(Topic ID: 215113)

Fixing/Replacing Stern Spike & Spooky noisy PS fans (plugnplay shipping now)

By PinMonk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 640 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

new_packaging_2024 (resized).jpg
    wire removal RSP500-48-sml (resized).jpg
    Older_vs_2020_power_supply_goo_gone (resized).jpg
    RSP 500-48_temp_graph (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220402_202330966.jpg
    PXL_20220402_201936766.jpg
    20220402_085312_resized_1 (resized).jpg
    instruction-sample (resized).jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-23 um 06.08.04 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210712_201645 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Older_vs_2020_power_supply_goo_gone.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    Obstruction.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 640 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from pickleric:

Impressive instructions! Did you draw all of those images? Looks great.

I did part of the images and had an artist do the ones that were more complex. It really needed something visual that reduced well (photos don't) to go into each fan kit. I was happy with the way they turned out.

Quoted from herg:

That's funny, I was just reading this thread, thinking I needed to do something in my AMH and TNA. I did already swap out using the fan suggested in the TNA thread, but both games (especially AMH) are still louder than I like. I used one of your kits for IMDN, and it makes a HUGE difference. I'd love to get those kind of results for my Spooky games.

I had no idea how LOUD those Spooky power supplies were since I hadn't heard one in a home environment before. But holy crap they are unacceptably loud. I didn't know people had already tried other fans. I'm hoping I can get one set up that will work for both early Spike1 with the front mounted fan and the Spooky in one, but I need to get the Spooky Meanwell power supply taken apart to check the actual connector since I'm just going off specs for the unit from the company, then I can get get the first test fan installed and start temperature testing over time.

#302 4 years ago

Houdini has a pretty loud fan in it that runs constantly. Not as loud as the Spike fans though. The loudest fan I ever had on a pin was WoZ. Between the fan and the buzzing on the speakers in time with the LEDs in attract mode, that thing was embarrassing.

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Houdini has a pretty loud fan in it that runs constantly. Not as loud as the Spike fans though. The loudest fan I ever had on a pin was WoZ. Between the fan and the buzzing on the speakers in time with the LEDs in attract mode, that thing was embarrassing.

WoZ had 5 fans (LCD, Case, ATX, switching power supply, CPU fan). That was the main problem. By replacing the LCD and cabinet case fans with noctua fans (I made a how-to thread on it https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quieting-down-a-woz-ecle-machine ) the sound was made WAY better.

Houdini with the added power supply is loud, but we're back to meanwell crappy fan choices.

Getting this replacement set up with the right connectors and thread cutting screws for Spooky and early or contract Stern Spike systems with the front-facing fans is looking pretty good. The fan is literally more than 10x quieter than the terrible stock fan.

#304 4 years ago

Just wanted to thank the op for the information provided here! I picked up an Aerosmith Pro a couple weekends ago and it sounded like a jet turbine starting up when the fan kicked on. LOL.

Also, thank you for providing individual part numbers AND a complete kit. It's nice when people figure something out and SHARE what they know for both DIYers and non-DIYers.

Thanks again!

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

Just wanted to thank the op for the information provided here! I picked up an Aerosmith Pro a couple weekends ago and it sounded like a jet turbine starting up when the fan kicked on. LOL.
    Also, thank you for providing individual part numbers AND a complete kit. It's nice when people figure something out and SHARE what they know for both DIYers and non-DIYers.
    Thanks again!

Glad I was able to help. This started as a DIY project and turned into a product for sale I never intended to make for others. But most people wanted something they could just plug in so that's where I went. At least now there's a way to quiet the fan. I can't imagine if there was no way to do it. It's OBNOXIOUS from the factory.

#306 4 years ago

Okay, so the first Spooky test fan is installed and testing underway.

Some notes:
    1> Meanwell is using Sunon fans in this giant power supply Spooky is using, but it's not their super-silence series - it's a regular ball bearing fan that cranks out a whopping 34.5dB. Crazy loud.
    2> It's not as easy of an install as the Spike fan replacement due to some weird wiring choices at the back of the cabinet by Spooky and some dumb engineering choices by Meanwell.
    3> This Meanwell power supply pushes air INTO the power supply, whereas the vertically mounted Spike fans pull air OUT of the power supply.
    4> The replacement fan is literally 10x quieter than the stock Meanwell Sunon fan (Model KD1206PTB1).
    5> Because it's a vapo bearing vs plain ball bearing, the replacement fan uses about 1/4 watt and .02amps to run, while the stock fan uses 1.8W and .15 amps to run - 7 times more power.

We're probably about 8 weeks away from having this plug and play Spooky/Front Mounted Spike fan available for purchase.

I've been working with a Rob Zombie for testing, but if any Spooky owners with America's Most Haunted, Alice Cooper, and TNA can verify what model meanwell power supply is in their machine, it would be helpful.

Thanks!

#307 4 years ago

Both my AMH and TNA have a SE-600-48. ...and I agree they're not nearly as easy to get to as the Stern ones. I'll gladly remove and disassemble them for a second time to get them quiet, though.
    20180503_204303 (resized).jpg20180503_204303 (resized).jpg

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Both my AMH and TNA have a SE-600-48. ...and I agree they're not nearly as easy to get to as the Stern ones. I'll gladly remove and disassemble them for a second time to get them quiet, though.
    [quoted image]

Thanks!

So that's the same model as in Rob Zombie. Only need confirmation of what's in Alice Cooper now. Because of the way the wire is routed it needs a much longer wire to the connector than the Spike kit, but since I'm having it done custom for the full order, that's not a problem, just a data point.

Once I make instructions for the Spooky kit (instead of me figuring installation out as I go on this first test), it's probably a 30 minute job. One of the dumb things is the Meanwell case screws need a #2 philips, but the bracket screws Spooky used on the power supply side of the brackets need a #1 philips, so there's lots of unnecessary back and forth, where if Spooky had just used #2 compatible screws, there would be none of that - everything would work well with a #2 philips, making it faster.

Why did you take the power supplies apart the first time?

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Why did you take the power supplies apart the first time?

To replace the fans. Per recommendations in the TNA thread, I used Vantec Stealth SF6025L. They are still loud enough that I know whether those games are on the moment I start down the stairs into the basement.

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

To replace the fans. Per recommendations in the TNA thread, I used Vantec Stealth SF6025L. They are still loud enough that I know whether those games are on the moment I start down the stairs into the basement.

Thanks for the model number!

Who was recommending that fan? It's a terrible choice. You have the reduced airflow (which I've proven is fine with long term temp testing since that's what the ones I use do), but you get almost NONE of the benefits of sound reduction since it's still a whopping 20dB with too much power draw. It's crazy. I can't find the life rating on it, but as a straight up ball bearing fan, I'd be shocked if it was over 40,000 hours, which is bad because unlike Sterns, the Spooky meanwell fans run all the time the machine is on. That's only like 4-5 years at a 24/7 location.

The one I'm testing now has slightly better airflow than the vantec, 1/4 the power draw of that one, and only 10.7 dB. That's almost 10x less loudness and about 4x less perceived volume than the vantec. It's roughly the same as the quiet plug n play stern fan kit.

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Who was recommending that fan?

I'll refrain from posting a name. You can easily search and find it if you want. It was mostly my fault for not checking the specs and just blindly using what someone else posted.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I'll refrain from posting a name. You can easily search and find it if you want. It was mostly my fault for not checking the specs and just blindly using what someone else posted.

Haha, I don't want to name and shame. It was more a rhetorical "What kind of person would do this?" kind of question.

Since you replaced the fan twice already, did you find a way to get the old fan out and the new fan in with that metal lip on top WITHOUT unscrewing and shifting the circuit board away from the fan so it could be slid out from under the lip then up and out? It's a hassle, but I don't see any way around it...

Here's the stock fan stuck under metal lip with circuit board jammed against it.

fan-out-with-lip (resized).jpgfan-out-with-lip (resized).jpg

And then with the circuit board unscrewed and shifted down to allow for fan to be removed.

fan-out (resized).jpgfan-out (resized).jpg

#313 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Since you replaced the fan twice already, did you find a way to get the old fan out and the new fan in with that metal lip on top WITHOUT unscrewing and shifting the circuit board away from the fan so it could be slid out from under the lip then up and out?

No, I didn't. It really wasn't that big of a deal once I accepted that was the only way to do it. It was a bit of an aggravation, but it went much faster on the second one once I knew to expect it.

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

No, I didn't. It really wasn't that big of a deal once I accepted that was the only way to do it. It was a bit of an aggravation, but it went much faster on the second one once I knew to expect it.

Yeah, it's not hard, just an irritating engineering fail that involves lots of tiny screws and will make it a little harder/more annoying for a novice. Not as hard as without illustrated instructions, but a bit harder. If only Meanwell had thought about the construction a smidge more...

#315 4 years ago

Confirmed, ACNC (#48) has the same PS:

SE-600-48

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from dnaman:

Confirmed, ACNC (#48) has the same PS:
    SE-600-48

Awesome, thank for you for confirming!

#318 4 years ago

I bought and installed (in my Spooky games) a couple of fans that match the specs PinMonk mentioned above. I'll leave it up to him to post a part number if he wants to.

I also installed a thermocouple on the heat sink while I was in there so that I could monitor it. I let the game sit in attract for hours and played multiple games, and I never saw it go over 27C. It was only about a 5C rise, so I'd agree that these fans are certainly up to the task.

They are also VERY quiet. I can still barely hear them with the game all closed up, but the speaker noise in attract mode on AMH is a good deal more noticable.

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I bought and installed (in my Spooky games) a couple of fans that match the specs vireland mentioned above. I'll leave it up to him to post a part number if he wants to.
    I also installed a thermocouple on the heat sink while I was in there so that I could monitor it. I let the game sit in attract for hours and played multiple games, and I never saw it go over 27C. It was only about a 5C rise, so I'd agree that these fans are certainly up to the task.
    They are also VERY quiet. I can still barely hear them with the game all closed up, but the speaker noise in attract mode on AMH is a good deal more noticable.

Oh, there's no real secret for the Spooky/Alternate Front Fan Stern power supplies, either. Just like with the DIY I posted that started this thread, if people want to roll their own on this version, too, that's great. I'm just providing a finished kit that gives less-techy pinheads the right fan without having to crimp connectors on and with the correct length of wires protectively shrink wrapped. A solution for those that DON'T want DIY and just want to have a fan and some install instructions that they can install and enjoy with a minimum of hassle.

This is the fan I'm testing now - it's an actual production sample with the correct wire length and connector. But you should be able to buy a naked one with no connector and roll your own from the usual suspects.
    spooky-fan-small (resized).jpgspooky-fan-small (resized).jpg

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the fan I'm testing now

Yep, that's the same one I bought, and it's working great for me so far. Thanks.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, there's no real secret for the Spooky/Alternate Front Fan Stern power supplies, either.

I didn't think there would be, but I also didn't want to be the jerk that took your work and posted the info.

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Yep, that's the same one I bought, and it's working great for me so far. Thanks.

Fun fact, the -10000 part number one is the European version that most places seem to have at US parts places. The actual one intended for North America is very uncommon for some reason.

#322 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, there's no real secret for the Spooky/Alternate Front Fan Stern power supplies, either. Just like with the DIY I posted that started this thread, if people want to roll their own on this version, too, that's great. I'm just providing a finished kit that gives less-techy pinheads the right fan without having to crimp connectors on and with the correct length of wires protectively shrink wrapped. A solution for those that DON'T want DIY and just want to have a fan and some install instructions that they can install and enjoy with a minimum of hassle.
    [quoted image]

Your perspective of what you are providing is spot on. Thanks a TON for sharing how you are solving a problem and then being up front and totally honest on what you are providing as a solution. Your mark up, IMHO, is spot on also! You don't seem to be here to rape fellow hobbyist... it's a total breath of fresh air... again IMHO. Thanks again for sharing your info AND providing a non-DIY solution!

#323 4 years ago

Thank you for doing this. I love my AMH, but the loud fan is very annoying. Once you have this all sorted out, you can count me in as a customer!

#324 4 years ago

I'll def take a plug and play one for TNA.

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Thank you for doing this. I love my AMH, but the loud fan is very annoying. Once you have this all sorted out, you can count me in as a customer!

Will do. It looks like we're about 6 weeks out now. I have to get the final factory sample I just got in and complete thermal tests on it and then they will start making them.

1 week later
    #326 4 years ago

The plug n play fan kits through the pinmonk store and on pinmonk.com are out for a couple weeks. I thought I had ordered more far enough in advance of running out (lead time is long-ish), but orders have been steadily increasing and I ran out before the next ones came in. So I have no more for a couple weeks, but as of right now, pinballlife.com still has some stock, so if you need one right away you can get it there.

1 week later
    #327 4 years ago

Pinball life is out of stock too now. So no more plug and play quiet fan kits for another week or two until more show up from the factory.

#328 4 years ago

Installed mine tonight,,,, FANTASTIC kit Vic!!!

Keeps the factory looks and is whisper quite.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Thanks for the props! People have no idea how big of a difference it makes until they try one. It's not uncommon to have someone buy one, then come back 2 weeks later and buy 4 or 5 to do the rest of their Spike machines.

The spooky power supply is even MORE obnoxious, if you can believe that. It's also ALWAYS ON (no thermal switch). Relief is on the way for those machines too now, though. I think the factory samples I have now are the final ones before manufacture.

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Absolutely! Did my KISS and BM66 with these quiet fans and WOW what a difference! Thanks PinMonk for an awesome mod.

#331 4 years ago

Next fan order arrived, so Spike plug n play quiet fan kits are back in stock for pin monk here and on pinmonk.com. Pinball life will be restocked and should have them the middle of next week.

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Next fan order arrived, so Spike plug n play quiet fan kits are back in stock for pin monk here and on pinmonk.com. Pinball life will be restocked and should have them the middle of next week.

So glad I found this thread.

I cant seem to find it on your site...

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

So glad I found this thread.
    I cant seem to find it on your site...

If you're talking about the spike quiet fan kit pinmonk.com, just pick any of the spike games (deadpool, ghostbusters, munsters, etc) and the fan is listed as one of the options for it.

If you're talking about the spooky/early spike fan (the front-mounted fans), that kit isn't available yet. Probably another 3-4 weeks for the factory to make them.

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're talking about the spike quiet fan kit pinmonk.com, just pick any of the spike games (deadpool, ghostbusters, munsters, etc) and the fan is listed as one of the options for it.
    If you're talking about the spooky/early spike fan (the front-mounted fans), that kit isn't available yet. Probably another 3-4 weeks for the factory to make them.

I just got my JP and the fan is so loud as its just off the living room and we hear it go off every few minutes. This is a great find.

I m not handy at all so this one plug is a wonderful find.

Thanks so much.

#335 4 years ago

I just got my JP and the fan is so loud as its just off the living room and we hear it go off every few minutes. This is a great find.
    I m not handy at all so this one plug is a wonderful find.
    Thanks so much.

No problem. You will be AMAZED at the difference.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

No problem. You will be AMAZED at the difference.

Ordering now on pinside.

#337 4 years ago

I used your site to order....thanks again.

1 week later
    #338 4 years ago

We are going to install it tonight and follow the instruction on page 1 .

#339 4 years ago

We are going to install it tonight and follow the instruction on page 1 .

I think the printed instructions that come with it are more concise, but your choice, both work.

For those waiting on the Pro front-facing fan and Spooky power supply replacement fan (it's the same fan for both), thermal testing should be done this week. I have factory samples already, so it's probably about a month out. I'll probably make a separate thread to gauge interest so I know how many to order.

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the printed instructions that come with it are more concise, but your choice, both work.
    For those waiting on the Pro front-facing fan and Spooky power supply replacement fan (it's the same fan for both), thermal testing should be done this week. I have factory samples already, so it's probably about a month out. I'll probably make a separate thread to gauge interest so I know how many to order.

Ahhh cool.....okay thanks.

#341 4 years ago

Okay, some update news on the Stern Pro/Spooky larger fan now that I have a bunch of real-world min/max temp testing done.

I was surprised to learn that the Spooky Meanwell power supply SE-600-48 with the 34.5dB fan begins throttling load much sooner than the RSP-500-48 in the Sterns. The Sterns will run to 122F before it throttles load to 90% and the fan kicks on to bring the temp down. The SE-600-48 Meanwell power supply in the Spooky (and Multimorphic) despite being physically gigantic compared to the Stern power supply and the fan running all the time with no thermal switch begins throttling the load to 90% at only 104F. That's really low. Really. Low.

The lower temp specs also mean that the SE-600-48 Spooky/Multimorphic has a much lower upper thermal safety cutoff (140F) than the RSP-500-48 Stern power supplies which don't cut off until 158F.

So, pre-real-world-temp testing I was concerned about replacing the stock fan with a lower CFM fan to kill like 80% of the noise of the stock fan. But the initial thermal testing in a warmish room with the game closed up shows that there's only about 11 degrees of difference between the cabinet temp and the inside of the power supply at its warmest. And, there's about 17 degrees of buffer before the 104F 90% load throttle barrier. That seems acceptable. However, I can't know how much load Spooky and Multimorphic design their games to use with maximum features running at the same time, but I would be shocked if their designs exceeded 80% power supply load (which in Spooky/Multimorphic's case doesn't begin throttling to until 122F is hit). So, even if the room is mildly hot, I'm confident this fan will be fine.

I have some more testing to do (probably some other Pinsider guinea pigs), but this is moving forward well, so I think we're going to have a plug n play solution for the Spooky jet engine power supplies in addition to the front-facing fan Stern power supplies (SPV-300-48) I was originally trying to add coverage for.

#342 4 years ago

Sweet, I definitely want one for my TNA, the fan noise is ridiculously loud

#343 4 years ago

I sometimes like to leave my machines running while I chill watching Twitch, but couldn't do that with the stock power supplies on the new Sterns. Just ordered 3 of the kits, put two in my Elvira and Black Knight, now all nice and quiet. Side bonus, I can now use the new Sterns when filming, wasn't possible before because of the howling power supplies. Thanks for making these, they really are a must have!

IMG_20191102_145305 (resized).jpgIMG_20191102_145305 (resized).jpg
    #344 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I sometimes like to leave my machines running while I chill watching Twitch, but couldn't do that with the stock power supplies on the new Sterns. Just ordered 3 of the kits, put two in my Elvira and Black Knight, now all nice and quiet. Side bonus, I can now use the new Sterns when filming, wasn't possible before because of the howling power supplies. Thanks for making these, they really are a must have![quoted image]

Thanks for the compliment! Nice to get real-world feedback, especially from multi-pin Stern customers.

Someday...MAYBE Stern/Gomez/whoever will wake up and request Meanwell put these in their 300W and 500W power supplies from the China factory (which Meanwell has said they're willing to do for volume customers), but until then I'll continue to offer these plug and play kits, and instructions for rolling your own with part numbers is at the beginning of the thread for those that want to go that route. The stock Stern meanwell fans are just flat-out unacceptable for home use.

#345 4 years ago

I have been very remiss in adding my big thanks and appreciation for PinMonk's kit as well which I installed many months ago.

I did the entire switch out on my BKSOR in 20 minutes - 10 minutes of which was just being extra careful clearing enough of the goo holding the original fan connector wire in place.

Don't let the instructions intimidate you at all - they are just very detailed, well-written and clear. Do one "panel" of the instructions at a time; it goes way faster than it reads.

After installing it, my Black Knight has never again sounded like he's periodically blow-drying his hair, vacuuming, and leaving on his private Boeing 747.

#346 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

I have been very remiss in adding my big thanks and appreciation for PinMonk's kit as well which I installed many months ago.
    I did the entire switch out on my BKSOR in 20 minutes - 10 minutes of which was just being extra careful clearing enough of the goo holding the original fan connector wire in place.
    Don't let the instructions intimidate you at all - they are just very detailed, well-written and clear. Do one "panel" of the instructions at a time; it goes way faster than it reads.

Yeah, I "over-wrote" the instructions so it's very clear with lots of illustrations documenting each step, but the actual amount of work is less than it looks like from looking at the instructions.

Quoted from TheRudyB:

After installing it, my Black Knight has never again sounded like he's periodically blow-drying his hair, vacuuming, and leaving on his private Boeing 747.

Awesome! Glad we're quieting these down, one machine at a time.

#347 4 years ago

I only saw one post in the thread about the fan working in The Beatles, but apparently it does? I went to pinmonk.com, site but did not see them listed. Are you out of stock? Where else could I get one, or can I get on a waiting list?

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Hunter:

I only saw one post in the thread about the fan working in The Beatles, but apparently it does? I went to pinmonk.com, site but did not see them listed. Are you out of stock? Where else could I get one, or can I get on a waiting list?

I don't think it works in beatles, although Stern has been known to substitute the 500W power supply for the 300W if they're out of stock to keep the line working, so anything's possible.

If the fan is on the front of the power supply, that's the 300W version that is not compatible. I'm working on one for those power supplies, but thermal testing with the production samples isn't quite done yet.

#349 4 years ago

Thank you so much for making these!! I have 6 Stern Spike 2 games. Once I addded the last 4 my game room was super noisy with usually two to three fans going off at the same time. I was a little nervous about the install because I didn’t want to mess up my power supply so I put it off until all six pins were here, but the directions are awesome and super clear and it is very easy. Once I got the first one done I knew I’d get through the rest with no issues. I installed all 6 in 2 1/2 hours which included the waiting time for the paper towel test. Now my pinroom is quiet when not in use I totally love it!! 1,000 percent better. Why Stern just doesn’t change the fans they use when they know everyone hates the noise is beyond me. They have a lot of spending power and I read that their supplier in China would replace the fans if they asked them to.

#350 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamerRick:

Thank you so much for making these!! I have 6 Stern Spike 2 games. Once I addded the last 4 my game room was super noisy with usually two to three fans going off at the same time. I was a little nervous about the install because I didn’t want to mess up my power supply so I put it off until all six pins were here, but the directions are awesome and super clear and it is very easy. Once I got the first one done I knew I’d get through the rest with no issues. I installed all 6 in 2 1/2 hours which included the waiting time for the paper towel test. Now my pinroom is quiet when not in use I totally love it!! 1,000 percent better.

Awesome to hear that you were able to get them all done. The instructions are kind of long-looking, but actually, they're just over-written to make each step very clear and illustrated so almost anyone can do it by following them carefully.

Quoted from GamerRick:

Why Stern just doesn’t change the fans they use when they know everyone hates the noise is beyond me. They have a lot of spending power and I read that their supplier in China would replace the fans if they asked them to.

I keep saying it, but I have zero idea why Stern doesn't just ask Meanwell engineering to make this change for both power supply types they buy (300W and 500W), especially since Meanwell engineering has said they're open to it. Lazy? 25 cent per unit cost increase compared to the aircraft engine fan they use now? No idea. But we can all hope.

There are 640 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.