Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

One of my pins has a scratched glass top and I'd like to replace it. It measures 21" x 43", which is the same dimension as my other pin, so I guess that's pretty standard for that era. Anyway, aside from the size of the glass, is there any other characteristic I should ask for from the window shop in town. I'm planning on bringing the current glass in to the shop so they can see it and determine the thickness.

Will any type of glass do?

#2 6 months ago

Make sure it's tempered glass. You don't want to be sliced to pieces if it breaks.

Edit: tempered glass also is less likely to break if the ball hits it.

#3 6 months ago

Glass is overrated. My scores are much better without it.

#4 6 months ago

When you buy tempered glass the shop automatically burns in a white logo on the edge of the glass.

Make sure you tell the glass shop that you do not want a logo on your glass.

Get it in writing that there will be no logo. Otherwise, if the shop does not follow directions you will be stuck.

For most pins the standard thickness is 3/16”. Some, very few, are 1/4”.

None from the pin factories are ever 1/8”.

#5 6 months ago

If you get it custom made, make sure they do not etch a tempered glass stamp on it

Edit: What he said

#6 6 months ago

The glass is 3/16" thick. They'll want that measurement as well.

#7 6 months ago

Why do they put a logo on the edge? And what difference does it make? Won't it be in the channel anyway? I'm sure I'm missing something

#8 6 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Why do they put a logo on the edge? And what difference does it make? Won't it be in the channel anyway? I'm sure I'm missing something

It's not on the edge, it's on the face of the glass in the corner. It's there to let you know it's tempered glass so you can distinguish it from regular pane glass without having to break it to know.

#9 6 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

It's not on the edge, it's on the face of the glass in the corner. It's there to let you know it's tempered glass so you can distinguish it from regular pane glass without having to break it to know.

Oh that makes sense. I took what cottonm4 said too literally

#10 6 months ago

PDI!!!

1 week later
#11 6 months ago

I just ordered PDI for our one and only pinball machine, Dr Who, that (as I've learned from this forum) 'is bolted to the floor'.... can't wait!

#12 6 months ago

If it has a tempered mark on the glass, most buyers will like to know that the glass is tempered, might even pay a bit more for the game. Especially for older games. Think Safety First.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside