Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160801_070207_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191422_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191305_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191237_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191217_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191156_(resized).jpg
    20160731_171845_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171131_(resized).jpg
    20160731_162240_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171009_(resized).jpg
    20160729_222651_(resized).jpg
    20160730_134109_(resized).jpg
    20160729_103345_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183743_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183246_(resized).jpg
    20160728_100648_(resized).jpg
    There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
    #151 8 years ago

I just reserved at the Westin for Fri and Sat night at $145/night. Was that the block rate?

#152 8 years ago

[EDIT1] Moved to the Omni!
    [EDIT2] $150 to change my flight almost a year in advance? Delta, you suck!!

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I attended quite a few pinball shows this year and Pinburgh/ReplayFX was the most fun of them all. I have no idea how this massive logistical challenge was pulled off so well, but damn, if you missed it this year you owe it to yourself to go.
    If the hotels fill up the Hampton is nearby and within walking distance. You really don't need a car... just UBER it to the hotel ($35-ish) and everything is within walking distance from there.

There is also a regular bus going to and from the airport from downtown. It's $3.75 each way. And, don't forget about Supertube!

http://replayfx.org/location-travel/travel-information/

#155 8 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

There is also a regular bus going to and from the airport from downtown. It's $3.75 each way. And, don't forget about Supertube!
    http://replayfx.org/location-travel/travel-information/

LOL at the Pneumatic Tube option.

#156 8 years ago

In regards to parking. We stayed at westin but found that 2 blocks away was public parking at greyhound station here is link
    http://www.pittsburghparking.com/gstc

It was half the price to park here than at convention center or westin parking and it was not a bad walk to westin and back.

#157 8 years ago

Last I heard the tube was still under construction. They're having problems with fiber optics in a section near Robinson, and one guy got shot into space.

Just more taxpayer money down the drain...

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from triadwatch:

In regards to parking. We stayed at westin but found that 2 blocks away was public parking at greyhound station here is link
    http://www.pittsburghparking.com/gstc
    It was half the price to park here than at convention center or westin parking and it was not a bad walk to westin and back.

I rented a car at that Greyhound garage when I went to PAPA last year. There is a car rental place in there and they were much cheaper downtown then renting a car from them at the airport. lol

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

Westin block appears completely sold out.
    I also have reports the Omni block is now sold out on Wednesday. Rooms are still available from Thurs - Sunday. I'm looking to expand that block again (we've already sold over 1000 rooms, so both hotels are approaching tapped out). I've also been approached by other hotels and am looking into adding more options. I should know more within a few days and will post here.

Wow 1000 room nights those are some crazy numbers congratulations! Again thank you for cross promoting with Pintastic in 2016.

#160 8 years ago

More rooms have been opened at the Omni for Wednesday - Sun. I just checked the website to be sure and was able to bring one up for booking.

#161 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

thank you for cross promoting with Pintastic in 2016.

Looking forward to it. I'll be in touch soon.

#162 8 years ago

I was able to reserve at the Westin Thursday Friday and Saturday night.... WOOHOO

I will be cheap and stay elsewhere the other days we are there....

#163 8 years ago

this afternoon (12/09) I was able to book Thurs/Fri/Sat night at the Westin with the group rate ($145/night) and Wednesday night at the Omni with the group rate ($139/night). Omni was also available Thurs/Fri/Sat.

sounds like the Westin is at full occupancy on Wednesday the 27th - ie. it is not just a matter of the ReplayFX block of rooms being sold out.

#164 8 years ago

Hmm, the Omni charged me $189 for Wed night, and I booked 2 days ago. I got the $139 rate for the other 3 days. I'll call and ask why they charged me $50 more...

[EDIT: It was the $50 late check out on Sunday]

Quoted from monty-:

and Wednesday night at the Omni with the group rate ($139/night).

#165 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

How is parking at these hotels? Free, safe, etc?

I see you're from PA so I assume you're driving.

For all others, the 28X bus goes from the airport to downtown with a stop about two blocks from the Westin for just a few bucks.

EDIT: Ah, as I get caught up with the thread, I see Bowen already mentioned it.

#166 8 years ago

Yes, driving. Thanks all for the recommendations. My worry is parking garage with a full sized truck and a cap. I'm at 7'10" with the cap. I can take it off but nice to have if I need to make a pickup and there's bad weather.

1 month later
    #167 8 years ago

Bored at work and looking through the wait list. Some big names pretty far down on the list including the 2015 B division winner.

Vacation approved and looking forward to this event already!

#168 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Bored at work and looking through the wait list. Some big names pretty far down on the list including the 2015 B division winner.
    Vacation approved and looking forward to this event already!

And the #4 player in the world, and #82, and #12, and #77. There are probably several others that I'm not as familiar with. This is clearly THE event of the year to be at.

#169 8 years ago

are people booking rooms through Sunday night? When do people start leaving?

#170 8 years ago

I am leaving Sunday afternoon.

Added over 8 years ago: I will be set up in the vendor area Thurs./Fri./Sat./Sun. with console games, posters, home-brews, pinball parts, ect. A little bot of everything. I have lots of help to watch my tables while I am playing the Pinburgh rounds.

#171 8 years ago

ReplayFX was "the" show of 2015 in my opinion... just loved the size, venue, condition of games, fun diversions, music, walkability to downtown bars, weather, etc. Did so many things right! An amazing feat of logistics getting all of those pins moved and set up and leveled on time.

I'm going to Clay's event in Ann Arbor in May, so I'm not sure I'll make it again this year... but... if history repeats itself I'll probably go for it at the last minute. :p

#172 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

are people booking rooms through Sunday night? When do people start leaving?

We stay until Monday morning, just because it is a 12 hour drive for us.

#173 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

We stay until Monday morning, just because it is a 12 hour drive for us.

Okay so what if I wanted to stick around to watch the completion of pinburgh? When did that wrap up this year?

#174 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay so what if I wanted to stick around to watch the completion of pinburgh? When did that wrap up this year?

Saturday evening.

#176 8 years ago

No problemo

4 weeks later
    #177 8 years ago

Bump, because I cant wait to go again this year!!!

#178 8 years ago

WOW, still 189 people on the wait list for Pinburgh. Great sign that there will be close to 700 people participating this time around.

Fun times ahead.

#179 8 years ago

Any word on if there will be a group rate for the Hampton inn and suites again this year? If not i'll probably go ahead and book the omni.

#180 8 years ago

Been trying to contact them about my vendor spaces... No reply. I suppose they could be waiting until after LOU arcade Expo to send out info?

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Been trying to contact them about my vendor spaces... No reply. I suppose they could be waiting until after LOU arcade Expo to send out info?

Your contract information has been sent twice, most recently on February 1. I've just resent it again after seeing this thread. If for some reason you aren't receiving it, PM me here, and we'll figure out what the problem is.

#182 8 years ago
    Quoted from greenhorn1:

Any word on if there will be a group rate for the Hampton inn and suites again this year? If not i'll probably go ahead and book the omni.

The Hampton filled up with a different event this year and wasn't available. That block has been replaced with the Omni and Wyndham.

3 weeks later
    #183 8 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

We're working with a local group to set up some console / fighting competitions. It's one of the new items for 2016 that will be added to the website over the coming months.

It's a shame that this takes place just two weeks after EVO, if the timing were different there might be more people that would show up just for that. Also Capcom Pro Tour is in White Plains NY the same weekend as ReplayFX. Bummer.

2 months later
    #184 7 years ago

Never been to Replay, is it anything like Allentown in regards to buying and selling machines?

#185 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Never been to Replay, is it anything like Allentown in regards to buying and selling machines?

No, there are vendors there, but it is more about the playing and various tournaments than buying and selling.

#186 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Nothing like each other. This is setup like a convention. There are vendors selling stuff, speaker presentations, the main tournaments and the main arcade. And the three days of partying too

#187 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

There are machines for sale but not many. Probably because last year was the first year for it and it probably wasn't known that machines could be sold there.

#188 7 years ago

Cool, thx guys..Might have some time to check this out... looks amazing! Cheers!

#189 7 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

And the three days of partying too

Could this be the reason I barely qualified for D division last year?

#190 7 years ago

Is it worth the extra $50 to buy a VIP pass with access to the after party Saturday night, or is the regular $95 weekend pass sufficient?

#191 7 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Is it worth the extra $50 to buy a VIP pass with access to the after party Saturday night, or is the regular $95 weekend pass sufficient?

As far as I can tell nobody got kicked out of the "vip party" - at least playing pinball till they kicked out everybody.

#192 7 years ago

I had a VIP badge and I played until 2AM Sunday morning. It was sure worth it to me.

#193 7 years ago

Schedule says arcade is open until 2am anyway. What is the "VIP Afterparty"?

#194 7 years ago

Last year it was a trivia game, meats and cheeses to snack on and a chance to beat the winner of the 80's Nintendo Power Player Challenge (or something) using the same cartridge they used in the competition.

I could have sworn late night Saturday was only open to the VIPs last year - it was pretty much the only time I had NeonFM all to myself.

#195 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I had a VIP badge and I played until 2AM Sunday morning. It was sure worth it to me.

I had no VIP badge and I played until 2am Sunday morning as well, same with a bunch of my friends. Not paying the extra $50 was sure worth it to us.

#196 7 years ago

Got my tickets! I'll be there on Thursday and Friday.

#197 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I had no VIP badge and I played until 2am Sunday morning as well, same with a bunch of my friends. Not paying the extra $50 was sure worth it to us.

Congratulations on pooping in the punch bowl in every thread. Really edgy stuff.

#198 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Congratulations on pooping in the punch bowl in every thread. Really edgy stuff.

Is there some reason you want your fellow pinsiders to waste $50? That's pretty edgy.

The VIP badge gets you certain cool perks but playing late isn't one of them.

#199 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there some reason you want your fellow pinsiders to waste $50? That's pretty edgy.
    The VIP badge gets you certain cool perks but playing late isn't one of them.

I'm not part of the PBC so I'm not really going out of my way to help a "fellow pinsider", but the dude asked a question and I answered it to the best of my abilities. I guess I really love ReplayFX and I want to see them succeed and if that means more people buying VIP badges, more power to them.

There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2016/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.