Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Terry1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Do you know a source for new lamp sockets that replace the 6v lightbox lamp sockets? Can you provide a link?

Thanks.

#7 6 years ago

Yes, I should have stated that the socket is from the 6v circuit on a mid-50s Bally bingo game. The 6v circuit is for the backbox lights excluding the 17v sockets used for the bingo card numbers. I found the E-125-2A part number on Phil Hooper's web site after failing to find the part number referenced in my game's user manual. I'm surprised there are no new repros, so I'll call Steve or go to Joe.

My game has several lights that sometimes work and sometimes don't. You probably know the symptoms. The light behind an awarded odd or feature will wink on and off. Sometimes the light will be lit continuously; other times it will come on a few seconds, then go dark, then maybe light up again, and so on. For the affected sockets, the light is at full strength when it is lit, so it's not a question of electricity to the sockets. From what I've read, these are the symptoms of a failing socket. I've cleaned the sockets; that seems to help in certain cases but doesn't entirely eliminate the problem. If anyone has fixed similar sockets, I'd love to hear what you did.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

The ones the bite into the bulb will do that to all bulbs eventually. You can press the tooth from the back and it will bite a little harder, but you can break the tooth. Alternatively, you can put a small blob of solder on the bulb nipple. It can push the tooth further out depending on size of the blob.

Thanks, Nick. I'll give your techniques a try before I give up on the sockets.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-for-6v-lamp-socket-e-125-2a?tu=BlackCatBone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.