3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 93 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160801_070207_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191422_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191305_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191237_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191217_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191156_(resized).jpg
    20160731_171845_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171131_(resized).jpg
    20160731_162240_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171009_(resized).jpg
    20160729_222651_(resized).jpg
    20160730_134109_(resized).jpg
    20160729_103345_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183743_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183246_(resized).jpg
    20160728_100648_(resized).jpg

There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
    #1 3 years ago

ReplayFX will take place July 28-31, 2016 at the David L Lawrence Convention Center. This year will include more games, more space, more competitions, and more entertainment. We are doing everything we can to introduce pinball to a new audience, and we hope you will join us in the effort.

More information can be found at our website: http://www.ReplayFX.org

I also welcome the directors of all other pinball-centric shows to contact me directly. If you have dates, artwork, or other information related to your show, I will help you advertise at ReplayFX either for free or at cost, depending on the option you choose. If you do not want to take me up on this option, I welcome you to post a link to your show in this thread to help get the word out.

Long live pinball.

#2 3 years ago

ReplayFX was terrific, and PAPA/The Replay Foundation is doing terrific things to help grow and promote pinball.

Thanks a ton, I'm really excited for next year's show!

#3 3 years ago

Knew it was too good to be possible. Booked tickets for Hamilton on the 28th in NYC. Craptastic. Friends from another state booked for the same day so no Pinburgh for me

#4 3 years ago

Oh I am soooo in. Can't wait!

#5 3 years ago

More games promised?

#6 3 years ago

For people that didn't go that want to know more, ReplayFX 2015 was truly amazing. I couldn't believe the selection of both pinball and arcades (environmental Disc of Tron for example). The Louisville crew had a blast playing titles we rarely see, and on a positive note the number of games was a bit overwhelming. Just when we got accustomed to where certain machines were (of the several hundreds), the tournament section opened and another couple hundred pins were available for free play.

Other things to note:
    1. Arcades and Pins were being constantly worked on if down. One thing I liked is that they had a pre-printed form that anyone could fill out describing why they turned the machine off. This probably helped a ton with the tech knowing the issue (instead of the "WHY IS THIS GAME OFF?!??!? Oh Well. Seems okay to me <turns back on>").

2. The staff. I mean this is the PAPA staff. Very professional and very friendly. I am guessing most volunteers were local. Shout-out to Cassandra (sp?), who is in the local pinball league that volunteered. You can tell they took a little pride in it...and deserved to.

3. Location. I have never been to Pittsburgh before until ReplayFX. Awesome city. Very walk-able. Lots of local restaurants and bars to visit that are nearby. Check out Sammy's Corned Beef on Liberty.

Running a show can be a bit challenging. It is very nice to go to shows to learn from like Pinball Expo and ReplayFX. The PAPA crew did pretty well for year one. I can't wait to check out year two. I highly encourage this show for next year's list. I am hoping on bringing up the family next time myself.

#7 3 years ago

Is there any deals at the nearby Westin or other hotels?

#8 3 years ago

There was a "show rate" offered last year at the Westin. I would assume that there will be one this year as well.

#9 3 years ago

Had a fantastic time last year, looking forward to doing it again in 2016!

#10 3 years ago

Awesome news!

#11 3 years ago

Website says the group rate of $145/night at Westin is coming soon. If it is anything like last year make sure to book it ASAP. Don't think the block lasted a day last time.

#12 3 years ago

Let us know when we can register for Pinburgh and reserve group rate rooms at the Westin. Can't wait!

#13 3 years ago

I'm hoping to go back. Loved the environment. Good times all around. Very happy with the show, hope next year is just as amazing.

#14 3 years ago

I'm still waiting for the discount code from the Westin, but the rate should be active if you call in. If it's not, then they're making a mistake, so let me know and I will fix it. The Westin block was expanded by 40% from last year, and we're also in the process of setting up additional hotel blocks, which should be finished within a week, two at most. The show has become large enough locally that the city's tourism group Visit Pittsburgh handles this portion of the planning, so I am at their mercy in some respects.

We are still in the "growth" portion of the planning, so a chunk of the budget is once again dedicated to acquiring games and improving the collection. We are paying specific attention to popular games that were not represented in 2015. The pinball collection has also been diversified dramatically over the last two or three years. While we once had eleven Twilight Zones, we now have three, and the money from the rest has been repurposed into a wider variety of pins that weren't previously represented. The PAPA collection of 2016 is very different from the PAPA collection of 2012.

I can also proudly say our tech records show fewer broken games at last year's festival compared to the previous Pinburgh at the old facility, which is somewhat amazing considering the process of moving and setting everything up in a short period of time.

#15 3 years ago

Pinburgh registration will be available December 6, 2015 on our website. The cost will be equal to last year or less.

I just confirmed with the Westin, and if you call in to mention ReplayFX, the group discount will work.

#16 3 years ago

I had a great time last year and I can't wait for the upcoming event. I hope the Zelda symphony comes back, watching the sunset over the river listening to classic Zelda music was a highlight. I was surprised how well run and on time everything ran. The machines played great and any issues requiring a repair it was done quickly. I had no issues in 10'rounds of play. What a great event!

#17 3 years ago

I'll be there. Finally doing some pinball traveling.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

Pinburgh registration will be available December 6, 2015 on our website. The cost will be equal to last year or less.
    I just confirmed with the Westin, and if you call in to mention ReplayFX, the group discount will work.

Will the Pinburgh schedule be the same? Thursday/Friday Qualifying and Finals on Saturday?

#19 3 years ago

AWESOME!!!!!

I'm very excited I'll be set up at ReplayFX this year. I'll be set up in a side room off the front entrance offering board and game repair, and my usual selection of pinball parts, mods, testers, anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminators, and boards.

Be sure to stop by and say hi and check out the new wares.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#20 3 years ago

Just made reservations, discount code worked. Looking forward to again, thanks for putting it on again.

#21 3 years ago

Just made reservations over phone, mentioning Replay FX. Disappointed the Pirates aren't in town. Even the wife wants in on this one.

#22 3 years ago

I am in. Any Vendor info yet?

#23 3 years ago

Would love to see more pinball vendors there... new and used stuff. Seems like there's a ton of room out in the main area at the top of the escalators, but maybe that's not all available/rented for ReplayFX. I know if I was a vendor, I would want to be there in 2016!

#24 3 years ago

Super sad this falls on my weekend to work again. Really wanted to tag along with the husband this time.

#25 3 years ago

Now I only need to convince my wife that she wants to spend her birthday in Pittsburgh...

#26 3 years ago

I almost went last year but didn't because I was traveling for work way too much. I was kicking myself while it was going on for not going. Not this time. I will surely be there.

#27 3 years ago

Mine is booked, you need to tell them the event is Replay FX and they will give you the group rate, otherwise it is $329.00 a night, lol...

#28 3 years ago

Just booked my room as well. I could not use the code "ReplayFX" on the Starwood website so I did it the old fashioned way; via a telephone call.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elix72:

Super sad this falls on my weekend to work again. Really wanted to tag along with the husband this time.

Time to do some fancy co-worker bartering.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#30 3 years ago

Room booked. See you all then!

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

Now I only need to convince my wife that she wants to spend her birthday in Pittsburgh...

I spent mine at expo, and it was awesome! Traveling is also another of my favorite things!

Quoted from Borygard:

Time to do some fancy co-worker bartering.
    --

My coworkers aren't very flexible and cooperative, and I'm going to need to pull some magic for two other trips before then. Then again, maybe someone will surprise me!

#32 3 years ago

They're taking their sweet time getting me the actual website code. I'm not sure what the hold up is, but calling in and mentioning ReplayFX should work.

The Pinburgh schedule should be very similar. Ultimately, Doug is the one making that call since he's the tournament director, but my understanding is if the schedule is shifted in any way, it won't be by much. One thing we are doing with the overall festival schedule, however, is managing things like the raffles differently so attendees / players won't have to stand in a bunch at a specific time. There's a lot of small aspects like that where we learned from year #1 and will improve.

#33 3 years ago

looks like im travelling this year, at least for a day or two of it. Just talked the wife into doing a vacation out east, so planning it around the show

#34 3 years ago

Pittsburgh. Party.image.jpg

#35 3 years ago

LIZARDMAN!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#36 3 years ago

Reservation made.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from stooped:

Just made reservations over phone, mentioning Replay FX. Disappointed the Pirates aren't in town. Even the wife wants in on this one.

Pirates will be in town Tuesday and Wednesday night, so you could come in early and catch them before ReplayFX begins.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

ReplayFX was terrific

Thanks again for the ride last year!

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

Just booked a room, got the discount rate.

December 6 is marked on the calendar. PINBURGH!

#40 3 years ago

That's great of you guys to cross promote with other shows. PM sent today to cross promote with Pintastic New England! July will be a big pinball show month.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

The show has become large enough locally that the city's tourism group Visit Pittsburgh handles this portion of the planning, so I am at their mercy in some respects.

A great problem to have! Nice to hear about RFXII!!!

#42 3 years ago

Just made my reservation. Already very excited about the show after attending last year!

#43 3 years ago

This is great news. I will be there.

#44 3 years ago

Hotel room reserved. This year was a blast. Looking forward to next year.

#45 3 years ago

hell yeah!

it would be great to see the vendor area expanded this year.

#46 3 years ago

Room reserved!! Can't wait!

#47 3 years ago

Glad I read this thread... Westin reserved with the group rate via phone! It was really nice being able to chill in the room between Pinburgh rounds last time. Can't wait for the next one!

#48 3 years ago

Did you guys have to pay when you reserved via phone, or pay later?

#49 3 years ago

Credit card reserves the room; but you are not charged until 6pm the night before your stay.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

Did you guys have to pay when you reserved via phone, or pay later?

You have to give a credit card number to reserve the room but you don't get charged until the stay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 14.95
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 109.99
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 42.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside