5FCA0E77-1E60-4842-97BF-919E50FFD97E (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 3.46.55 PM (resized).png
IMG_1527 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.05.48 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.05.14 PM (resized).png
IMG_0162SB (resized).jpg
WAVTriggerBeautyKDS (resized).jpg
WAVTriggerBeauty (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 3 years ago

It looks like the 6800 is pulled right off those board so no need to halt it if it isn't there.

10 months later
#141 2 years ago
Quoted from keith20mm:

DickHamill, I posed a question in Solid State Tech, re: replacing MPU-200 with -17 Bally, received a NO answer, based upon processor speed and address mapping. That post didn't address my purpose, as I didn't state it, outright.
Since I received a "not so good" reply on using the weebly.nvram.com replacement board with the Arduino, and having a -17 board on hand, I wondered if I could place the Arduino onto a -17 and have the combo work in a Stern Meteor, considering that the Arduino has its own clock.
So.. will Arduino (on RoyGBe board, with wav trigger), on Bally -17 MPU board work for Stern Meteor, in place of MPU-200?

As long as you connect that extra jumper that comes with the RoyGBev board I would expect that the -17 board will work well. Actually may work better than on an MPU-200 at the moment.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from yemons:

I'm having issues getting the WAV Trigger working on my Stars. I'm using the RoyGBev board with the included WAV Trigger connector as shown in the pic. I can hit the test button on the WAV Trigger and it plays the first sound file, but I'm not getting sounds during gameplay. Here are the steps I took. Could someone see if I did something wrong or missed something?
- Went to the libraries folder and edited the wavTrigger.h file to comment out all of the serial #define lines
- In Arduino IDE I went to the library and added the #include <wavTrigger.h> line at the top of Stars2020
- Also commented out #define USE_CHIMES and then added the #define USE_WAV_TRIGGER

[quoted image]

Are you supposed to comment out the serial define lines? I think you need those to serially talk to the WAV trigger.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from yemons:

I believe per the instructions pdf that you are supposed to comment them out to make sure it uses the hardware serial port of the Arduino.

I'm used to the updated Meteor code and never had to touch those entries. Only had to tweak a field to specify what version of the Firmware is on the WAVtrigger. Maybe that is different for the other games it runs on.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from yemons:

I didn't do anything with the Firmware on the WAV Trigger. I wonder if I need to update that somehow. I also didn't have the WAV Trigger board connected to the Nano when I did the upload. Could that also cause issues?

Not having it connected shouldn't make any difference uploading the code to the NANO board. On the WAV trigger the only thing that needs to be done on all is to solder bridge a couple pads so it can be powered through that 6pin cable.

You may not need to update the Firmware on the WAVtrigger. It was optional for Meteor and I did it. There are two lines to configure what version of WAVtrigger firmware is in use. By default it was the older versions that ships on the boards. If you update the firmware then you uncomment the line for the 1.3x firmware and comment out the other. This is on Meteor so it is possible requirements are slightly different for other games.

1 week later
#155 2 years ago

It sounds like a power issue. If you aren't powering with an adapter then you need to have a 6-pin straight through cable to connect the WAV trigger. In order to power from the Nano board you need to solder bridge a connection on the WAV trigger so it will get power from the 6-pin cable instead. Done that on a couple now.

1 week later
#178 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Mad Props to Dick for coming out with such a really cool system!
I've been collaborating with him and some other developers and we've got a lot of good stuff in the works.
My first custom game using the tech will be Bally Paragon.
Here's a demo of my progress (an impromptu livestream I did the other day). I've now got the entire base game ruleset implemented in BSOS and will be working on custom sounds and additional features:

My plan is to develop several other customized game versions, including: Kings of Steel, Silverball Mania, Spectrum, Futurespa, Hot Doggin, Seawitch, Supersonic and some others.

Very cool. I am working on a version for Elektra but in very early stages.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

Sold my Elektra at 2017 Texas Pinball Festival, dang it! More $$ than I expected but still. Note to self: Do Not Sell Pins.

I've been planning this one for a while! Was originally going to update the 6800 code like I did on the BlackJack but working with the Arduino code is so much easier and opens up new things.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

Had a Black Jack long ago too. Have done a bit of 6800 code and I intend to try making a BSOS title if I ever have time. That's why I made the adapter PCB, to be sure I'd at least have a few for myself!
I may try to improve the irredeemable (or is it?) Stern Hot Hand. May have to cheat by adding suit-selection to the flipper buttons (there are a few spares in the switch matrix).

I had added a couple new tunes with the chimes, fixed a tilt bug, and updated the rules so if you landed in the dealer saucer when the dealer was winning you would lose points instead. Really changed that game.

As long as your upgrades are bolt on so they are reversible and basically ignored by the original ROM then go for it. I am going that direction with Elektra.

10 months later
#249 2 years ago
Quoted from DickHamill:

Sadly, the Mata Hari code was never finished. I didn't have one here, and it was too difficult to try to remotely program/debug. I hope to finish it in the future.

I have a friend with it in his machine and he can switch between the original and the current iteration of your Mata Hari code. Will help him load up the new code if there are updates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-the-m6800-in-a-stern-mpu100-with-an-arduino?tu=Robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.