11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I need to replace the 160uf 350v capacitor on the solenoid board, but it's crazy expensive.

Is there an equivalent part I can get at a reasonable price?

#2 11 years ago

Nope. Surf on over to GPE and pick one up. It's not THAT bad...
    --
    Chris Hibler

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Sectorseven:

I need to replace the 160uf 350v capacitor on the solenoid board, but it's crazy expensive.
    Is there an equivalent part I can get at a reasonable price?

What is your opinion of "crazy expensive"? I mean a few dollars to fix something that costs over $1000? Why be so cheap?

#5 11 years ago

Thanks! Will being 10uf less make a difference?

Quoted from markmon:

What is your opinion of "crazy expensive"? I mean a few dollars to fix something that costs over $1000? Why be so cheap?

I went to the usual electronics parts places and the price ranged anywhere from $40 all the way up to $90. Not reasonable for a capacitor imo.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Sectorseven:

Thanks! Will being 10uf less make a difference?

I bought these caps specifically for these Bally and Stern boards. 160uF is not a standard value... but 150uF is. The 10uF difference in value won't make any difference in functionality.

However, GPE has to shut down for a week (maybe longer).
    I believe Todd still has some of this size available:
    http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/

Ed

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-for-bally-solenoid-capacitor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.