(Topic ID: 289611)

Replacing cabinet art without lift...saw horses?

By mikespins

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210217_160101 (resized).jpg
    20210218_112615 (resized).jpg
    20210217_155915 (resized).jpg
    130 (resized).jpg
    74FA065E-66D3-48AB-8691-1328FFFBA401 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

I need to change the cabinet art on my #TSPP but do not have a lift / table cart, so was wondering if I could use saw horses? I was thinking of grabbing some metal saw horses, lifting and placing the table on top of the 2 horses then going to work.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this, or some horses that they recommend? Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

You might have trouble with the sawhorses getting in the way when you get near the bottom lip of the cabinet.

#3 3 years ago

Maybe build a 2x4 or 2x6 frame just smaller than the cab size to boost it off the sawhorses to give you clearance.

#4 3 years ago

Just put shipping blankets on the ground and put the cabinet on them.

Easy. Perfect height for sanding too.

rd

74FA065E-66D3-48AB-8691-1328FFFBA401 (resized).jpeg74FA065E-66D3-48AB-8691-1328FFFBA401 (resized).jpeg
    #5 3 years ago

I just use a mechanic’s creeper. It’s small enough that I can get to the edges and I can wheel the cab out of the way easily. I use wheel blocks to keep it immobile when I put the cabinet down

#6 3 years ago

Thanks guys.

Anyone ever use horses?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikespins:

Thanks guys.
    Anyone ever use horses?

Nope. I've restored over 100 cabinets and everyone was done like rotordave.

1 week later
    #9 3 years ago

Hi restored a lot cabs and sawhorses are too high too work on best I find is blankets and put cab on that easy for sanding and installing decals ,sawhorses are good for painting it

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Hi restored a lot cabs and sawhorses are too high too work on best I find is blankets and put cab on that easy for sanding and installing decals ,sawhorses are good for painting it

Thanks. Blankets on the floor?

#11 3 years ago

I have an old workbench that I put on wheels that's the perfect height for me.

130 (resized).jpg130 (resized).jpg

Being on wheels makes it great for moving it around or out of the way.

(I just absolutely hate working on the floor)

-Paul

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikespins:

Thanks. Blankets on the floor?

Yes best for taking off the old decals and sanding and installing new decals ,saw horses are great for filling ,painting

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Yes best for taking off the old decals and sanding and installing new decals ,saw horses are great for filling ,painting

Thanks, will try that

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikespins:

Thanks, will try that

Np when installing decals after prime and painting but down blankets so doesn't get marked

#15 3 years ago

Late to this topic, but I use sawhorses for all my cabinet prep. Cabinet on the ground is too low and hurts my back being hunched over for extended periods of time. Decal installation IS done with cabinet at ground level with moving blanket.

#16 3 years ago

I built a couple of these out of 2 x 4s. Each a different height. Put locking wheels on them from Amazon. They work awesome.

20210217_155915 (resized).jpg20210217_155915 (resized).jpg20210217_160101 (resized).jpg20210217_160101 (resized).jpg20210218_112615 (resized).jpg20210218_112615 (resized).jpg
    #17 3 years ago
    Quoted from epeabs:

I built a couple of these out of 2 x 4s. Each a different height. Put locking wheels on them from Amazon. They work awesome.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great that works

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-cabinet-art-without-liftsaw-horses- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.