(Topic ID: 258156)

Options for Early SS Bally cabinet replacements?

By Clnilsen

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Clnilsen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I just got a project Bally Playboy for Christmas, but the cabinet is pretty much shot at this point due to Termites (yay! Bonus xmas present!)

I'm sure I could find a reusable cabinet, but does anyone make suitable new cabinets? #edit - I talked with Paul at Virtuapin - He says it possible, but would need to have a sample to make something from, and offered to make a copy from my cabinet if I shipped it to him. I courteously declined, noting that mine currently has extra "friends" he probably doesn't need in his shop.

I'm thinking that the more likely scenario here is a cabinet swap. Looks like the closest period matches are Kiss, Strikes & Spares, and Harlem Globetrotters? Is that true? Thinking the last two could be the easiest to find from a price/production volume perspective. Any other thoughts or options?

#2 4 years ago

Could always try posting a ad on pinside looking for a good used Bally cabinet never know many around I think

#3 4 years ago

Let's see some pictures maybe it is not as bad as you think

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Let's see some pictures maybe it is not as bad as you think

Unfortunately no pics, but the cabinet has degenerated to multiple pieces... there's not even a solid side unfortunately. It's crumbling in my hands.

#5 4 years ago

Virtual pins makes new cabinets, although I’m not sure about that specific shape. They definitely make Williams cabinets. Can even have them put decals on for you

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Try rixzilla here. He's in FL as well.

Thanks!! Just reached out to him... nothing in stock currently. I'll keep looking though!

#8 4 years ago

Well, I wrapped it in shrink wrap, and have sprayed in termador foaming spray. The body may be recoverable, though I'm not terribly comfortable still with the notion of having something ex-termites. I'm going to let it sit for a while and see what happens. Regardless, the head is borked. I have a while before I get to really restoring this - I need to get my game room up first - but if i don't find a donor before I get to it I may try to use the cabinet at least, I'm not sure. I'm just really not comfortable with the whole notion of these in my house but since my wife went a found a project machine all on her own for Christmas for me, somehow I need to come out with a working Playboy on this!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-bally-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.