(Topic ID: 221928)

Replacement Opto Set for White Water Switch 62?

By spclwhenlit

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I've searched thru the manual, but I don't see a part number for the set of optos mounted under the playfield below the whirlpool exit. They serve as switch 62, and the entire set is missing from my Whitewater. I'm hoping to find a plug-in replacement that includes both optos, the wiring, and the connector.

Does anybody know if the complete "assembly" has a part number, and where I might be able to find one? (I've also searched the usual suspects for the part, including PBR, Marco, Bay Area, etc.

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

The entire assembly is a-15758, but you don't need to replace the whole thing. Just get new optos. A-14231-2 at marco. You will have to attach the wires yourself, though. Is all the wiring gone too?

#3 5 years ago

Yes, everything is missing: both optos, the wiring, the connector. I haven't been able to find part a-15758 at any pinball parts retailer - any suggestions (it doesn't appear to be on Marco either) for where I can find it?

I'm not sure how much of an issue it is to not have this opto present, since there is another one at the whirlpool kickout, which seems to also register balls that travel thru the whirlpool? Maybe it just means it takes a little longer for the game to recognize that a ball fell thru the whirlpool?

Thanks!

#4 5 years ago

Oh, this is whirlpool exit, not whirlpool kickout? Wrong assembly number, then. There isn't an assembly number for just the optos and the wiring. It's kind of assumed you won't lose the wiring, because...there's no reason to remove it.

And, yeah, the game is compensating. If it doesn't bother you, you can leave it. It's just not 100%, and your whirlpool awards may be a bit off.

#5 5 years ago

Yeah, I suspected that the whirlpool kickout switch was probably "programmed" to recognize a ball thru the whirlpool in case the whirlpool exit opto wasn't working. I'd still like to install the correct set of optos - the connector is still there that would attach to the opto connector. Do you happen to know if the set of optos, wiring, and connector are common to other games? I'm hoping that it is...

#6 5 years ago

I'm sure there's something out there that would share the setup, but it would help if you posted the other end of the connector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.95
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-opto-set-for-white-water-switch-62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.