New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 95847)

Replay FX Festival OFFICIAL TALKBACK THREAD

By Kineticross

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by atariaction
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Hopefully the PA PUC will not drive out Lyft and Uber by then. So they should also be options. Pittsburgh is working on vitalizing the downtown area, so it should be a good place to stay. Hope to see you all there. This is going to be an awesome event. I can't wait to see it all come together.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from tb0ne:

I was thinking the opposite. No car needed, there's several hotels right near the convention center. Take the train or the cab from the airport.

I'm with you there. As someone who doesn't drive this will make my Pinburgh infinitely easier to attend. No need to coordinate rides to/from PAPA HQ etc. Having the event in Pittsburgh proper is a big advantage for me personally. I can't wait for next summer to arrive!

#53 6 years ago

Not happy they have moved it to the summer, always liked the spring date as it is primarily a indoor event since all you do it play pinball all day, I have found there is no time for other things while you are competing... However, you can count me in again...

#54 6 years ago

The PAPA World Championships will be taking place in the spring, so you can still get your fix

#55 6 years ago

Just thought about this: Looks like y'all have every type of gaming represented except PC/LAN

#56 6 years ago

Ever consider moving PAPA to Vegas?

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

Just thought about this: Looks like y'all have every type of gaming represented except PC/LAN

I've reached out to a few LAN communities in both Pittsburgh and Philly, but nothing is concrete to the point I'm willing to advertise it yet.

#59 6 years ago

We've been busy over the past week. New additions to the collection include:

Pinball - Funhouse, Addams Family, Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Arcade - Pump it Up, 18 Wheeler, Silent Scope 2, Donkey Kong, Track & Field, Space Invaders
    Tabletop - Poo, ,A Game of Wit and Luck, No Thanks!, Friday, King of Tokyo, Cartegena, Quarriors, Battle Line, ,Hey! That's My Fish!, Quelf, Quirkle Cubes, Tsuro, Family Business, The Resistance, Ultimate Werewolf

We're also proud to announce Raw Thrills, Inc. will be taking part in the festival by promoting their exciting line of arcade games and running a Big Buck HD tournament on the main floor.

More updates to come.

Also, don't forget it's CalX weekend! Be sure to visit if you get a chance.
    http://www.caextreme.org

1 week later
    #60 6 years ago

We've received confirmation that Stern Pinball will be attending the festival. We're excited to have them on board and look forward to seeing what games they plan on showcasing.

4 months later
    #61 5 years ago

How many spots left? Not sold out yet? I'm in I'm just curious

#62 5 years ago

There are less than 30 spots remaining, but I don't have precise data. Less than 30 left means over 670 players have registered for the tournament ... wow.

#63 5 years ago

The waitlist kicked in a few hours ago at 700, and then I went through and found a few duplicate entries. As of now, there's a sprinkling of spots available.

Will check again tomorrow for any other oddities that pop up that may open a spot here or there. Overall the launch of Pinburgh 2015 and ReplayFX was staggeringly good. I can't express how grateful I am to the community for their support.

#64 5 years ago

This is just amazing. You guys are kicking some serious behind! Pinball resurgence is still on the rise!

#65 5 years ago

For those looking to travel throughout the Pittsburgh area during ReplayFX and are concerned about costs or additional logistics, my suggestion is to rent a bicycle. Once on a bike, you are free to explore the many beautiful miles or prime riverfront trails that we have in the once smokey city of Pittsburgh. You can find some fine neighborhoods to enjoy only a few miles from downtown without ever climbing any hills.

The number of people here that might actually do this may only be a fraction(or even a fraction of a fraction) of a percent, but I can guarantee them that it's the way to go.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from LEE:

For those looking to travel throughout the Pittsburgh area during ReplayFX and are concerned about costs or additional logistics, my suggestion is to rent a bicycle. Once on a bike, you are free to explore the many beautiful miles or prime riverfront trails that we have in the once smokey city of Pittsburgh. You can find some fine neighborhoods to enjoy only a few miles from downtown without ever climbing any hills.
    The number of people here that might actually do this may only be a fraction(or even a fraction of a fraction) of a percent, but I can guarantee them that it's the way to go.

good call thanks!

1 week later
    #67 5 years ago

I am curious how the ifpa points are going to be allocated for 700 people, so will last place this time get 0.0001 points? (I looked at the ifpa faq with the math, too complex for me lol). TVA, TGP's oh my. hmmmm crazy math.

#68 5 years ago

Judging from last year's 400 people last place will get 0.03 or a little lower: http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournament.php?t=60&e=&d=2014-03-30#results

#69 5 years ago

lets just not get last and not worry about it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.95
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 279.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 19.95
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 30.00
    Lighting - Other
    Pin Monk
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 17.50
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 254.99
    $ 16.50
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside