Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by playernumber4
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

macaulay-culkin (resized).jpg
up-michael_jackson_glove_1 (resized).jpg
whiteglove (resized).jpg
Tally Guy (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_3425 (resized).JPG
1caec34e529cbc45597ec7106de45eb21595197e.jpeg (resized).jpg
20161216_111929 (resized).jpg
20161216_111924 (resized).jpg
20161216_111909 (resized).jpg
20161216_111146 (resized).jpg
20161213_161812 (resized).jpg

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Crazy that playfields are still ghosting, even though this issue was completely and fully resolved in July as per chambahz. :p

its even more crazy that REPLACEMENT playfields are still ghosting!

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

you mean a replacement replacement program?

GBLErrp

#53 3 years ago

Yep ... my 11 / 3 /16 playfield still looks perfect. Fingers crossed

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

you mean a replacement replacement program?

What I meant is there a replacement program for the replacement playfields that need to be replaced in place?

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's just like autos, you sometimes need to have the same problem fixed multiple times.

And yet each and every one of those times the "customer" was not responsible to do the actual work.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

And yet each and every one of those times the "customer" was not responsible to do the actual work.

That's why I tell you guys to support your local distributors.

If you buy a $5,000 Sawstop from your local power tool dealer and smoke a 5hp motor, the dealer will come out and swap it for you.

If you bought your Sawstop mail order, all you are getting is a refurbished motor in a box - you are on your own to install it....and you get to ship the dead one back.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

As an auto mechanic, if I would see anything wrong with a part, I would send it back. Or if the employer used cheaper parts to make more money, I wouldn't redo the job for free and I let them know that ahead of time. Rarely, if ever did I have to do the same job twice.

So who's fault is it? The maker of the crappy parts and lack of quality control.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

trust me its not a good feeling once you see the ghosting let alone a 2nd time! i still love the game but Stern really messed this replacement program up if there using old stock playfields and smearing out the original stamp dates, pretty crooked if thats what they did!

So are they sending you another playfield?

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

So are they sending you another playfield?

no idea really. there looking into it to see what they want to do is what i was told. id assume since its just a touch of ghosting now they will make me wait until its gotten worse. the ghosting actually bothers me less then the smearing of the stamp and acting like its a brand new playfield made after the ghosting issue was resolved when i think it had a April or May date on it that they smeared it so i couldn't read it then stamped it Oct 13

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

the dealer will come out and swap it for you.

Are you secretly living in the 50's somehow? Does this actually happen anywhere these days? Service is dead. D e d.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Are you secretly living in the 50's somehow? Does this actually happen anywhere these days? Service is dead. D e d.

Service is not dead.

If you buy your Sawstop locally, not only is the price cheaper than online (due to SS's Minimum Advertised Pricing), not only do they deliver and set up the saw in your shop for free (it weighs over 500 lbs), not only do they run you through the operation, but they do onsite service for 2 years.

#62 3 years ago

Not only a Sawstop.. but I had a door handle stop working in my Tesla last week, and they sent over a guy to my house to replace it under warranty

IMG_3425 (resized).JPG

#63 3 years ago

If they had made and installed that part right in the first place, they wouldn't have had to send a guy out to fix it.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If they had made and installed that part right in the first place, they wouldn't have had to send a guy out to fix it.

Hey - we all make mistakes. It's how we resolve the mistakes and take responsibility that counts.

#65 3 years ago

There isn't much room for error when putting a car together. You wouldn't want an airbag randomly going off in your face while driving down the highway, would ya? Or maybe a wheel falling off?

Or how bout ending up in water and you can't unlock the door?

Hell ya, they are out there in a hurry. To cover their ass.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Never get power windows or power door locks, because you probably have 30 seconds where the pressure will allow you to still roll down the window.

After 30 seconds, you'll probably have to break the glass.

Don't ask how I know this.

#67 3 years ago

Vid, I think you've done it all. Best I did was drive off a cliff and flip a boat over.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Vid, I think you've done it all.

Everything I've accomplished, I have only the vodka to thank.

#69 3 years ago

The broken Plastic and the Broken off Stud could be a result of shipping.. Sadly populated pf's do not seam to ship well.

Ghosting, Crap.........

JJ

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It wasn't due to installer error, the piece in the motor that presents the door handle failed. Things happen, just like anything else in cars- just stoked they stand behind their product and sent a guy out 2.5 hrs after I emailed Tesla service.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Everything I've accomplished, I have only the vodka to thank.

Last night I fixed a system 11 CPU while drinking heavily. Without your ever present guidance, I'm not sure I could have pulled that off. All I know is it works today.

Quoted from kpg:

the piece in the motor that presents the door handle failed.

I hear ya. I recently replaced the door lock motor in my 15 year old Toyota. I couldn't unstrip the gears. Not much breaks on that truck.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

no idea really. there looking into it to see what they want to do is what i was told. id assume since its just a touch of ghosting now they will make me wait until its gotten worse. the ghosting actually bothers me less then the smearing of the stamp and acting like its a brand new playfield made after the ghosting issue was resolved when i think it had a April or May date on it that they smeared it so i couldn't read it then stamped it Oct 13

Looking to see what there going to do????? A new playfield should be in the mail.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Looking to see what there going to do????? A new playfield should be in the mail.

Thats what i think they should of done to considering the circumstances. Its not like its my fault there playfields are ghosting especially not ones that are suppose to be newly made replacements. I waited a few days to see what they were going to do before posting anything but more i thought about it i started to feel they tryed to get over me with a old playfield with new stamps and that pisses me off!

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There isn't much room for error when putting a car together. You wouldn't want an airbag randomly going off in your face while driving down the highway, would ya? Or maybe a wheel falling off?
Hell ya, they are out there in a hurry. To cover their ass.

Quoted from vid1900:

Never get power windows or power door locks, because you probably have 30 seconds where the pressure will allow you to still roll down the window.
After 30 seconds, you'll probably have to break the glass.
Don't ask how I know this.

Stop using your cars as boats!

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Stop using your cars as boats!

If you say so.

th (resized).jpg

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

thats what i figured you ment and i totally agree it should of been thrown away or burned.
Just out of curiosity what do you guys think a HUO GB pro is worth with ghosting? i just want to be able to use it as ammo when talking to Stern.

Pretty much the same as non-ghosting. Assuming no mods I'm sure you can low $4000s for it. At the end of the day it plays the same and is barely noticeable and is not a huge deal in the real (non-pinside) world.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

At this point in the game, I'd ask Stern to send a new playfield, BUT I'd wait a few months and let them get their ship together.

No big hurry to get one of the current ones.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Pretty much the same as non-ghosting. Assuming no mods I'm sure you can low $4000s for it. At the end of the day it plays the same and is barely noticeable and is not a huge deal in the real (non-pinside) world.

The more play it will get the worse it will become and in the end it will be ruined.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's why I tell you guys to support your local distributors.
If you buy a $5,000 Sawstop from your local power tool dealer and smoke a 5hp motor, the dealer will come out and swap it for you.
If you bought your Sawstop mail order, all you are getting is a refurbished motor in a box - you are on your own to install it....and you get to ship the dead one back.

If you think a local distributor is going to put in a replacement PF for a customer, I think you are grossly over estimating the kind of service they provide.

#80 3 years ago

Replacegate

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you think a local distributor is going to put in a replacement PF for a customer, I think you are grossly over estimating the kind of service they provide.

I have done exactly that kind of warranty work for my local distributor.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The exception to the rule.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hopefully you didn't scare the ever loving shit out of anyone while you were there. Boo!

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Hopefully you didn't scare the ever loving shit out of anyone while you were there. Boo!

At least children and dogs seem to like me.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

We do this for retail customers when issues are necessary, In-fact we have 2 that are to be replaced local that we will be going out, Picking up the pf, boxing it, shipping it back getting the new one and going out to swap it out. Thats part of the difference in pricing between pinside and retail pricing.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

We do this for retail customers when issues are necessary, In-fact we have 2 that are to be replaced local that we will be going out, Picking up the pf, boxing it, shipping it back getting the new one and going out to swap it out. Thats part of the difference in pricing between pinside and retail pricing.

Are You saying if I buy from You at a discount, I don't get same level of service after sale than someone who lays down and pays full retail?

#87 3 years ago

I was a little concerned about how long it would take to get through the replacement program, but I'm fine waiting it out as long as it takes now. I want my playfield to come from a new run, not from an old run that is known to be in the trouble window, dusted off, and sent to me. It seems that they're taking care of pros first, and I imagine that for LEs that they would have to run new playfields anyway so that Trudeau can sign them.

#88 3 years ago

I do find it ironic and humorous that the one title that would cause such a headache for Stern with playfield ghosting happened to be called "Ghostbusters"

I know there's ghosting on other machines too, but obviously that theme was a gigantic problem for them.. too funny

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Are You saying if I buy from You at a discount, I don't get same level of service after sale than someone who lays down and pays full retail?

Local Customers get White Glove Delivery, In Home Service ect. Things that we simply cannot provide if you live 1k miles away. As anyone on this board can attest to we work with Stern to deal with problems for customers who are out side of our workable area.

But the level of service that non pin heads need and want to be comfortable purchasing a pinball machine costs money. Just what I laid out on the swap of a play field would be 4 hours + if a customer lived in the Denver Metro area. With Drive time, Pulling the PF, Boxing PF, Drive Back, Ship, Re drive Back, Install new Playfield and Drive back to shop.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Local Customers get White Glove Delivery, In Home Service ect. Things that we simply cannot provide if you live 1k miles away. As anyone on this board can attest to we work with Stern to deal with problems for customers who are out side of our workable area.
But the level of service that non pin heads need and want to be comfortable purchasing a pinball machine costs money. Just what I laid out on the swap of a play field would be 4 hours + if a customer lived in the Denver Metro area. With Drive time, Pulling the PF, Boxing PF, Drive Back, Ship, Re drive Back, Install new Playfield and Drive back to shop.

I get it now. You're talking white glove delivery service and that is a lot different than getting a game I unbox myself!

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Not to derail the thread, but I'd like to give a shoutout to JJ for being such a great distributer.
He sent me the Ecto Goggles metal protector just out of the blue, I didn't even know I needed it.
That's great customer service to keep track of what version machine a customer gets and send updated fixes.
Thanks JJ! Happy to report my GB Premium has no ghosting (Late Sept Build). Hope the OP gets his resolved.

#92 3 years ago

Do ghosting inserts eventually lead to something more serious on the playfield?

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

A ghosted insert means that there is a gap between the insert and the clearcoat. It's going to be more prone to cracking from impacts, and the ghosting is likely to grow over time. I think kpg has cracks in his playfield from severe ghosting.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from RobT:

The exception to the rule.

Quoted from spidey:

Tally Guy (resized).jpg

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Quoted from jar155:

A ghosted insert means that there is a gap between the insert and the clearcoat. It's going to be more prone to cracking from impacts, and the ghosting is likely to grow over time. I think kpg has cracks in his playfield from severe ghosting.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

At least children and dogs seem to like me.

The part about kids liking you is suspect.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The part about kids liking you is suspect.

I was more concerned about the dogs

#98 3 years ago

White glove delivery my ass!

whiteglove (resized).jpg

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

White glove delivery my ass!

macaulay-culkin (resized).jpg
up-michael_jackson_glove_1 (resized).jpg

#100 3 years ago

I think it just needs a little more packing tape.
Yes, just one more time around should do it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Terra Ceia, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside