(Topic ID: 208463)

Replacement metal legs for magic screen bingos?

By BlackCatBone

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Are reproduction metal legs available that will fit bingos? Are bingo legs a heavier gauge or different size than pinball legs of the same era? The game I'm looking at is Laguna Beach from 1960. Its existing legs are welded to a horizontal brace (or cradle) that supports the lower cabinet edge.

#2 6 years ago

Pinball Resource seems to have a wide selection of legs.
May be worth a look.
Terry K

#3 6 years ago

the bally legs had an extra piece of metal welded to the inside of the leg just below where the cabinet would be. The issue was leg collapse - typically when lifting the front and dragging the game on the back two legs where most of the game weight was. The extra metal made the leg thicker where it would be most likely to crimp and fold up.

horizontal bracing/support was an operator addition and wasn't needed on games with good cabinet corners.

if you don't drag the games around, any leg with the right length and hole placement will work, but the heavier gauge metal the better.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for the information.

#5 6 years ago

One problem I ran across was a person that replaced their bingo legs with nicer looking new ones, without the support plate. Game was in a warehouse. Working inside/underneath the back door and the customer had dragged their machine from the wall before I arrived. I saw the new legs and advised him before I started working that he should replace with normal and the dangers of dragging, etc. As I began working, the legs started to buckle once I opened the back door. Managed to get it supported before it collapsed.

That could have been a messy cleanup for the guy (especially scraping me up from the floor)...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-metal-legs-for-magic-screen-bingos?hl=baldtwit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.