5FCA0E77-1E60-4842-97BF-919E50FFD97E (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 3.46.55 PM (resized).png
IMG_1527 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.05.48 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.05.14 PM (resized).png
IMG_0162SB (resized).jpg
WAVTriggerBeautyKDS (resized).jpg
WAVTriggerBeauty (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 3 years ago

when you do this, remove the playfield fuse!!! for god's sake that should be a DUH moment. don't put this together and just turn it on!

after you see the PF controlled lights and score displays working, THEN with the game on, take the PF fuse and just put it across the playfield fuse holder "for a second". If the coils turn on, obviously there's still a problem! if they don't, then press the fuse into place and test the game.

now i don't know what dick did on the testing situation. Did he write test routines? like the original had?? i would hope so... Me i would run diagnostics before i tried a game...

#87 3 years ago

So Dick did you write test routines? that is, when you press the coin door test button, it runs tests like the original? if you didn't do that, you *need* to do that!

#89 3 years ago

Nice work on diagnostics!
I would make a couple changes to the diagnostics though. For the score display test after it goes through from 000000 to 999999, I would walk the digits right to left. And then after that’s done revert back to the normal 000000 to 999999 and repeat.

Good work on the diagnostics coil test and the ability to lock on a single driver. Also great idea on the switch test too

On the audits, I would make the slam tilt the Audit/adjustment clear. Watching you fumble through the double push was making me cry...

And on the adjustments why not use another score display with an English word descriptor? I know there aren’t a lot of segments but if you check out pascals work on the system 80 and system1 boards. he got pretty creative with spelling out words on a six digit numerical display

Oh and on the coil test another thing that two bit score implemented is kind of cool. In coil test if you press switch number one, it would fire coil number one three times. And he did this for the switches up to switch 19. The reason why this is cool is that a lot of us have the all tech diagnostic switch boards. And if you’re using that you just press switch number one and it fires coil number 1 three times. This way the Coil test isn’t quite so linear

#91 3 years ago

Andrew appears you are incorrect about this, or you misunderstood, or I didn’t explain it very well. See video below

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 169.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-the-m6800-in-a-stern-mpu100-with-an-arduino?tu=cfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.