(Topic ID: 338027)

Replacement display options for System 11AB... which one is better?

By AlexRogan84

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

I am looking at buying a set of replacement displays for a Williams System 11 title. Cyclone specifically. I understand that's in the System 11AB range. And the same as Space Station. I have a Space Station and it has the Rottendog displays and I am quite happy with them (they were already in that game when I bought it).

These Cyclone displays look to be on their way out and I am researching which brand displays to get. The ones I have found are the Rottendog ones, the PinScore ones and the Wolffpack ones. They are all similar price and come complete as a drop-in set. Looks like they all take advantage of only the low voltage power supply and not the high voltage one.

I am also trying to factor in that I'm in Canada and so too the price plus shipping plus exchange rate for each option/vendor.

I was wondering if one set was better than the other and if so why? Thanks.

#2 10 months ago

I've used Wolfpac displays in the past (their DIY kits) and have always been pretty happy with them. Can't speak to the other two choices though.

#3 10 months ago

Pinscore is the most expensive option.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PS-11610

They always seem to be in stock at Marco, and in the dozen or so machines I've used them in I've never had further display problems.

I like the brightness adjustment pot. Rottendog and Wolffpac don't have this, they 'match the original display', which, if it works would be fine.

Wolffpac:

https://www.wolffpactech.com/product-page/williams-system-11b-d-11610-display

Rottendog:

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RD-DIS200

#4 10 months ago

just put a set of Wolfpac in a game and oh so pretty !

#5 10 months ago

Great feedback, thanks a lot. I haven't got any Wolffpack displays yet, but have Rottendog and also PinScore in a couple. The PinScore displays are in my Diner and Funhouse and they also look great.

Might come down to cost as the ones being sold on my side of the border are a fair bit less money when you add it all up.

#6 10 months ago

Just be aware wolfpac doesn't come assembled. You have to solder the thing together.

Me, I want one already assembled.

#7 10 months ago

If you can do some fairly basic soldering and have a half way decent quality soldering iron you can assemble Wolffpac displays. Finer tip is helpful for the ribbon headers but not necessary.

I just built green Wolffpac displays for my Grand Lizard (Sys 11) and my Space Station already had X-Pins. I can't tell the difference between the two and the Wolffpac was $154.95 to my door. X-Pins would have been $250+Shipping (Although they are already assembled).

I have a Black Knight where one plasma display digit is bad... i'll be putting Wolffpac displays in it as well, both of those kits will cost me a few dollars more than 1 x-pin display.

It's the option I would go for if you can assemble them yourself. Good quality product and looks excellent. I also got them in 2 days as they shipped from Delaware and I'm in Maryland. Anecdotally folks on pinside have mention Wolffpac support is very good.

1 month later
#8 9 months ago

Not trying to push my own products, but FYI: Absolute Pinball in Canada sells Wolffpac displays pre-assembled.

#9 9 months ago

I'm late to this and as it happens I bought an Xpin main and remote for police force last week, super happy...However, big fans of Absolute pinball and that's really why I'm replying. I have bought a few things, the exchange rate is righteous right now and owner is responsive. If they have what you need, I wouldn't hesitate.

#10 9 months ago

Oh, I meant to say my Xpin main and remote together as a package was $239 shipped. They have free shipping. The Wolffpac stuff looks good, and if it's similar, pre-assembled, I would consider it for next time, especially from Absolute. Good info to have.

#11 9 months ago

And Gddammit if I would just read, you are already in the great white canuckistani north, so just ignore me and talk to Absolute. LOL

Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I am looking at buying a set of replacement displays for a Williams System 11 title. Cyclone specifically. I understand that's in the System 11AB range. And the same as Space Station. I have a Space Station and it has the Rottendog displays and I am quite happy with them (they were already in that game when I bought it).
These Cyclone displays look to be on their way out and I am researching which brand displays to get. The ones I have found are the Rottendog ones, the PinScore ones and the Wolffpack ones. They are all similar price and come complete as a drop-in set. Looks like they all take advantage of only the low voltage power supply and not the high voltage one.
I am also trying to factor in that I'm in Canada and so too the price plus shipping plus exchange rate for each option/vendor.
I was wondering if one set was better than the other and if so why? Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-display-options-for-system-11ab-which-one-is-better and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.