• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Chrisbee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hello all:
I recently picked up a '66 Williams Casanova which I am finishing up shopping it. I am having a problem in that I just dont understand the setup proper of the replay plugs. Got the setup card on the right side of the back cabinet but my understanding seems t fail me in my old age. I was an arcade mechanic back in the 80's and can still fix pins in my sleep, but I must be forgetting something. Any help appreciated.

Love EM's!

Mark

#2 4 years ago

The wires should be color coded 1-10, then you plug in each one you want to award a special into the proper female plug. The female plug is like a multiplier. For example, position 3 might be 100 x blue (2) = replay on 200 points.

The score card should lay it out. Hopefully that helps!

-Nick

#3 4 years ago

Hi Nick,
That's how I understood it also, however, that didnt seem to play out. I set up a replay at 3500 according to the chart and it gave one at 1800. I may still have a bit to shop out on the machine yet.
Mark

#4 4 years ago

I'm not familiar with early Williams titles and the plug set up for replays, however did find an explanation on the net. Thought this may help.

http://www.purcellvillepinball.com/alpineinformation.html

#5 4 years ago

Thanks oldpins - as with most things, I look at them, learn them, use them, then forget all but the bare details.

Had it completely twisted around - female jones plug acts as a range, and male acts as the identifier. A male plug marked as 2100-3000 plugged into the 800 female would give you 2800.

Sorry about that BrandyMB!

#6 4 years ago

I edited the title, hopefully more people will look!! (added - 66 Williams Casanova)

#7 4 years ago

@Chris: Thanks for the change! @Oldpins: I actually had the replay setup card upside down and was reading it off the back cabinet wall backwards. I now know and have it set up. Thanks also for the link. Good info!

Mark

#8 4 years ago

The old "card upside down" trick, the 3rd time this week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 0.35
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside