Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
9F21F634-0C4A-4834-8D0F-FFCA4E6320CA (resized).jpeg
AB7DC6D5-BD02-4503-B119-23B0F211AB03 (resized).jpeg
4053059A-416F-405A-B988-A6FCA8A7EEA6 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Replaced kicking rubber coils. Now they do not work, I’m I missing something is there another part of schematic I’m over looking?

Also when I press start the motor isn’t revolving like it is too. It’s only rotating a fraction. Where is that on the schematic?

4053059A-416F-405A-B988-A6FCA8A7EEA6 (resized).jpeg4053059A-416F-405A-B988-A6FCA8A7EEA6 (resized).jpeg

AB7DC6D5-BD02-4503-B119-23B0F211AB03 (resized).jpegAB7DC6D5-BD02-4503-B119-23B0F211AB03 (resized).jpeg9F21F634-0C4A-4834-8D0F-FFCA4E6320CA (resized).jpeg9F21F634-0C4A-4834-8D0F-FFCA4E6320CA (resized).jpeg

#2 2 years ago

Any chance the switches are on the wrong side of the rubber?

Don't have a '300', so not sure what the 'kicker' is, guessing maybe the slings?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Any chance the switches are on the wrong side of the rubber?
Don't have a '300', so not sure what the 'kicker' is, guessing maybe the slings?

I may not be calling them correctly. It’s the coil by the flippers. If it hits the rubber and switch the coil kicks ball away
Rubbers are removed. I’m manually connecting the switches.

#4 2 years ago

OK, that's what I thought you meant (and the schematic calls them that too). So just make sure you didn't accidently catch one side of the leaf switch up top when you put the new rubbers on (making the switch to never close). Easy mistake to make, done it myself.

#5 2 years ago

Remove the diodes

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Remove the diodes
[quoted image]

Didn’t work. Hope I didn’t just waste those coils haha
Any advice on the motor not revolving as much as before? Does a fraction rotation then stops. Doesn’t sound like my player unit is making as much noise as use to either

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from dsquared_314:

Also when I press start the motor isn’t revolving like it is too. It’s only rotating a fraction. Where is that on the schematic?

The score motor is at 21E

1. Pressing the Replay button should activate the Replay Button relay (V)

2. The Replay Button relay should activate the Start relay (S)
  3. The Start relay should activate the AX coil on the Reset Control interlock relay
  4. The Reset Control interlock relay should keep the motor running until the P5A switch on the Player unit closes
#8 2 years ago

Do you have a picture on the schematic of what line for the rest control relay that i can follow so i know which switches are open or closed? AX is listed many times on the schematic

Quoted from HowardR:

The score motor is at 21E

Pressing the Replay button should activate the Replay Button relay (V)
The Replay Button relay should activate the Start relay (S)
The Start relay should activate the AX coil on the Reset Control interlock relay
The Reset Control interlock relay should keep the motor running until the P5A switch on the Player unit closes

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from dsquared_314:

Didn’t work. Hope I didn’t just waste those coils haha
Any advice on the motor not revolving as much as before? Does a fraction rotation then stops. Doesn’t sound like my player unit is making as much noise as use to either

Ahhh...didn't notice the new coils. Did you replace those too?

Did you make sure the rubbers didn't snag the leaf switches?

#10 2 years ago

OP - ever solve the problem?

#11 2 years ago

mbwalker ....literally just figured it out. the AX relay, I accidentally made contact with switches as I was moving my dental pick, noticed it turned on a roll over light and boom everything on play field worked. not 100% correctly but i'll take it. about to start a new topic cause i have new problems now

#12 2 years ago

Good deal (whatever it was)!

Years ago I bought a Freedom EM which hadn't been played in a long time. While cleaning it and checking things, I noticed the Special light wouldn't light (not the light per se, but the Special function itself). After playing a few games - tada, the Special light started to work! Something must have been gummed up but eventually kicked in. Never had an issue w/it again. Fun pin too.

Did you ever resolve if the coil diodes shouldn't have been there?

#13 2 years ago

Gottlieb EM games use AC voltage on coils and a diode across coil will short every other half-cycle, eventually burning out either the diode or 24V fuse.

#14 2 years ago

With diodes I shorted out the 15 a fuse
Without diodes works fine
As tuukka mentioned

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Nashua, NH
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replaced-kicker-rubber-coill?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.