10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by muzikman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider muzikman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago

I just tackled this wonderful task and thought I might be able to help the next person. The soldering iron trick did work well for both removing the metal posts from the old plastic and reattaching the metal posts to the new plastic. I first had to make the holes in the new plastic bigger. I tried a 7/32 drill bit and then ended up at 1/4 inch which was ideal. The plastics did not get damaged by carefully drilling the holes - it may be best to do the two step process - making them just a little bigger each time.

Also, don't bother trying to unflare the end of the post, reinsert into the plastic and then flare (or crimp) it back again. I saw that suggested somewhere. That did not work well, but the solder iron insertion technique worked fantastic. Here is a video I found that shows how it's done. Just apply somewhat firm pressure on the plastic and the post will pop right through the plastic. I was just doing the top decorative plastic and it still worked fine. Not as painful as I expected. Good luck to all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 90.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider muzikman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-eight-ball-deluxe-le-plastics-help-needed?tu=muzikman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.