Replacement metal legs for magic screen bingos?

(Topic ID: 208463)

Replacement metal legs for magic screen bingos?

By BlackCatBone

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by bingopodcast
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

Are reproduction metal legs available that will fit bingos? Are bingo legs a heavier gauge or different size than pinball legs of the same era? The game I'm looking at is Laguna Beach from 1960. Its existing legs are welded to a horizontal brace (or cradle) that supports the lower cabinet edge.

#2 8 months ago

Pinball Resource seems to have a wide selection of legs.
May be worth a look.
Terry K

#3 8 months ago

the bally legs had an extra piece of metal welded to the inside of the leg just below where the cabinet would be. The issue was leg collapse - typically when lifting the front and dragging the game on the back two legs where most of the game weight was. The extra metal made the leg thicker where it would be most likely to crimp and fold up.

horizontal bracing/support was an operator addition and wasn't needed on games with good cabinet corners.

if you don't drag the games around, any leg with the right length and hole placement will work, but the heavier gauge metal the better.

#4 8 months ago

Thanks for the information.

#5 8 months ago

One problem I ran across was a person that replaced their bingo legs with nicer looking new ones, without the support plate. Game was in a warehouse. Working inside/underneath the back door and the customer had dragged their machine from the wall before I arrived. I saw the new legs and advised him before I started working that he should replace with normal and the dangers of dragging, etc. As I began working, the legs started to buckle once I opened the back door. Managed to get it supported before it collapsed.

That could have been a messy cleanup for the guy (especially scraping me up from the floor)...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside