Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 165 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MattG
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dre.jpg
    EMs_house.PNG
    image.jpg
    There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 10 years ago

Matt Lenz, a player in pinball NYC's league, put together this awesome documentary called "Replay".

I personally don't remember saying any of these things, but apparently I did..

http://vimeo.com/m/74438437

#2 10 years ago

It's not working or I need to join. Not sure.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks! Couldn't copy paste that from my phone for some reason..

#5 10 years ago

That one works. Though I saw this in the "deleted" thread. I was just letting the OP know his link wasn't working.

#6 10 years ago

Very well done!
    Thanks for posting the link

#7 10 years ago

Wow! Great film! This turned out way better than I expected. Gotta buy Matt a beer next time I see him.

#8 10 years ago

++++1

Excellent! Enjoyed watching.

#9 10 years ago

Nicely done!...except for the profanity laced opening title song

#10 10 years ago

Pretty good, but I definitely could of done without the Eminem songs, they didn't belong at all. It was also a bit too "NYC"-centric for my tastes.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

I think I'm experiencing deja vu....

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I think I'm experiencing deja vu....

Yep, wham, just like that, all over again.

#13 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed it a lot! I love the pinball on the TV!

#14 10 years ago

Great documentary. Thanks for the link!!! This is worth the 25 minutes gang.

#15 10 years ago

Nice, but yeah.. that rap music at the beginning. What's up with that?

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I thought it was appropriate . . . kind of a come back from the depths of destruction theme. If they wanted Eminem though perhaps they should have considered that theme song from 8 Mile, would have had the same effect but is slightly less profane.

#17 10 years ago

Great film.

#18 10 years ago

I suppose if you look at it as a "come back from the depths of destruction theme" it makes sense. I do think something less profane would have been good however. Still, real cool video and great to see pinball on the rebound!

#19 10 years ago

Very nice!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

Hey, I heard that somewhere before....

It IS a good documentary, minus the profanity. As a result of the language, my nephew cant watch it (well, at least I won't let him) and he loves pinball and pinball history.

Chris

#21 10 years ago

I have no problem with the profanity laced beginning, just the horrible fucking music opening

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

i would highly suggest putting comments on the vimeo page. matt is prob open to criticism but isn't on pinside.

-jon

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Some of us don't experience ear bleeding when exposed to rap. Maybe have a doctor look at that?

#24 10 years ago

I liked it. Doesn't make pinballers look like total weirdos.....

Chris

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Some of us don't experience ear bleeding when exposed to rap.

I hear ya, but that song just isn't cutting it (IMO of course). Opening has really nice AE or whatever animation, but that song seems to be bringing it down. The rest is standard pinball vid fare.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Some of us don't experience ear bleeding when exposed to rap. Maybe have a doctor look at that?

Hmmm I didn't experience any bleeding, maybe because I don't mind rap, but as far as the profanity, it has it's place and imho a documentary on pinball isn't that place. But hey that's just me and my 2 credits.

#27 10 years ago

I went and did some housework and that song was stuck in my head...so maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought

#28 10 years ago

Thanks! Always fun to watch another pinball video.

#29 10 years ago

Cool, nicely done!

#30 10 years ago

I'd actually prefer to not have the profanity just so I don't have to turn down a pinball documentary when my kids are around. But I like to harass the rap haters, so there's that.

#31 10 years ago

That was great, I really enjoyed watching that. Nice to see the younger hipsters socializing and playing pins, much better than geeks in their garage

Thanks for sharing.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'd actually prefer to not have the profanity just so I don't have to turn down a pinball documentary when my kids are around. But I like to harass the rap haters, so there's that.

I'm not a rap hater. I thought it just felt out of place at the beginning of the video, especially with the profanities, that's all.

#33 10 years ago

i'm pretty sure he's still editing it. anyone with an opinion, which it seems there are many, it would be to his benefit for you to post in the comments on the video.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

That was great, I really enjoyed watching that. Nice to see the younger hipsters socializing and playing pins, much better than geeks in their garage
    Thanks for sharing.

Actually those hipsters made me cringe. Anyone but hipsters! Ugh.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

Actually those hipsters made me cringe. Anyone but hipsters! Ugh.

Watch Special When Lit and get back with us on that thought....

Chris

#36 10 years ago

yeah not really digging the theme song, kind of detracts from the maturity of the video

#37 10 years ago

Loved the documentary, but I just didn't think the theme song fit at all. The song really takes away from the overall experience of watching the show. Bad that it's one of the first and last things you hear. Great job other than that though.

#38 10 years ago

i'll be sure to point out the comments to him. thanks guys, especially since i agree. doesn't fit.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

i'll be sure to point out the comments to him. thanks guys, especially since i agree. doesn't fit.

Left a comment for him.

#40 10 years ago

Loved it. Thanks for not making it look like a complete sausage fest.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Loved it. Thanks for not making it look like a complete sausage fest.

ha! the great part is that's really what the scene looks like in NYC.

#42 10 years ago

The STL pinball scene consists mostly of old retirees, yuppies & a few hipsters.

Wonder why Hipsters dress like Napoleon Dynamite?

Quoted from bigehrl:

ha! the great part is that's really what the scene looks like in NYC.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Wonder why Hipsters dress like Napoleon Dynamite?

Ha! I can't explain that one. I can only be responsible for the pinball

#44 10 years ago

Was hoping to enjoy this......but with the disgusting language in the opening song,
    I had to stop it..

#45 10 years ago

I have to admit the music just doesn't belong

Hell some generic dub step should work

FYI all dub step is generic lol

#46 10 years ago

Profanity, violence, and buying liquor on Sunday doesn't bother me, but I can see how the music might not sit well with some folks. Still, a good positive documentary about a pretty cool NY scene.

#47 10 years ago

Great video!!!

#48 10 years ago

Cool Vid! Thanks for posting!!!!

Quoted from PW79:

I have to admit the music just doesn't belong

Having a current rapper of today (Eminem) with the most popular 80's rappers (Dr. Dre) that is producing and still out there is perfect.
    It represents the old being re-presented to the youth of today.

I'm biased, because I grew up liking rap as a kid in the 80's, not for everyone, obviously.

How many rock songs did something like old 'n new together resently?

#49 10 years ago

Cool Vid! Thanks for posting!!!!

Having a current rapper of today (Eminem) with the most popular 80's rappers (Dr. Dre) that is producing and still out there is perfect.
    It represents the old being re-presented to the youth of today.
    I'm biased, because I grew up liking rap as a kid in the 80's, not for everyone, obviously.
    How many rock songs did something like old 'n new together resently?

In the 90's I listened to rap, ate ecstacy & dated strippers.

Yet that song still sucks to me & represents a lot of suck

Most rap is fake, like WWF. Remember when 2pac was with Digital Underground? Remember when Dre wore makeup & sweaters! Collio has a cooking show now FTW!

Studio gangsters lol

Sprinkle a shit, F bomb, couple slurs & BAM you have post 1991 rap!

Damn look @ Dre, such a bad M'r F'r eh?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#50 10 years ago

Great video. Especially the big F. Y. to George Lucas. Awesome.

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replay-documentary-now-on-vimeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.