(Topic ID: 259242)

Replace whole flipper set up with newer on a Old Gottlieb?

By weeze

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinhead52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC06873 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vintage-Pinball:

I would leave as natured intended. If everything is set up correctly, I cant see the need to alter anything, plus of course should you want to pull the playfield out, then what?

Lubricate the button shafts and the wireform pivot points and spring with just a touch of teflon lube. Replace the flipper switches with new ones from PBR, and if you feel they need it, replace the buttons as well. Adjust the position of the switches (you have a little wiggle room with the screw holes), and if necessary, reform the wireforms slightly so that the flippers are adequately responsive to normal finger pressure on the buttons. If you're concerned with the potential shock hazard, put a small piece of shrink tubing on the vertical part of the wireform (the part which contacts the playfield switches).
    Doing all this will make the flippers work just as well as the modification you're contemplating, without changing the basic design. This type of thing is a major turn-off with me when I look to buy a machine, so it's something to consider if you're ever thinking about reselling the game.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from weeze:

OH and just in case anyone reading this doesn't know this, NEVER touch the inside door of a old Gottlieb unless you wish to have your sinuses and ears totally cleaned out. Game on or off, makes no difference!

It all depends on what your other hand is resting on, and if you're wearing shoes or not. I routinely turn off games by flipping the weighted switch inside the coin door. I just make sure I'm not touching anything with my other hand. Not that I recommend that... just sayin'. It'll do more than clean out your ears and sinuses if you ground yourself while doing it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replace-whole-flipper-set-up-with-newer-on-a-old-gottlieb?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.