th (resized).jpg
IMG_3425 (resized).JPG
1caec34e529cbc45597ec7106de45eb21595197e.jpeg (resized).jpg
20161216_111929 (resized).jpg
20161216_111924 (resized).jpg
20161216_111909 (resized).jpg
20161216_111146 (resized).jpg
20161213_161812 (resized).jpg
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

So i got my replacement on November 23 with broken plastics and one of the apron studs broken off. Now at 40 plays its ghosting already on the storage facility arrow insert. this is crazy! I will NEVER no matter what title buy a NIB Stern ever again. HUO games for me from now on unless from JJP or another company.

20161213_161812 (resized).jpg20161213_161812 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Good luck to the pre-order BM66 people.

Higher priced games with problems that have not been an issue for most of the last 10 years is a recipe for trouble for Stern.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Good luck to the pre-order BM66 people.
Higher priced games with problems that have not been an issue for most of the last 10 years is a recipe for trouble for Stern.

thats what im thinking to, if the SLE guys get ghosted inserts there is going to some serious shit going down. Dialed In is looking so much better now! And to think i almost just bought a NIB ST but not going to happen now.

#4 7 years ago

any sort of supplier mark in common on both playfields? It would be nice to identify who is making these

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

any sort of supplier mark in common on both playfields? It would be nice to identify who is making these

heres whats stamped, last playfield had the same date stamp but it was readable and didnt have the Z

20161216_111146 (resized).jpg20161216_111146 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

found some more dates and writing. sorta weird it says Harold #1825 of 2085 on front edge sticker and is peeled off sorta like it was removed from another game then i found another Harold # written saying #279 under playfield. then i found another date stamped under playfield saying Oct 13

20161216_111909 (resized).jpg20161216_111909 (resized).jpg
20161216_111924 (resized).jpg20161216_111924 (resized).jpg
20161216_111929 (resized).jpg20161216_111929 (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

Wonder if Harold is the shop that made the playfield.

I took a look at mine and it is also a H5 Harold 127 of 510 with an April Production date. My playfield doesn't have any ghosting issues.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Wonder if Harold is the shop that made the playfield.
I took a look at mine and it is also a H5 Harold 127 of 510 with an April Production date. My playfield doesn't have any ghosting issues.

Harold Ramis its named after. Not that i dont believe you but there has been at least 3 guys posting for sale ads of Pros that said no ghosting then i looked at there pictures and guess what there ghosted...

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

So i got my replacement on November 23 with broken plastics and one of the apron studs broken off. Now at 40 plays its ghosting already on the storage facility arrow insert. this is crazy! I will NEVER no matter what title buy a NIB Stern ever again. HUO games for me from now on unless from JJP or another company.

Sorry to read that this happened again. All that work of removing the playfield,shipping it back and then reinstalling a new one for the same bs ghosting. How long did it take?

#10 7 years ago

Man that sucks! i am still hoping to get my replacement my playfield is ghosting to no end cant believe that would ship out a replacement that is ghosting.

#11 7 years ago

It is my understanding that the chemical make up of the clear was changed at the suppliers supplier level and was never relayed to stern or their supplier. I'm sure it will be a little bit of time before they are able to adjust to the new chemical composition and make the appropriate changes. Sadly there was no way for stern to know that anything changed, they are attempting to make everything right, it's just going to take time. I understand we pay hard earned money for these games but at the end of the day they are just games and if it ghosts it will be fixed. Be patient or sell the game. OP what was the swap process like for you? Can't believe that it's ghosting already, that really sucks.

#12 7 years ago

Ridiculous. I'm waiting for my replacement too. I was told quite some time ago that I was in the "replacement program." I haven't heard a word since and it seems like very few people are being contacted. But seeing a replacement with an issue, that's even worse than not hearing. The time lost and then to have to go through it again would make my blood boil.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I will NEVER no matter what title buy a NIB Stern ever again. HUO games for me from now on unless from JJP

You know that neither Stern nor JJP make their own playfields, right?

You know that at times, a same outside contractor has made playfields for both, right?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Sorry to read that this happened again. All that work of removing the playfield,shipping it back and then reinstalling a new one for the same bs ghosting. How long did it take?

for the replacement it didnt take long, 9 days from time i shipped old pf till i got the "new" one.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You know that at times, a same outside contractor has made playfields for both, right?

no i didnt know that, thanks for info.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

for the replacement it didnt take long, 9 days from time i shipped old pf till i got the "new" one.

How many hours did it take to pull out/put back in?

#17 7 years ago

Just ahead: Class action lawsuit.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How many hours did it take to pull out/put back in?

10 minutes to pull and put it in. 3 wires and it comes right out.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

10 minutes to pull and put it in. 3 wires and it comes right out.

Not bad, thought it would be a long process.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah but it still being dropped in by Stern to sell.

You know United doesn't make the planes you fly in, right?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Not that i dont believe you but there has been at least 3 guys posting for sale ads of Pros that said no ghosting then i looked at there pictures and guess what there ghosted...

On the one hand I want to go take pics to prove it, on the other hand what if I do find some?

I don't want to jinx it.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

On the one hand I want to go take pics to prove it, on the other hand what if I do find some?
I don't want to jinx it.

trust me its not a good feeling once you see the ghosting let alone a 2nd time! i still love the game but Stern really messed this replacement program up if there using old stock playfields and smearing out the original stamp dates, pretty crooked if thats what they did!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

no i didnt know that, thanks for info.

JJP uses Mirco for playfields which are made in Germany, no issues. Stern uses a different company. A few very early WOZ's had playfield issues but that was corrected years ago.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

trust me its not a good feeling once you see the ghosting let alone a 2nd time! i still love the game but Stern really messed this replacement program up if there using old stock playfields and smearing out the original stamp dates, pretty crooked if thats what they did!

Signs point to it being re-used. It's impossible to know, but man, it's definitely a bummer that you're seeing ghosting again no matter what the reason. I really hope for Stern's sake it was a re-used playfield, because if new replacements have problems, that probably means newer GB Premiums and B66 games will be susceptible.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Signs point to it being re-used. It's impossible to know, but man, it's definitely a bummer that you're seeing ghosting again no matter what the reason. I really hope for Stern's sake it was a re-used playfield, because if new replacements have problems, that probably means newer GB Premiums and B66 games will be susceptible.

what do you mean by re-used? like they got a old played on playfield and removed the clearcoat and redid it or that there using old original stock. When i got the replacement pf it had no dimples and everything looked new underneath like the coils. the smeared out date and peeling game # sticker look pretty shaddy for sure.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

what do you mean by re-used? like they got a old played on playfield and removed the clearcoat and redid it or that there using old original stock. When i got the replacement pf it had no dimples and everything looked new underneath like the coils. the smeared out date and peeling game # sticker look pretty shaddy for sure.

Er, I guess not re-used, but old stock that should have been discarded being used as a replacement. I don't think this has been in another machine, but most likely should have been in the burn pile.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Er, I guess not re-used, but old stock that should have been discarded being used as a replacement. I don't think this has been in another machine, but most likely should have been in the burn pile.

thats what i figured you ment and i totally agree it should of been thrown away or burned.

Just out of curiosity what do you guys think a HUO GB pro is worth with ghosting? i just want to be able to use it as ammo when talking to Stern.

#28 7 years ago

i am gonna wait before filing my claim, figure late January. i don't want to end up like op. i also haven't modded my gb much except for a couple toys. this sucks i would be very upset also.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The voice of reason. Love it Vid.

#30 7 years ago

Ghosted customers should not be getting PF's dated in OCT. That PF should have been on a new build long ago. Ghosted customers should have PF's that are fresh from Churchill.

Were there any signs of dimpling (aside from a little from testing) when you first got it? Curious on the "re-use" comment made earlier.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Ghosted customers should not be getting PF's dated in OCT. That PF should have been on a new build long ago. Ghosted customers should have PF's that are fresh from Churchill.
Were there any signs of dimpling (aside from a little from testing) when you first got it? Curious on the "re-use" comment made earlier.

nope no dimples it was "new" but it definitly wasn't built in October, that was second date stamp after first one was smeared to hide it i think.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

nope no dimples it was "new" but it definitly wasn't built in October, that was second date stamp after first one was smeared to hide it i think.

Wow, who is making these decisions at Stern? Kevin Kulek?

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yeah but it still being dropped in by Stern to sell.

There were lots of bad WOZ playfields, but JJP either replaced them, or sent out stickers to cover up the damage.

When companies get their bad parts from the same source, the difference in "quality" is how well they warranty the problem after the fact.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP uses Mirco for playfields which are made in Germany, no issues. Stern uses a different company.

Stern has used Mirco too.

All those Metallica with the funky looking shooter lanes are German.

1caec34e529cbc45597ec7106de45eb21595197e.jpeg (resized).jpg1caec34e529cbc45597ec7106de45eb21595197e.jpeg (resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago

Is there a replacement replacement program yet?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Wow, who is making these decisions at Stern? Kevin Kulek?

Likely Jody D.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

stay tuned...

#38 7 years ago

I thought your replacement pf was the one that I noticed still had the spelling error. If so, that is further "proof" they used an earlier pf.
FWIW, my pro with a 4-3-16 build date also has the spelling error. No ghosting on mine.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I will NEVER no matter what title buy a NIB Stern ever again. HUO games for me from now on unless from JJP or another company.

Sorry you are having to go through this but comments like this drive me nuts. JJP has issues out of the box as well. Go source through some of the WOZ and Hobbit threads. Not saying this to defend Stern but it's not just Stern with QC issues as it relates to pinball mfg right now.

Only way to fix the problem is for the community to start to vote with their wallets. We're getting closer to that point but still a ways to go until they start to feel the impact.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

thats what i figured you ment and i totally agree it should of been thrown away or burned.
Just out of curiosity what do you guys think a HUO GB pro is worth with ghosting? i just want to be able to use it as ammo when talking to Stern.

My best guess would be $3500 to $4K. Only reason I come to this price point is I've seen a handfull of GB's pro's sell locally for $4K without ghosting. They were stock games so I'm quoting on a stock game. Could be more if someone absolutely wanted it but I don't see to many willing to go higher than $4K knowing that the PF will likely get worse.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

The voice of reason. Love it Vid.

Dude. We get it. You work at Stern or something.

People payed thousands of dollars and got jacked up playfields. The only proper stance is to demand that Stern make it right. And until they do, they don't deserve any slack.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Dude. We get it. You work at Stern or something.
People payed thousands of dollars and got jacked up playfields. The only proper stance is to demand that Stern make it right. And until they do, they don't deserve any slack.

It's just like autos, you sometimes need to have the same problem fixed multiple times.

Anyone who owns a BMW M5 knows that it spends more time at the dealer than it ever does on the road.

At least with an auto, when you have them fix the same problem for the 4th time, you can finally Lemon Law that motherfncker.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sorry you are having to go through this but comments like this drive me nuts. JJP has issues out of the box as well. Go source through some of the WOZ and Hobbit threads. Not saying this to defend Stern but it's not just Stern with QC issues as it relates to pinball mfg right now.
Only way to fix the problem is for the community to start to vote with their wallets. We're getting closer to that point but still a ways to go until they start to feel the impact.

i should of said ill never buy NIB again if i have any sense. I lost a decent amount on WOZ and with this GB debacle i learned 2 lessons pretty much at the same time. Both were dont buy NIB games from anybody anymore. I'll still buy Sterns but HUO, im actually looking to grab a ST next. My Hobbit is HUO and i paid the right amount for it if i ever want to resell. GB on the other hand with ghosted playfield is worth $3k maybe is what i was thinking cause i know i wouldnt myself pay more then $3k for a defective playfield game.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

you mean a replacement replacement program?

#45 7 years ago

Sucks man. Stern has been telling me for months they will replace my GBLE playfield, but keep delaying the "program". A bunch of BS is what it is. They can't even give me an ETA or update at this point.

Anyone getting a BM66 is rolling the dice- and if you think you will easily get a new playfield if there is a problem.. guess again. It could take many many months.. if not more.

#46 7 years ago

So glad to read I was not the only one whom boxed up a playfield / sent it in just to receive one just as bad if not worse than the one that came in the box.. That is Fkn stupid. It cost more in shipping prices and took so much more longer and a lot of hate going back and forth from me to Stern and Distributor only to get refunded after sending the game back instead of just comping me a 200-300 topper that cost MUCH less than all that shipping .. Stupid Damn return policy and that should be re worked..

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sucks man. Stern has been telling me for months they will replace my GBLE playfield, but keep delaying the "program". A bunch of BS is what it is. They can't even give me an ETA or update at this point.
Anyone getting a BM66 is rolling the dice- and if you think you will easily get a new playfield if there is a problem.. guess again. It could take many many months.. if not more.

I know someone who recently got a pro and already shipped their playfield to Stern.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Kermit24 said today he got a call that his LE replacement was ready so maybe yours is soon

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Kermit24 said today he got a call that his LE replacement was ready so maybe yours is soon

Just emailed again to get status on it then ! Hopefully it will be resolved soon..

#50 7 years ago

Crazy that playfields are still ghosting, even though this issue was completely and fully resolved in July as per chambahz. :p

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-gb-playfield-ghosting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.