7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

So the armature for the ball lift motor on my 58 all star bowler is shot. The gear is worn to the point it usually wont lift the ball. Its a 24 rpm motor from what i can tell. Im wondering if there are replacement armatures avail or maybe a new motor retrofit.
    -J

#2 7 years ago

Do you have a pic? Also tr contacting Chris at St Louis ball bowlers

#3 7 years ago

Steve Young at Pinball Resource has many Bally motor parts.

#4 7 years ago

So what was really worn on this motor were the bearings. I couldnt find a quick replacement local, so i just fabricated some thrust washers out of nylon to tighten things up a bit. Works like a champ.
    -J

#5 7 years ago

So the gear wasn't worn or is the thrust washer substitute a different thickness compensating for the gear wear? I take it you mean the gear cut into the end of the armature shaft.

#6 7 years ago

Yea... The gear cut in the end of the armiture was worn at the tip. The play in the bearing caused the worn gear to slip.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-armature-for-bally-motors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.