3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by SirScott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dipsy Doodle plastic (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello all,

I've been I the process of restoring a 1970 Williams Dipsy Doodle machine to working order. I'm not trying to renovate it or to fully restore it, I just want to get it cleaned up and working properly. I don't mind some of the patina on the machine, as it looks pretty good for a 50 year old game. Over the last few weeks, I've been focusing on cleaning the machine and trying to restore functionality. I've cleaned out all the dirt and dust with an air compressor and a vacuum. I've cleaned and waxed the playfield. I've replaced all the fuses. I've replaced all the rubber components (with the exception of two mini-posts, still trying to find the rubber for those), I've rebuilt one of the flippers and replaced the bushing, and a few more things. I'm currently rebuilding the stepper units (Advance and Player units complete so far), and cleaning up the score reels. I've replaced virtually all the lights with LEDs, although some of them are a little finicky and I've left incandescent bulbs in those places.

My question is: does anyone have a reliable source to find game-specific plastic pieces? Mine are all in good shape, with one exception. The cover for the center targets has broken multiple times, and the prior owner of the machine secured it with some larger washers, and a new screw hole in one corner. I found a German website that offers a service to recreate a plastic pinball component, but I haven't yet received a quote from them.

I'd love to hear thoughts or suggestions on how to replace a damaged plastic piece. It's not the end of the world if I can't replace it, but I'd like to do so if it's not terribly expensive.

Dennis

Dipsy Doodle plastic (resized).jpegDipsy Doodle plastic (resized).jpeg
    #3 3 years ago

Thanks for that link. I didn't see that one when I was searching the site.

Maybe I'll scan my old plastic and see if I can recreate it on my own. If it looks worse than the original, then I really haven't lost much...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-plastics-for-specific-games?tu=dennisc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.