• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DavidLee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49949EA8-E06B-4AE3-A61D-5A914F2BDA76 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DavidLee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Does anyone know where a replacement bat for Williams Line Drive can be purchased? Or, how one may be fabricated, etc.?

49949EA8-E06B-4AE3-A61D-5A914F2BDA76 (resized).jpeg49949EA8-E06B-4AE3-A61D-5A914F2BDA76 (resized).jpeg
#5 1 year ago

Awesome! Thanks Timarnold. I couldn't find them on pinballlife.com... am I missing them somewhere?

Also, I have a Chicago Coin 'Big League Baseball' as well. Would the DELRIN bats you mentioned work on that machine? If so, I'd be intested in picking one up from you as a spare.

Quoted from timarnold:

I got my last batch from PINBALL LIFE.
They were NOT from the original molds, the injection holes were not the same as factory bats. Also, there was NO glass fill in the material. I have had several break. Given the complete lack of any other source, this is about your only choice.
Strength is the major issue here. Any machine printed part would not be strong. The square hole that mounts to the shaft also has to be exact, and this would be hard for a machine printed part to match.
If you do find bats, considser turmning the bat-strenght pot down to the minimum needed for makeing
the farthest shots. This would also save wear and tear on the back wall of your playfield that gets shredded by over strong hits.
I have a dozen or so left of the DELRIN bats I had made for Chicago Coin if anyone needs some. These are the wound white plastic ones.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DavidLee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-bat-for-williams-line-drive-?tu=DavidLee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.