Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinslot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Inkedbronco_6_LI (resized).jpg
    FB96543A-BE3D-42C3-85AB-3D11606D8880 (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

I googled this and searched here, but could not find an answer. As it's not mentioned in the manual, it must be so easy that anyone can do it, but apparently not me. Doh! I want to tilt down the backbox mechs to change some bulbs behind the backglass. I see a huge lever. When I pull it, the whole mech tilts about one cm towards me. (See picture 2) Is there anything else I have to push, pull or press? It doesn't seem like the old padding is sticking to the back of the glass.

Any help would be appreciated

FB96543A-BE3D-42C3-85AB-3D11606D8880 (resized).jpegFB96543A-BE3D-42C3-85AB-3D11606D8880 (resized).jpeg

#2 2 years ago

Swing that lever to the right and as you do the inside part of it which is against the inner back box with all of the parts attached will swing with it. Once out of the way, slowly lower the inner back board. It should be hinged together in both the lower right and left hand sides. Once in the downward position, you can change the bulbs.

Inkedbronco_6_LI (resized).jpgInkedbronco_6_LI (resized).jpg
    #3 2 years ago

If you look at the picture above, there are two resting brackets for the inner back box to rest against once lowered. Make sure yours are there. Also in the above picture, look up in left and right hand top corners. Those two brackets (possibly) need to be removed to release the inner panel as well. I've had EM's when those are in and not, it all depends who has been in there reworking things. If it is binding up while lowering it, make sure those lower hinge brackets are tightly screwed in place, do this while it is the upward position with the lever locked. Hope this helps

#4 2 years ago

Thx. I inspected it again. The resting brackets are there and the hinges are tightly screwed on. The 2 corner brackets are not in the way. I‘m thinking perhaps some sticky felt pads lower down the glass are still adhering to it. Kind of puzzling.

#5 2 years ago

I will see if I can pull a fine thread down the back of the mounting board.

#6 2 years ago

Dental Floss works great. Be careful!

#7 2 years ago

I had a jungle queen machine that was in storage for a long time before I got it. I had to remove the entire insert and glass as one big sandwich before I could separate the two. Since I had bought it as a parts machine, and mainly because the glass was better than our current machine, it was nerve wracking to say the least. Those rubber pads turn to goo over the years.

Good luck,
    Dave

#8 2 years ago

Thanks for this additional info.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

I had a jungle queen machine that was in storage for a long time before I got it. I had to remove the entire insert and glass as one big sandwich before I could separate the two. Since I had bought it as a parts machine, and mainly because the glass was better than our current machine, it was nerve wracking to say the least. Those rubber pads turn to goo over the years.
    Good luck,
    Dave

Yea, remove the 4 L brackets (top two will be tough) and swing arm and hinges. then set up a couple of gallon paint cans on a table and set the head glass down on the cans. the glass will be supported by the glass and the frame drops down to the table. May need to to manhandle this.

#10 2 years ago

Have you checked to see if the shipping blocks are still in the head? They screw in around the board to keep it from moving around when shipping from the factory.
    Jim

#11 2 years ago

I’m starting to think I should just leave it as it is, since only the same player shoots again and game over lights are not working. I would hate to damage the backglass.

I will, however, take a look whether the shipping blocks are still there.

I’m never going to sell this game, so my heirs can deal with it

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replace-lights-behind-backglass-gtb-surf-champ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.