff again this year for our booth. Similar to what we did at Allentown this year where we had 35 games up and running for folks to play ! We will have 10 spaces set up right in front of the Pinburgh stage - can't miss us in pinball central !

Unfortunately we will not be bringing the crazy dancing marionette puppet arcade machine everyone had a hoot with last year !

Here's what we are planning on bringing for everyone to enjoy and of course sell. We will have multiples of some games opened and set up as well to help with shorter lines. We will have a bunch of WOZ and Hobbit NIB games to sell in boxes as well in addition to the games on display. We are currently running a 4th of July sale on everything we sell - sale has been extended until Sun 7/24. Prices back to normal levels during the show. If you want to pre-order something to reserve it for pick up just shoot us an email at [email protected]. We can ship nationwide as well if you won't be attending the show.

JJP :
    Wizard of Oz (NIB available)
    The Hobbit (NIB LEs and Smaugs available)

Spooky :
    America's Most Haunted
    Rob Zombie

Planetary Pinball :
    Medieval Madness Remake (1 NIB Gold LE available plus Standard pre-order)

VP Cabs :
    Wizard
    Mini
    Vertigo

Virtuapin

Chicago Gaming :
    Arcade Legends 3
    Ms Pac Man / Galaga
    Coffee Table Foosball

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    570-357-0042

#285 7 years ago

I am super excited to be going with my whole family to Replay FX, If anyone has any suggestions for really good restaurants near Replay FX. I would love to check them out.

#286 7 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I am super excited to be going with my whole family to Replay FX, If anyone has any suggestions for really good restaurants near Replay FX. I would love to check them out.

The meatball place down the street from the Ten Penny bar / restaurant... I don't remember the name... MEATBALLS !

#287 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

The meatball place down the street from the Ten Penny bar / restaurant... I don't remember the name... MEATBALLS !

Is it called EMPORIO?! I'm dying to check that place out!!

#288 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Quoted from Cornelius:

Is it called EMPORIO?! I'm dying to check that place out!!

http://emporioameatballjoint.com/menu/

It was my favorite place.

#289 7 years ago

We ate at the Meatball place twice. Great stuff. I thought it was called Sienna Mercato though -- but apparently it's both(?) according to the googles.

http://www.siennapgh.com/mercato/

#290 7 years ago

Will definitely have to try that this year!

#291 7 years ago

When you arrive, go to the information booth and there will be a card with all the restaurants within walking distance of the Convention Center. Pittsburgh is loaded with some great restaurants!

#292 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

When you arrive, go to the information booth and there will be a card with all the restaurants within walking distance of the Convention Center. Pittsburgh is loaded with some great restaurants!

Now thats what I want to hear. I am going to try to gain 10 lbs over the weekend.

#293 7 years ago

Did any sickness go around ReplyFX last year? Between lack of sleep and and close contact, I tend to get sick during big events like this.

#294 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffpm:

Did any sickness go around ReplyFX last year? Between lack of sleep and and close contact, I tend to get sick during big events like this.

Hand_Sanitizer_(resized).JPGHand_Sanitizer_(resized).JPG

#295 7 years ago

Now thats what I want to hear. I am going to try to gain 10 lbs over the weekend.

Good luck dude. Most people in Pittsburgh are dangerously underweight due to lack of eating options.

#296 7 years ago

Trust me, I've tried this! I guess I need to bust out the hazmat suit. Cosplay opportunity?

#297 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffpm:

Trust me, I've tried this! I guess I need to bust out the hazmat suit. Cosplay opportunity?

Why not dress as a Ghostbuster while playing GB?

That's win-win!

#298 7 years ago

Speaking of hand sanitizer, will there be small sanitizer stations/bottles at the event or should I bring my own?

#299 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffpm:

Time to start loading up on Vitamin D!

#300 7 years ago

My ReplayFX checklist:

1. Play all the games. All of them.
    2. Meet Jack Danger.
    3. Meet Todd Tuckey.
    4. Meet lots of Pinsiders.
    5. Buy parts and mods and T-shirts.

So excited.

There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2016/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.