Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dudah
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    P1050146 (resized).JPG
    P1050145 (resized).JPG
    P1050158 (resized).JPG
    bigtop1 (resized).jpg
    20180308_154302 (resized).jpg
    20180227_162953 (resized).jpg
    20180227_150701 (resized).jpg
    20180227_150719 (resized).jpg
    20180227_150938 (resized).jpg
    20180227_151032 (resized).jpg
    20180227_151633 (resized).jpg
    20180225_172337 (resized).jpg
    8b3fb55f-607b-4fa0-b74e-69a62c77933a (resized).jpg
    20180211_170102 (resized).jpg
    20180211_165833 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thepita007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

Looking at the schematic you should be able to use the existing 8 track harness to trigger the sounds.

hh.pnghh.png
    #15 9 years ago
    Quoted from HisboyElroy:

Thanks for posting that schematic!! I wasn't sure whether the 8-track harness passed voltage through those wires... I actually posted on Sparkfun's forum asking whether it was OK to pass voltage through the trigger switches and the reply I got said that normal operation for the board was just contact closure to ground. They warned against passing more than 5v to a trigger input. Maybe I'll coin-up a game and measure with a DMM? It would be much simpler than rigging-up leaf switches.

yes you would want to measure the voltage to see what is on that line.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from robertsonics:

Robertsonics here. The trigger inputs can be configured for contact closures - basically a switch or button to ground, or for logic level activation, which means 3.3V or 5V signals. Anything over 5V will likely damage the GPIO pin of the processor.
    Tracks can be looped using the serial control port, and I'm testing new firmware that supports looping from a trigger input. Keep an eye on my website (robertsonics.com) because I'm regularly pushing out new firmware.
    Let me know if you have questions about the WAV Trigger and I'll do my best to answer.

based upon the above schematic for the old 8 track player what do you think would be the best way to wire in the wav trigger. I believe the voltage line for each sound on the old 8 tracker player is either 12v or 24v. Don't have easy access to the game at the moment so hopefully the thread author can post the actual voltage.

I can send the complete schematic if necessary.

11 months later
    #35 8 years ago

I am working on a plug and play solution designed for haunted house but should work for others which use same pinout.

Stayed tuned for details

Thanks to HisboyElroy for sending me the converted audio files!

#37 8 years ago

mp3 trigger is not polyphonic (multiple tracks at same time) so likely wav trigger.

2 months later
    #40 8 years ago

soon still putting my game back together had issues with the horizontal witch motor but got that sorted now.

3 weeks later
    #42 8 years ago

Finally a update for everyone!

Please check out the following thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-em-rifle-modern-audio-replacement

1 year later
    #57 6 years ago

Very few people showed interest after trying to confirm not likely to happen unless someone wants to be a reseller.

3 years later
    #108 2 years ago

For those interested these are the pictures of the prototype board. I don't think it will ever get made as I sold the game and believe its in California now.

We used a wav trigger as it supported multiple tracks at same time. The breadboard is a power supply and isolation circuit for each track trigger. everything is rough in these pics as was prototype, we were planning on a plug and play solution. The copper board was roughly cut to fit original connector for 8 track player. So the board was designed for original harness of 120v and dropped it to 5v for wav trigger and isolated each input for voltage protection.

P1050145 (resized).JPGP1050145 (resized).JPGP1050146 (resized).JPGP1050146 (resized).JPGP1050158 (resized).JPGP1050158 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thepita007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-the-8-track-player-in-midway-haunted-house-with-a-sound-card?tu=thepita007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.