Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Bohdi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I just bought a plastics kit from Marco's specialties for my EATPM machine. I'm kind of intimidated on where to start and what to do. This is my first pin and I'm finding that there is certainly a learning curve. The machine still plays great I just want to keep it in good shape.

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

Choose sections/quadrants and start disassembling stuff.

This is an excellent time to clean everything thoroughly, replace bulbs, basically a light shop job.

Take some pics, and go slowly.

You may have to cut off mounting hardware that is riveted and use short screws and nuts to mount some of the new plastics.

This is a good chance to get everything sparkling and nice.

RussMyers

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for your help, i realized i was an idiot and meant rubber ring kit not plastics. I'm still getting used to the lingo. The rings are pretty dirty and I'm worried about lossing elasticity. The schematic is intimidating for a newbie like me.

#4 10 years ago

Sometimes you have to take a couple of "layers" of things off to get at what you want like rings and bulbs. Don't rely on your memory, take pictures and even video so that you can see AND hear yourself as you describe and point at how many things and what order you'll be taking things off. Nice video has always helped me "remember" how things came apart and in what order many weeks down the road of when I started the tear down. Hope this helps. I have the game and she's a lot of fun and always gets a ton of play at parties.

And get a big magnetic tray for all the nuts, bolts and other parts to hold what your taking off. These things tend to roll around and get "lost" all the time and a good magnetic phillips screwdriver and nut driver set REALLY comes in handy ALL the time.

#5 10 years ago

These guys have nailed it: take your time and take an excessive amount of pictures.

When I first tore down my Pinbot to change out its crusty rubbers I was a bit intimidated, but having the manual and a shload of pics gave me all the confidence I needed to get through the job. After that, subsequent teardowns have been a breeze. You sure learn a lot in a hurry with this hobby!

#6 10 years ago

And if you get stuck, there is no shortage of people with the game that will help you out with pics and and questions.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks, thats great advice.

#8 10 years ago

Take lots of pictures, and what I usually do, depending on how much I tear it down, take your playfield glass and put a towel on top, place it next to the pin on a table or something somewhat close in height and lay your parts out after removal in the same position on the glass as they were on the playfield. Sometimes even put little notes next to parts as to where they go etc.. On my 1st complete teardown, I made a list of every plastic, ramp, sets of posts etc as I went, then reversed it when it was time to reassemble. Really helped out on the 1st shop job. Clean EVERYTHING. Do it right now and save time later. Good luck

#9 10 years ago

Have you thought about doing leds?

#10 10 years ago

The Guy I bought it from put in an LED kit. It looks great. I love this machine.

#11 10 years ago

How bout some pics? Always nice to see some other EATPM's

3 weeks later
#12 10 years ago

On a related topic, I'm about to start replacing rings on my pins. Do you guys 'treat', wash or clean the rings from these providers in an way before throwing them in the machine?

Would I be missing something if I just start pulling them out of the bag and throwing them on?

#13 10 years ago

I wipe them off a bit. The white ones seem a bit chalky sometimes. Otherwise I just put them on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 69.99
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 70.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-plastics-on-an-eatpm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.