• Latest reply 9 years ago by kbliznick
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

As per my comment in my ACDC thread...

-----
Jimmyd044 said:
I don't like the lower PF. I would rather have a AC/DC pro premium hybrid. Lose the lower PF on the premium and add some better art and drop targets to the pro.
-----

Is it really no big deal to swap out the stand ups for drop targets?

The drops are one thing that I really like about the Prem over the Pro. This would definitely have some sway over my choice.

Thanks in advance

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Is it really no big deal to swap out the stand ups for drop targets?

Might be. Will the software support it ? Can premium software even be loaded into a pro ?

Then you still need a drop target bank complete with targets and coil to reset them.

If it were easy, people would probably already be doing it.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Thats what made me question this 'easy' fix, because ive never heard heard of anyone doing that yet. If it was a matter of simply dropping in some new mechs, then Id swap all the targets on my SM too. I love me some drops.

#4 9 years ago

Doesn't the premium have stand up targets behind the drop targets? In order to have that setup on the pro wouldn't you have to cut out large openings on the playfield for them? This is assuming the software could support raising the drop targets as necessary.

#5 9 years ago

Only the TNT drops have a single stand up behind it. The ACDC do not.

#6 9 years ago

Drop Targets are easy, getting them to stand back up is the problem.

#7 9 years ago

I doubt the premium/LE software would run on a Pro due to the color changing inserts. In the lamp test for the premium/LE the color changing inserts are run in a different section all together via an aux board. I think that is the biggest show stopper. If it was just drop targets I'm sure you could mod something up that would work on a pro. Just wouldn't work in the same fashion as the prem/LE though.

Just thinking aloud and probably oversimplifying things A LOT - Seems as though you could put a drop mech in the pro with some re-engineering. Would have to move the switch to where it is triggered when the target is dropped. The catch is having them raised back up. Thought around that would be to have the coil tied into something that raises all the targets back up. Something like a switch matrix via 12 volt source. each switch completes a ground so if all 5 are down the ground is completed and the solenoid activates raising the bank and thus opening back up the switch matrix for the ground. the game play problem here would be if only a couple of targets are dropped and a canon shot is activated, you may have targets down that you need to hit thus making the shot worthless. Could potentially tie another solenoid into the drop bank to raise the whole thing though (have it activate with the trigger in the canon that recognize the ball via a relay) but at this point I think it's more work than the reward if the above even works.

#8 9 years ago

This is a better idea than replacing drop targets with stand-ups. Like when Williams did this this on Fire Power.

#9 9 years ago

Someone was working on this on a tron pro and sort of got it working, but still had issues with 2 player games and in between balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stand-up-targets-with-drop-targets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.