(Topic ID: 318989)

Replacement for Bally Star Rollover Switches?

By grantopia

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Need to replace a beat up leaf switch under the star roll over on my Eight Ball Deluxe. It looks like the original part number is ASW-A1-152, but any result for that seems to be discontinued with no real suggestion for a replacement. Anyone have a link to anything on Marco (need a few things from there anyway) that will work in its place?

#3 1 year ago

That's the one I was looking at from the Bally parts catalog, however it looks to be discontinued.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

That's the one I was looking at from the Bally parts catalog, however it looks to be discontinued.

Oh, I think you're right. Check with Steve at The Pinball Resource.
Not sure which part is mangled. You can buy individual leafs and rebuild your own switch. Not sure about the plastic tip. You might have to improvise that part.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Not sure which part is mangled. You can buy individual leafs and rebuild your own switch. Not sure about the plastic tip. You might have to improvise that part.

I looked at mine, it's kinda wonky looking so maybe I replaced it years ago with a scrap switch that fit there with some trimming. But it's never caused me a whit of trouble.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

PBR sells the plastic tips also.

The star rollover switches in the games I have with them from bally the plastic part is part of the star insert and the switch is 2 metal blades. The 152 looks more like the saucer switches with the plastic nub.

#8 1 year ago

Use the slingshot switch. It's basically the same.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Use the slingshot switch. It's basically the same.

Thanks! I ordered one of those and will report back.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Thanks! I ordered one of those and will report back.

I can confirm, games like Flash Gordon use the same switch.

2 weeks later
#11 1 year ago

I used a switch with a taller stack, and the star closes it directly. I don't like that floppy plastic nub for this particular switch, which doesn't have as much travel as a rollover wire and people are always complaining about quick closures not registering but mine has never failed to.

That Marco switch looks like it is normally open??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-for-bally-star-rollover-switches?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.