(Topic ID: 215113)

Fixing/Replacing Stern Spike & Spooky noisy PS fans (plugnplay shipping now)

By PinMonk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 640 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

new_packaging_2024 (resized).jpg
    wire removal RSP500-48-sml (resized).jpg
    Older_vs_2020_power_supply_goo_gone (resized).jpg
    RSP 500-48_temp_graph (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220402_202330966.jpg
    PXL_20220402_201936766.jpg
    20220402_085312_resized_1 (resized).jpg
    instruction-sample (resized).jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-23 um 06.08.04 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210712_201645 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Older_vs_2020_power_supply_goo_gone.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    Obstruction.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #54 Alternate Noctua DIY external fan approach Posted by D-Gottlieb (5 years ago)

Post #295 Alternate DIY non Noctua external fan solution Posted by John_I (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jefff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#304 4 years ago

Just wanted to thank the op for the information provided here! I picked up an Aerosmith Pro a couple weekends ago and it sounded like a jet turbine starting up when the fan kicked on. LOL.

Also, thank you for providing individual part numbers AND a complete kit. It's nice when people figure something out and SHARE what they know for both DIYers and non-DIYers.

Thanks again!

1 week later
    #322 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, there's no real secret for the Spooky/Alternate Front Fan Stern power supplies, either. Just like with the DIY I posted that started this thread, if people want to roll their own on this version, too, that's great. I'm just providing a finished kit that gives less-techy pinheads the right fan without having to crimp connectors on and with the correct length of wires protectively shrink wrapped. A solution for those that DON'T want DIY and just want to have a fan and some install instructions that they can install and enjoy with a minimum of hassle.
    [quoted image]

Your perspective of what you are providing is spot on. Thanks a TON for sharing how you are solving a problem and then being up front and totally honest on what you are providing as a solution. Your mark up, IMHO, is spot on also! You don't seem to be here to rape fellow hobbyist... it's a total breath of fresh air... again IMHO. Thanks again for sharing your info AND providing a non-DIY solution!

10 months later
    #505 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

USPS is unbelievably uneven now. Literally the worst by far in my lifetime. Cross country? Usually 3 days, but not always. but I have a few packages going from N CA to LA that should be 2 days that are taking 5-6 days. Had a package coming from Montana that is 10 days and counting. The new postmaster needs to be fired immediately before it gets worse. This is insanity.

I can relate. Ordered some Gorgar stickers and coin door plastics from a Pinside store 11 days ago. The person shipped them 9 days ago and still nothing. Seems stuck in New Jersey right now. And this was only coming from TX to NY!

Agreed on the new postmaster...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jefff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans?tu=jefff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.