Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by QuietEarp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

OK! So last question I asked you guys helped me so well i was shocked. I have another question. My NGG Williams have bottom left and top right flipper dragging horribly. The left is ok for a few minutes but after prolonged play it starts to return super super slow and eventually wont even drop back unless a ball sits on it. Top right is same deal except has progressed to not working at the start of the game rather then slow decline.

I've done a bunch of reading on here and online but lost a few of the threads I saw.

Maybe it's just a coil sleeve and I can take apart everything and just replace that?

Or should I just replace the entire assembly?

Also should I just replace the bottom right even tho its fine since ill be down there anyway?

I also read that I should be looking for like a new age updated flipper with better connections and tighter springs? Where can I find that / whats the name for it? (Flipper v2? lol)

Also, Solder wick or pump? It'll be my first time using either so a little nervous but spent many hours as a young'n soldering boards in school so not worried about that part.

Thoughts please??

#2 3 years ago

you won't need desoldering tools on a coil. Just heat it with the iron and pull the wire off

There's usually no need to replace the whole mech, just order some rebuild kits and install them

You don't need to worry about upgraded flipper parts. Since NGG is a later 90s game, it'd already have them. Just get the normal kit for it (don't forget bushings since they sometimes aren't included).

1 week later
#3 3 years ago

Alright just giving an update. I took the flippers apart and I noticed the arms looks fine (no rubbing) and the switches werent pitted and messed up either. I think I was just the bushing and the flipper stem needing to be cleaned off. But since I had everything apart any way I replaced it all. It works perfect. Any on who is scared of doing flipper rebuild- Dont be. Super easy. Pull the big wires off since they are snap ons, Solder the switch off and your good to go. I read a forum on here about how to rebuild them about 6 times then when I went to do it and pull the article up my lap top was dead!! Still knocked it out perfect. Just remember the gap you need on flipper and to squeeze your stuff when you tighten it to keep it protruding. (last part is kinda vague because I forgot the names of parts but just look up the insane step by step on this site) Don't be scared! It was all common sense stuff!!!!!!!!!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from K-Team:

Don't be scared! It was all common sense stuff!!!!!!!!!

Most of the basic items are pretty common sense. Sometimes I have spent more time reading about how to do something than actually doing it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,800 (OBO)
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replace-or-rebuild-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.