Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Looking to replace the connectors on my SBM. It seems the 28 pin connectors aren't available anywhere. Since the connectors are in good shape, I want to try to remove the wires and crimp new contracts on them and reuse the connectors.
I'm not sure which crimp ends to get to fit the connectors. They are the Red Bally Connectors

#2 4 years ago

The old pins can be removed quite easily with a small flathead screwdriver.

New pins: https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=73

#3 4 years ago

Thank you. Those are the ones I was looking at. Just wanted to make sure they fit the red connectors

#4 4 years ago

If your connectors are the IDC type (kind of open on the back) I'm not sure if you can replace those pins easily. If they are the type where the wire comes out the back yeah small screwdriver works.

As long as the connector housings aren't damaged I almost always reuse the ones that are there unless I'm in a big hurry for some reason then I cut the old one off and still keep it for later re-use.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

If your connectors are the IDC type (kind of open on the back) I'm not sure if you can replace those pins easily. If they are the type where the wire comes out the back yeah small screwdriver works.
As long as the connector housings aren't damaged I almost always reuse the ones that are there unless I'm in a big hurry for some reason then I cut the old one off and still keep it for later re-use.

Good point, I forgot about idc. I've had success replacing idc pins with this style as well, but it's a bit of a pain and not optimal...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-bally-connectors-which-contacts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.