Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 165 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MattG
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dre.jpg
    EMs_house.PNG
    image.jpg
    There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Video is no longer public?

Yeah, what happened?

#152 10 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

Yeah, what happened?

Yeah me too. Didnt watch the video yet. I like Eminem...some of the stuff he raps about is just plain ridiculously funny to me. Maybe the video is private because some record label bitched about copyright infringement Of the music content?

#153 10 years ago

probably pulled it down to work on it some more.

#154 10 years ago

looking foward to seeing it. Hope it gets put back up

#155 10 years ago

I only had time to watch half of it!

#156 10 years ago

Password?

#157 10 years ago

Eminem was pissed!

#158 10 years ago

Needs a password. I tried "Pinside". Didn't work.

#159 10 years ago

yes, need a password or can it be made to public

1 month later
    #160 10 years ago

Absolutely stellar! Thank you for sharing!

#161 10 years ago

Good video, didnt like the music. Also got tired of them talking about drinking for what felt like the first half of the program. I mean it was clear they were in bars, it was clear they were drinking, they didnt have to say it over and over. The time could have been used better imo. The lucas thing was a bit too much, kind of spoiled the documentary feel for me.

I find the reactions to be way more interesting. Especially the ones regarding special when lit.

Just like swl makes pinball look like a bunch of nerds, this one acts like they dont exist at all. Instead opting to include only hip young kids who like to drink and fifty year olds recapturing their youth.

I would love to see a pinball doc that shows both worlds. That focuses on shows, collectors and locations across the country, not just new york.

It was a great example of what pinball is like for hip new yorkers, but not really representative of the hobby at large.

#162 10 years ago
    Quoted from MattG:

Good video, didnt like the music. Also got tired of them talking about drinking for what felt like the first half of the program. I mean it was clear they were in bars, it was clear they were drinking, they didnt have to say it over and over.

I thought pinball is about drinking??

#163 10 years ago

NY hipsters...

And I like rap, but holy crap was the music in the doc totally off-base and cheesy. Decent vid though outside of those two things.

#164 10 years ago
    Quoted from MattG:

Good video, didnt like the music. Also got tired of them talking about drinking for what felt like the first half of the program. I mean it was clear they were in bars, it was clear they were drinking, they didnt have to say it over and over. The time could have been used better imo. The lucas thing was a bit too much, kind of spoiled the documentary feel for me.
    I find the reactions to be way more interesting. Especially the ones regarding special when lit.
    Just like swl makes pinball look like a bunch of nerds, this one acts like they dont exist at all. Instead opting to include only hip young kids who like to drink and fifty year olds recapturing their youth.
    I would love to see a pinball doc that shows both worlds. That focuses on shows, collectors and locations across the country, not just new york.
    It was a great example of what pinball is like for hip new yorkers, but not really representative of the hobby at large.

Well, this was presented as a film about NYC's current pinball scene, not the state of the pinball industry/hobby. The people in it aren't "hip" New Yorkers, but just the variety of regular people who are into pinball here---maybe that says more about the "un-hipness" of people where you live? And we fifty-year-olds don't recapture our youth--we just continue to live it.

#165 10 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Well, this was presented as a film about NYC's current pinball scene, not the state of the pinball industry/hobby. The people in it aren't "hip" New Yorkers, but just the variety of regular people who are into pinball here---maybe that says more about the "un-hipness" of people where you live? And we fifty-year-olds don't recapture our youth--we just continue to live it.

I understood that it was about the New York Pinball scene, not the industry as a whole. I was simply saying what I personally would like to see in a pinball documentary. I think the creator of the video is certainly skilled enough to make something like that and would love to see it if he did.

I also wasn't using the word hip just to toss the word around and it wasn't an insult, it was an observation. Heck, the guy describing the scene in NYC describes the setting as "Hip, cool bars" at around 2:30 and continues to say, "here in New York the games appeal to a younger, hipper audience." He continues only moments later describing them very clearly as "hipsters." That being said, I think it is only fair to describe them as they were portrayed.

As far as the people who play where I live, I wouldn't call them hip. I wouldn't really call them anything except pinheads or enthusiasts, as our only real common thread is pinball. I thank my lucky stars that I live in an area that has such a great variety of pinball locations and players.

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replay-documentary-now-on-vimeo/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.