Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by playernumber4
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

macaulay-culkin (resized).jpg
up-michael_jackson_glove_1 (resized).jpg
whiteglove (resized).jpg
Tally Guy (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_3425 (resized).JPG
1caec34e529cbc45597ec7106de45eb21595197e.jpeg (resized).jpg
20161216_111929 (resized).jpg
20161216_111924 (resized).jpg
20161216_111909 (resized).jpg
20161216_111146 (resized).jpg
20161213_161812 (resized).jpg

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Service is not dead.
If you buy your Sawstop locally, not only is the price cheaper than online (due to SS's Minimum Advertised Pricing), not only do they deliver and set up the saw in your shop for free (it weighs over 500 lbs), not only do they run you through the operation, but they do onsite service for 2 years.

You're right on Vid.

I work in a small 10-12 employee cabinet shop and we have at least one salesman come out every day to try to sell us sandpaper, table saws, electronic saw guides, wood glue, lumber, sanders, blade and knife sharpening. They deliver the goods at least once a week. I'm sure every one of them knows there's two or three other salesman gunning for the same sale so they have to provide a good product, a good price, and good service.

Different sales companies often have demonstrations or small trade shows in the area. I've been to one for Sawstop where they stuck a wiener in the blade. It was pretty cool especially when the brake costs $70 to $90 dollars for one time use but the wiener is saved.

We still don't have one in our shop. We just prefer to keep our fingers out of the saw blade.

You're not going to get great service at Lowe's or Wal-Mart. It might be adequate but it's not gonna surprise you. Dealing with local distributors and businesses is the way to go.

#103 3 years ago

That was actually bronze glove delivery. Sorry for the mix up.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

White glove delivery my ass!

wow that game has a rough trip.. did they drag it behind the truck rather then put it inside?

JJ

1 month later
#105 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern has used Mirco too.
All those Metallica with the funky looking shooter lanes are German.

I asked Mirco about this at Expo, claimed he has not done any pfs for Stern.

#106 3 years ago

Removed the posts on Pinside where he said he was making them for JJP too, so who knows what the politics are.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

support your local distributors.

I wouldn't trust my local distibutor to fix anything on a game I own, because I've played theirs, and found them lacking. I have no doubt they would service the games they sell, but at the same time, you're also basically paying what's equivalent to a service contract in WAY higher prices to buy from them...

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern has used Mirco too.
All those Metallica with the funky looking shooter lanes are German.

Funky? I think thats some beautiful layering actually. Especially compared to some of their earlier games with holes and big bumps in the lane.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
San Ramon, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, ME
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Allentown, PA
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside