Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ibis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have a Aztec with a smashed plug, its a 24 pin plug(12 in each row). I know these are not available anymore unless used from another game. Not sure if PBR has any, but if not, what is the alternate solution? Just re-build the connection with a square connector?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

what is the alternate solution?

You could put a want ad up in Market.

#3 3 years ago

There are some for sale on ebay

#4 3 years ago

i bought a game once where the jones connectors had been cut from the head and wired individually . i ended up converting it to 3 molex connectors .

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from singlezero:

i ended up converting it to 3 molex connectors .

What kind did you use? Trying to figure out something permanent for the Granada I just re-connected after the same thing.

#6 3 years ago

I'd go with 0.093 connectors, make sure to get plugs and receptacles, and male and female pins. Here's great plains electronics selections in that size:

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=46

Actually, on second thought the 0.062 may be a better selection for smaller gauge wires. Here's their selection of those too:

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=51

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Actually, on second thought the 0.062 may be a better selection for smaller gauge wires. Here's their selection of those too:

So, these are individual connections?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

I have a Aztec with a smashed plug, its a 24 pin plug(12 in each row). I know these are not available anymore unless used from another game. Not sure if PBR has any, but if not, what is the alternate solution? Just re-build the connection with a square connector?

Yea just put a request on the parts wanted thread. I may even have one. It does take a little work to replace. Original is always the best solution.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

So, these are individual connections?

Depends how many connections you need to make. You can make a connector with as few as 2 connections/wires, or as many as 15 (based on what g.p.e has in stock at the moment). You'd need to buy male plugs and female receptacles, male pins, female pins, and a crimping tool if you don't have one.

#10 3 years ago

I got a used one from PBR.
No problem.

E

#11 3 years ago

I found a source, just waiting on getting the game torn down to figure out what other parts and things needed. I thought about the molex plugs, its a good solution, just not original. If someone had a game ripped though and many were missing, the Molex connection-type would be the way to go.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

I found a source, just waiting on getting the game torn down to figure out what other parts and things needed. I thought about the molex plugs, its a good solution, just not original. If someone had a game ripped though and many were missing, the Molex connection-type would be the way to go.

Stay with the Jones plug rebuild. I have always been able to find the parts to rebuild a jones plug. Yes, it could be tedious to desolder the wires from the broken plug and resolder them to the replacement used plug. To me, that effort to keep the game original is always worthy.

2 weeks later
#13 3 years ago

Agreed MikeO!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
$ 200.00
Playfields
Trident Pinball Homebrew
Playfields
Electronics
Cobra Amusements
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-or-repairing-jones-plugs?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.