Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160801_070207_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191422_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191305_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191237_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191217_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191156_(resized).jpg
    20160731_171845_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171131_(resized).jpg
    20160731_162240_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171009_(resized).jpg
    20160729_222651_(resized).jpg
    20160730_134109_(resized).jpg
    20160729_103345_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183743_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183246_(resized).jpg
    20160728_100648_(resized).jpg
    There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
    #201 7 years ago

I'll be the lonely Brit looking to crash some friendly table in the VIP area again. I thought the VIP goodies were excellent last year, and easily worth the additional cost. Can't wait

This was just a little part of what happened at the VIP party last year:

#202 7 years ago

We've added another pinball tournament to ReplayFX! Open to everyone!

Intergalactic Pinball Championship

OVERVIEW:
    In lieu of a consolation tournament for Pinburgh, ReplayFX will now include a second WPPR-eligible pinball tournament open to all players. This tournament has been structured in a way to give anyone who desires more competitive pinball during the ReplayFX weekend a chance to continue playing, and also as a way to solicit donations for a group of charities hand-picked by the Replay Foundation staff. The tournament format will be Limited Best Game.

In exchange for a $10 donation toward one of the charities listed below, each player will receive 10 tickets, with each ticket representing one game on a qualifying machine. Players may not purchase additional tickets, which makes this tournament “limited” when compared to other Best Game or “Herb”-style pinball tournaments. The available qualifying bank will consist of 12 pinball machines drawn from all eras.

Qualifying scoring will follow standard PAPA World Championship procedures:
    1st place on a qualifying machine will equal 100 points, 2nd will equal 90 points, 3rd will equal 85 points, 4th will equal 84 points, and so on. The sum of points from the player’s best scores on 4 games will be used to rank players throughout the qualifying portion of the tournament. Only a player’s best score on each machine will be counted.

This is an IFPA endorsed tournament; anyone is eligible to play.

SCHEDULE:

Saturday
    10:00am – Open qualifying and registration.
    10:00am – 5:00pm – Qualifying open.
    5:00pm – 9:00pm – Qualifying closed. Go watch Pinburgh finals.
    9:00pm – 1:30am – Qualifying re-opens.
    1:30am – Qualifying ends.

Sunday
    9:00 – 9:30am – Check-In for Finals
    9:30am – Finals Begin
    COST:
    $10 donation to any of the following charities at registration: Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, RAINN, Replay Foundation, Western Pennsylvania Humane Society, or Wounded Warrior Project.

FINALS:
    At the end of qualifying Sunday, the top 40 players will qualify for finals. Any players tied on the qualifying bubble will qualify for finals.

Finals will be conducted as a 3 strike knockout tournament. Players will be grouped in 3 or 4 player groups and play one randomly assigned game. Players will record the results and return the scoresheet to the registration desk. The players who finish 3rd and 4th (or 2nd and 3rd in 3 player groups) will receive strikes.

After all results are recorded groups will be drawn again. Players will be grouped with other players with a similar number of strikes. Once a player has received 3 strikes they are eliminated from the event.

Play continues until there is only 1 player remaining. That player will be crowned the Intergalactic Pinball Champion.

PRIZES:
    All prizes consist of ReplayFX store credit. All credit won must be redeemed before the end of the show Sunday at 5pm.

1st: $150 +Trophy
    2nd: $100 +medal
    3rd: $70 +medal
    4th: $50 +medal
    5th-10th: $30
    11th-20th: $25
    21st-30th: $20
    Any ties in final standings will be decided by initial qualifying seed.

#203 7 years ago

Coming to ReplayFX and would like to volunteer for the Space Army?

Join the Space Army!

We need your help! The universe is in great peril, and the ReplayFX Space Army is seeking a wide range of volunteers to help our alliance do battle against the forces of organized alien crime. ReplayFX currently has several positions available for humanoid, arachnid, and jelly-blob life forms. If you are interested in joining the Space Army and fighting for the freedom and protection of Humanoids, Arachnids, and Jelly-blobs throughout the galaxies, we encourage you to fill out the application below.

If your application is accepted, our Brigade Commanders will instruct you on your specific duties in detail prior to lavishing you with priceless galactic artifacts such as a t-shirt, a full weekend pass into our festival, special access to the games, a behind-the-scenes look at the operation, and more!

Six 4-Hour Shifts (24 hours)

Super Special Space Army Badge & Lanyard
    One T-shirt Designating You as a Space Army Member
    One Full Weekend Pass
    Fifteen Extra Raffle Tickets
    Access to the VIP Party

Four 4-Hour Shifts (16 hours)

One Free One-Day pass
    Ten Extra Raffle Tickets
    Access to the VIP Party
    Two 4-Hour Shifts (8 Hours)

Five Extra Raffle Tickets
    50% Off One Daily Pass

One 4-Hour Shift (4 Hours)

20% Off One Daily pass

If you would like to volunteer to help fill out the form here: http://replayfx.org/space-army/

#204 7 years ago

Will Pinside have a booth at ReplayFX? Are there any plans for a Pinsider meet-up?

#205 7 years ago

There is no official Pinside meetup that I am aware of, but if someone would like to organize one, we could find some space to host it.

#206 7 years ago

Cornhole Competition!

Can you throw a bean bag at a hole? If so, you could win $500 in prize money!

ReplayFX will feature a bean bag toss competition, also known as cornhole, between two-player teams facing off in a standard head-to-head bracket. Players will alternate turns and throw bags at the opposing boards, which will be placed twenty-seven feet apart at their closest points. Any bean bag that stays on the opposing board will count as one point. Any bean bag that goes through the center hole in the opposing board will count as three points. The first team to score twenty-one points, winning by two or more, will advance in the bracket. The competition is free to enter, and the first-place team will win $500! Second-place will take home $100.

The ReplayFX cornhole competition will take place Sunday, July 31. Team sign-ups will occur between 9am and 9:30am. A brief explanation of the rules will take place at the conclusion of team sign-ups, after which the competition will begin and continue until champions have been crowned. Both members of a team must be present to sign-up, and all competitors must use the bean bags provided by ReplayFX. Multiple courts will be made available, and teams will be randomly assigned to a court when it is their turn to play.

The cornhole boards and associated bean bags will be made available to the general public from Thursday to Saturday.

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Cornhole Competition!
    Can you throw a bean bag at a hole? If so, you could win $500 in prize money!
    ReplayFX will feature a bean bag toss competition, also known as cornhole, between two-player teams facing off in a standard head-to-head bracket. Players will alternate turns and throw bags at the opposing boards, which will be placed twenty-seven feet apart at their closest points. Any bean bag that stays on the opposing board will count as one point. Any bean bag that goes through the center hole in the opposing board will count as three points. The first team to score twenty-one points, winning by two or more, will advance in the bracket. The competition is free to enter, and the first-place team will win $500! Second-place will take home $100.
    The ReplayFX cornhole competition will take place Sunday, July 31. Team sign-ups will occur between 9am and 9:30am. A brief explanation of the rules will take place at the conclusion of team sign-ups, after which the competition will begin and continue until champions have been crowned. Both members of a team must be present to sign-up, and all competitors must use the bean bags provided by ReplayFX. Multiple courts will be made available, and teams will be randomly assigned to a court when it is their turn to play.
    The cornhole boards and associated bean bags will be made available to the general public from Thursday to Saturday.

Mike Pacek and Rob Berk: Take note of this and offer it at EXPO.

#208 7 years ago

Daily Art and Audio Challenge at ReplayFX!

Art & Audio Challenge – Every day.

Can you name that sound?

Can you identify that video game screen shot, arcade sideart, or pinball backglass?

The Art & Audio Challenge will pit players against one another in a series of ten-question rounds. Each question will consist of a moderator displaying a piece of video game or pinball artwork, an audio clip, or both. For each question, the first competitor to press the buzzer will have five seconds, and one guess, to identify the referenced game. Players who correctly identify the game will receive a point. Players who guess incorrectly will lose a point.

The Art & Audio Challenge will be free to play and will award prizes to winners in each round.

#209 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Cornhole Competition!

It is SO INCREDIBLY ON!

#210 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Cornhole Competition!

I do the Beavis laugh every time I see this word.

#211 7 years ago

Kong-Off is returning to ReplayFX.

The Donkey Kong World Championships will bring together the world’s greatest Donkey Kong players to compete for high scores, a minimum of $4,000 in prize money, and the Kong Off Championship belt!

The Kong Off is managed by Richie “The King of Arcades” Knucklez and will offer festival attendees the opportunity to watch four days of world record-setting attempts. The current world record stands at 1,206,800. Will anyone at ReplayFX be able to climb higher?

#212 7 years ago

Can't wait!!!

#213 7 years ago

I received a really cool ReplayFX card in the mail today. Nice touch guys!

#214 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I received a really cool ReplayFX card in the mail today. Nice touch guys!

So did I!

#215 7 years ago

So did I. I wonder how I got on the mailing list? Which parts supplier or other pin show gave out the info?

We are not the ones they need to market to, they need more attendees from outside of the current pinhead market.

#216 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

So did I. I wonder how I got on the mailing list? Which parts supplier or other pin show gave out the info?
    We are not the ones they need to market to, they need more attendees from outside of the current pinhead market.

There's advertising in the Pittsburgh area. Not sure how many non-pinball / non-arcade folks would travel from outside of the area.

#217 7 years ago

I went to the event last year; that might have been why I received a card for this year's event.

#218 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

There's advertising in the Pittsburgh area. Not sure how many non-pinball / non-arcade folks would travel from outside of the area.

If it were considered in advance, a fighting game tournament could have been organized and promoted. The fighting game community is large, and many of us started in the arcades, so there's that. It would just not have to conflict with any of the major tourneys going on elsewhere, which is the biggest problem. People travel all over the world for these tourneys.

#219 7 years ago

NeonFM Challenge:

Can you keep time to music? If so, you have a chance to win money at NeonFM, an exciting new game by Unit-e that will be on display at ReplayFX!

NeonFM is an electrified rhythm and action game that asks players to press buttons in time to a variety of music. The more buttons you press, and the better time you keep, the better chance you will have of taking home some cash in this free-to-enter competition!

The NeonFM challenge will be held on Saturday, July 30, at 2pm and will offer a prize pool of $500. First place will receive $300. Second place will receive $150, and third place will receive $50. Full details will be disclosed at the event, so start practicing!

Find out more about NeonFM here: https://neonfm.com/

#220 7 years ago

Looking over the list of bands, I am really hoping to find enough time away from the tourney to check out Mega Beardo and Bit Brigade. I checked them out on youtube and they both seem like top notch acts. Of course, who can resist Flashback with the man, the myth, the legend, Jon Replogle!

20150801_232700_(resized).jpg20150801_232700_(resized).jpg

#221 7 years ago

The list of music acts this year is great:
    Universal Beat Union
    Triforce Quartet
    Bit Brigade
    Swampwalk
    Mega Beardo
    and of course Flashback... maybe with special guest vocalist Richie Knucklez on a song or two

#222 7 years ago

Was there a hotel room "the pullout couch is available" list last year? My traveling buddy can't make it, so I'm looking into solo options.

#223 7 years ago

There wasn't an official one, but this is probably a good place to post for one.

#224 7 years ago

Is the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra going to be doing a corresponding game-theme'd show like last year?

#225 7 years ago

How would one go about selling machines, and is renting a booth required to do so? I ask because the only places inside the venue that I saw them for sale were at booths. Unless I just didn't notice for sale signs on the machines??

#226 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

How would one go about selling machines, and is renting a booth required to do so? I ask because the only places inside the venue that I saw them for sale were at booths. Unless I just didn't notice for sale signs on the machines??

No booth is required.

To bring a game just fill out this form: http://replayfx.org/bring-a-game/

I'll be bringing my MET MoPLE and a Transformers LE to sell.

#227 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Is the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra going to be doing a corresponding game-theme'd show like last year?

Unfortunately, they will not be this year.

Last year's was an unplanned coincidence.

But there is this Night Run thing going on right across the river from ReplayFX on 7/30: https://www.nightnationrun.com/pittsburgh-2016/

#228 7 years ago

Oh my god, I'm so looking forward to checking out Rapid Fire! Never seen one in real life, but I've always been found of Hyperball...

#229 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

No booth is required.
    To bring a game just fill out this form: http://replayfx.org/bring-a-game/
    I'll be bringing my MET MoPLE and a Transformers LE to sell.

So once you put it on the floor you are allowed to offer it up for sale?

#230 7 years ago

I will be at Replayfx, so if anyone needs anything delivered or picked up lets go ahead and get it planned out. I will have a few things for sale, but mostly just example pieces setup for people to view. Still shooting to have some colored chrome samples there for you guys to see.

Pinball Plating
    [email protected]
    615-406-0204

#231 7 years ago

Hey guys,

I can't wait to attend my first ReplayFX and I'm very excited to say the least. I have a question regarding which day is the best to attend. My lady and I plan to embark on a big road trip, starting with ReplayFX and then make our way through upstate NY and see where it leads up from there. We are flexible with dates and times.

Our initial plan was to get into Pittsburgh Wednesday evening, wake up to hit Replay on Thursday and then head out of town from there. Are we missing out on anything if we do that, rather than waiting a day and hitting replay on Friday?

Thursday is my preferred day to attend, but I was worried that it would be a limited setup until the weekend hits. I'm mainly interested in shopping at the vendors and of course playing some rare titles. This year I won't be registering for any tournaments.

Any insight here is much appreciated and sorry if this question was covered already!

Dave

#232 7 years ago

A big portion of the pinballs are off limits to regular show attendees until the end of pinburg rounds on friday night. So if you go on thursday, you'll only have the non-pinburg pins to play. This is by no means a small number however. There are still more pins that are not involved in pinburg than most shows have total.

#233 7 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I will be at Replayfx, so if anyone needs anything delivered or picked up lets go ahead and get it planned out. I will have a few things for sale, but mostly just example pieces setup for people to view. Still shooting to have some colored chrome samples there for you guys to see.
    Pinball Plating
    [email protected]
    615-406-0204

Looking forward to seeing some of your work!!

#234 7 years ago

I'm a tourney player. But even if I was not, there's no way I could take in ReplayFX in one day. If your time is flexible, I would dedicate at least 2 full days for Replay. Also, and this is just a hunch, I would think less vendors would be set up and ready to go on Thursday AM than any other time. The PAPA games are all there from the beginning.

#235 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

A big portion of the pinballs are off limits to regular show attendees until the end of pinburg rounds on friday night. So if you go on thursday, you'll only have the non-pinburg pins to play. This is by no means a small number however. There are still more pins that are not involved in pinburg than most shows have total.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm a tourney player. But even if I was not, there's no way I could take in ReplayFX in one day. If your time is flexible, I would dedicate at least 2 full days for Replay. Also, and this is just a hunch, I would think less vendors would be set up and ready to go on Thursday AM than any other time. The PAPA games are all there from the beginning.

Thanks guys! The trip is flexible for us, but I think I only have one day to take it in before my lady will be anxious to see what the next phase of the trip has in store. Don't get me wrong, she's gonna have a blast, she plays in a league with me every week, and supports my pinball addiction, but I know she was trying to stick and move on this trip.

Sounds like there will be plenty of games to play no matter when we go, but what about vendors, should I just wait until Friday? I had a hunch some vendors will just be getting into town to setup on Thursday, and Friday everyone will be in full swing. I'm hoping to pick up some cool things for my game room.

#236 7 years ago

How often will the main tournament/waiting list be updated in the next few weeks? I'm on the outside looking in at the moment but hoping to slide into the field with cancellations. Thanks.

#237 7 years ago
    Quoted from zaterminator:

How often will the main tournament/waiting list be updated in the next few weeks? I'm on the outside looking in at the moment but hoping to slide into the field with cancellations. Thanks.

If you're going to the show the whole weekend anyway - show up before the tournament starts thursday morning and see if you can get on some kind of an in-person wait list. I would expect that some people who didn't cancel still won't show and there would be spots to squeak in to, if you're there and ready to go.

Just my thought, I have no idea if this would actually work.

#238 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

If you're going to the show the whole weekend anyway - show up before the tournament starts thursday morning and see if you can get on some kind of an in-person wait list. I would expect that some people who didn't cancel still won't show and there would be spots to squeak in to, if you're there and ready to go.
    Just my thought, I have no idea if this would actually work.

I am most likely going to come up with some guys who are in the field. I was just curious if there would be updates between now and show kickoff to know exactly where the counts stood.

#239 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

So once you put it on the floor you are allowed to offer it up for sale?

If you would like to sell it, yes.

From the webpage:

What if I sell my game while it’s there, can I turn it off?
    The Arcade is intended as a place where games are brought to share with others. ReplayFX staff reserves the right to keep all games in the Arcade powered on for the duration of the event unless a technical issue has arisen, in which case we will follow those procedures.

#240 7 years ago

I am most likely going to come up with some guys who are in the field. I was just curious if there would be updates between now and show kickoff to know exactly where the counts stood.

All players in the Pinburgh field have to be checked in by 9:30 AM on Thursday. Once that is complete we will open up any remaining spots to waitlisters who are on hand to take the spots.

#241 7 years ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

Thanks guys! The trip is flexible for us, but I think I only have one day to take it in before my lady will be anxious to see what the next phase of the trip has in store. Don't get me wrong, she's gonna have a blast, she plays in a league with me every week, and supports my pinball addiction, but I know she was trying to stick and move on this trip.
    Sounds like there will be plenty of games to play no matter when we go, but what about vendors, should I just wait until Friday? I had a hunch some vendors will just be getting into town to setup on Thursday, and Friday everyone will be in full swing. I'm hoping to pick up some cool things for my game room.

Some vendors may not besetting up until Friday, so you may miss a few.

#242 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That is one unique thing about ReplayFX. The Replay collection has over 800 pinball and video games in the collection in addition to over 2000 console games so even if no one else brings any games, we have you covered

#243 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

All players in the Pinburgh field have to be checked in by 9:30 AM on Thursday. Once that is complete we will open up any remaining spots to waitlisters who are on hand to take the spots.

Just to clarify, I assume this means the website listings, as they are now, will not change between now and 9:30 day of show? TIA

#244 7 years ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

...Thanks guys! The trip is flexible for us, but I think I only have one day to take it in before my lady will be anxious to see what the next phase of the trip has in store. Don't get me wrong, she's gonna have a blast, she plays in a league with me every week, and supports my pinball addiction, but I know she was trying to stick and move on this trip.

I'll be setting up Wednesday, and should be mostly set up by Thursday when the doors open.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#245 7 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I'll be setting up Wednesday, and should be mostly set up by Thursday when the doors open.

Same for us. We'll have the P3 ready to play when the show opens on Thursday.

See y'all there.

- Gerry
    http://www.multimorphic.com

#246 7 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Quoted from gstellenberg:

Same for us. We'll have the P3 ready to play when the show opens on Thursday.
    See y'all there.
    - Gerry
    http://www.multimorphic.com

Looking forward to harassing both of you

#247 7 years ago

Just to clarify, I assume this means the website listings, as they are now, will not change between now and 9:30 day of show? TIA

That is incorrect. The list of players and the waitlist will be continuously updated as needed until 24 hours before the show.

#248 7 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Looking forward to harassing both of you

... and I'm looking forward to seeing this year's face paint.

- Gerry

#249 7 years ago

Will there be a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 available for play at the event?

#250 7 years ago

There were some great seminars at the show last year... Does anyone know if seminars have been proposed on the topics of pinball machine restoration, or even basic repair work? I was talking about this with SuperPinball and we were thinking these kinds of seminar topics would be great for people new to the hobby as well as those who haven't had the courage to pull a machine apart.

There are a lot of really talented people going to this show... perhaps it's a great opportunity to share some knowledge!

There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2016/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.