4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 93 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160801_070207_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191422_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191305_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191237_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191217_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191156_(resized).jpg
    20160731_171845_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171131_(resized).jpg
    20160731_162240_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171009_(resized).jpg
    20160729_222651_(resized).jpg
    20160730_134109_(resized).jpg
    20160729_103345_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183743_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183246_(resized).jpg
    20160728_100648_(resized).jpg

There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
    #101 4 years ago

In like flynn, can't skip 2 years in a row.

11:40 117 tickets remain with people in the que.

SCREP.jpg

#102 4 years ago

The ticket pace is currently ahead of last year's in every way. About 100 pinburgh spots remain before the waitlist kicks in. From my perspective, Pinburgh signups this year look more similar to the second year we sat at 400 players than last year's expansion year.

Lots of fun things waiting to be announced. The community has been very gracious to us, and we will do everything we can to improve. Thank you!

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

The ticket pace is currently ahead of last year's in every way. About 100 pinburgh spots remain before the waitlist kicks in. From my perspective, Pinburgh signups this year look more similar to the second year we sat at 400 players than last year's expansion year.
    Lots of fun things waiting to be announced. The community has been very gracious to us, and we will do everything we can to improve. Thank you!

It's because people know I can't make it this year. Attendance should be way up. You're welcome.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's because people know I can't make it this year. Attendance should be way up. You're welcome.

Beezleboob's the reason for the season

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Beezleboob's the reason for the season

Yes. Being around me usually makes people feel compelled to go to church.

And take a really long shower with extra soap.

#106 4 years ago

I'm in for ticket reservations....

I have to figure out how on earth I can possibly justify the OTHER 1100 dollars it will cost me to go by march though, and that's pretty ridiculous. 800 for just the hotel alone for 5 nights is....yeah... SMH...

#107 4 years ago

33 remain before waitlist, 90 min in.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I have to figure out how on earth I can possibly justify the OTHER 1100 dollars

Worth it.

#109 4 years ago

Easily debatable for me...considering I skipped an invitation to IFPA12 that would have cost me the same, and I personally put a lot more stock in that or PAPA Circuit Finals over an open entry tournament. That's just my opinion as a competitive player that busted his butt to crack the top 100 and hasn't made any effort at all this year to maintain ranking. Given 20/20 hindsight, I would have gone even with no chance at all to win, because I likely will not get that invite a second time. Pinburgh will always be around though. It kind of feels like a consolation prize to me right now. #firstworldproblems

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm in for ticket reservations....
    I have to figure out how on earth I can possibly justify the OTHER 1100 dollars it will cost me to go by march though, and that's pretty ridiculous. 800 for just the hotel alone for 5 nights is....yeah... SMH...

yeah, this is my boat that I row as well. add another $125 for car parking. but you know its going to be awesome.

#111 4 years ago

You guys know there are options other than 800 for five nights at a hotel and 125 for parking, right?

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

You guys know there are options other than 800 for five nights at a hotel and 125 for parking, right?

I'm all ears... I've never been there. I don't intend to have a car, unless I can check my Civic.

#113 4 years ago

Plenty of hotels in the downtown area. Also lots of options on airbnb. Uber will get you around for cheap.

#114 4 years ago

Ah, Yeah!

#115 4 years ago

I bought a reservation about 15 minutes ago. How do we know if we are in or wait listed?

#116 4 years ago

Pezpunk - I was not able to purchase a ticket, and the wait list was provided as an option, so good chance you're in.

#117 4 years ago

If you room with someone it is also half that cost, people that attend these tourneys are the friendliest of people and pretty sure you can cut costs if that is your concern. Hell I am had offers for people I barely know to stay at their houses. Pinburgh IMO is the best competitive tourney in the world hands down and one of the toughest to win as you need to be consistent on a wide range of machines for 10 grueling rounds of competition. There are no do overs and you need to be on your game from the moment you plunge the ball...

Quoted from Frax:

I'm all ears... I've never been there. I don't intend to have a car, unless I can check my Civic.

#118 4 years ago

If you entered credit card information, you officially have a reservation. The waitlist is a separate application that is specifically labelled "Waitlist".

#119 4 years ago

What days do most of you book a room for. (Pinburgh Tourney)
    Is Wednesday arrival preferred.
    How long is Sunday?
    Do most leave out on Monday?

#120 4 years ago

I make a week out of it... It all depends on what your schedule is. There is plenty to do in the area.

#121 4 years ago

If you're playing in Pinburgh I would suggest booking Wed through Sun.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from SergioJ:

If you're playing in Pinburgh I would suggest booking Wed through Sun.

Thanks. And yes Pinburgh is the reason. Edited above.
    So looking at around $700 in hotel. Whoopie

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

What days do most of you book a room for. (Pinburgh Tourney)
    Is Wednesday arrival preferred.
    How long is Sunday?
    Do most leave out on Monday?

Arrive Wed and leave Sunday.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Arrive Wed and leave Sunday.

So all tourney stuff is done Sat. Night or Sun morning?
    Thanks for the info

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks for the info

Done Saturday night. Last year I left Saturday night. Didn't really feel like there was enough I wanted to do Sunday for me to justify the cost of staying another night.

#126 4 years ago

Hotel booked

#127 4 years ago

Hotel and all appropriate tix booked! Just have to figure out a work "work around".....
    the reviews of the last one were so good. must make this happen!!

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

there is, but I figured what I'd save in the parking I'd end up paying in taxi fee's to get there and back so it was a wash for me.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from bcrage88:

If you room with someone it is also half that cost,

We had 3 in the room last time. 1/3 cost was nice. Fuckers snored like crazy Thursday night though. Strangely enough Friday morning round 6 was my best round scoring 11 points. Earplugs this year for sure!

Quoted from Frax:

Easily debatable for me.

I hear ya. I spent a bunch last time. Felt that the fun was worth way more than the money. Must have made 200 new friends. Even reunited with Jen Peavler recently in Madison! Poor girl was in the above mentioned round 6....she paid me back while in town though

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks for the info

Pinburgh ends Saturday
    Thursday Qualify to get placed in Division A,B,C,D
    Friday Qualify winning your division.
    Saturday Finals Top 40 each division, or Consolation Tourney for those that don't qualify for finals.

#131 4 years ago

If you are playing in Pinburgh, I highly recommend sticking around for Saturday and Sunday. Assuming that you make finals on Saturday(that's 160 players), Saturday night and Sunday are your best times to enjoy the rest of the show. There are just a crazy amount of games there and you need the better part of a day just to see/play half of them!

As for hotels, since the Westin block has no Wednesday available, I decided to bite the big one and get that single night at the Courtyard across the street and the remainder of the nights at the Westin. The regular rate at the Courtyard is $259/night, but at least you can cancel. The freakin Westin you can get a room for the same price($259) but it is non-refundable. If you want a refundable night at Westin they want $311/night plus taxes.

#132 4 years ago

The trip cost me near a grand last year after plane tickets and everything, but it was the best $1000 I have ever spent. So much fun and great people and great city even if the Pirates do play there

Ended up winning $250 in Pinburgh though so that helped.

#133 4 years ago

I play in Pinburgh, I'm a vendor at the event, and it is the most exhausting thing I have ever attended. I'm registered for Pinburgh 2016 and wouldn't change a thing.

Last yeAr was the coolest event I have ever attended and I've been going to 6 shows a year, for 15 years! I do wish more people cared about the console stuff that was set up. It really seemed neglected at the show for how much effort they put into all the consoles.

#134 4 years ago

IMO it is important to stay in (or near) Pittsburgh on Wednesday night, as Pinburgh starts early on Thursday and you won't want to be coming off of significant early morning travel time.

Last year, I stayed until Sunday, but it wasn't necessary. Thurs/Fri/Sat was plenty of time to check out the rest of ReplayFX during Pinburgh downtime. I will be travelling back home on Saturday night this time to save cash. 3 nights is much more reasonable than 5. YMMV.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

IMO it is important to stay in (or near) Pittsburgh on Wednesday night, as Pinburgh starts early on Thursday and you won't want to be coming off of significant early morning travel time.
    Last year, I stayed until Sunday, but it wasn't necessary. Thurs/Fri/Sat was plenty of time to check out the rest of ReplayFX during Pinburgh downtime. I will be travelling back home on Saturday night this time to save cash. 3 nights is much more reasonable than 5. YMMV.

I drove in 2.5 hours from Ohio Thursday morning for Pinburgh, wasn't too big of a deal. I'd say staying outside the city Wednesday night in order to save money could be a good idea.

#136 4 years ago

I attended quite a few pinball shows this year and Pinburgh/ReplayFX was the most fun of them all. I have no idea how this massive logistical challenge was pulled off so well, but damn, if you missed it this year you owe it to yourself to go.

If the hotels fill up the Hampton is nearby and within walking distance. You really don't need a car... just UBER it to the hotel ($35-ish) and everything is within walking distance from there.

#137 4 years ago

First trip to Pinburgh, I'm very excited!

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I drove in 2.5 hours from Ohio Thursday morning for Pinburgh, wasn't too big of a deal. I'd say staying outside the city Wednesday night in order to save money could be a good idea.

Sure, if you're near Pittsburgh it's no big deal. Just looking out for people who might be thinking of driving 5+ hours in the morning.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

First trip to Pinburgh, I'm very excited!

You will have a BLAST....

#140 4 years ago

Ahh yes,
    I am so looking forward to helping prep, move, set up, level, repair, tear down, and move 700+++ games again for ReplayFX 2016!
    Am I sadistic for thinking that the vent is SO MUCH FUN!

#141 4 years ago

Bus system is really good too. I only ubered at night to rendezvous to party with my girlfriend. But in the morning, the bus is great. And all of downtown Pittsburgh is walkable.

#142 4 years ago

I stayed in the Westin last year and was able to walk everywhere the whole weekend. It was nice, parked my car in the garage and never had to move it/deal with traffic.

#143 4 years ago

I booked the Omni starting Wednesday night per the advice here. Haven't been to any major tournament since I started playing competitively early this year unless you count MAGFest. Looking forward to it!

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

You really don't need a car... just UBER it to the hotel ($35-ish)

There is a also bus directly from the airport that leaves you a few blocks away. It's $3.75 and runs at least every 30 minutes.

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

You don't need a car. There's a bus that runs from the airport to a couple blocks from the C-center and hotels for like $3.75

Downtown is pretty walkable, and Uber is pretty easy to get to go anywhere outside walking distance. No reason to pay for parking.

#146 4 years ago

I was planning to get in around 11am Thursday morning. Would that be a big problem for participating in Pinburgh?

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I was planning to get in around 11am Thursday morning. Would that be a big problem for participating in Pinburgh?

I believe you would miss the first round of play. I'm not sure if you are required to play all rounds. Would be something to ask one of the organizers.

#148 4 years ago

You have to be there at 9am for Pinburgh I believe.

I recommend taking the bus from the airport. It does take about 45 minutes to get downtown, but it is super cheap and only drops you off a block or so from the Westin.

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

You have to be there at 9am for Pinburgh I believe.
    I recommend taking the bus from the airport. It does take about 45 minutes to get downtown, but it is super cheap and only drops you off a block or so from the Westin.

"All players must check in by 9:45 am on Day 1. Players who are not checked in by 9:45 am and present for the roll call at 10 am may be removed from the tournament."

I guess I'd better change my flight plan and find a place to stay Wed night.

#150 4 years ago

Westin block appears completely sold out.

I also have reports the Omni block is now sold out on Wednesday. Rooms are still available from Thurs - Sunday. I'm looking to expand that block again (we've already sold over 1000 rooms, so both hotels are approaching tapped out). I've also been approached by other hotels and am looking into adding more options. I should know more within a few days and will post here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 248.85
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 259.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 64.99
    There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside