Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tuukka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

When I purchased my Genie the left lower bumper A-5194 coil needed to be replaced. The prior owner had 2 brand new A-5195's that he gave me. I replaced the 5194 coil with the 5195 thinking it might be ok. It seems to work alright but lacks some kick. Is it alright to do that? If not, what might happen? Just a weaker kick? Anything else? Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Substantial difference in coil resistance. The A-5194 is 4.5 ohms while the A-5195 is 11.6 ohms. The means that the 5195 is substantially weaker and putting in the correct coil will work way way better.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Substantial difference in coil resistance. The A-5194 is 4.5 ohms while the A-5195 is 11.6 ohms. The means that the 5195 is substantially weaker and putting in the correct coil will work way way better.

Thanks I appreciate that!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Could the weaker coil cause the game to quit?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Genieye:

Could the weaker coil cause the game to quit?No. But if there was a wiring error in the installation it could cause a problem.

#6 4 years ago

Check that there is a diode on the replacement coil. Without diode, the coil works but generates voltage spikes that may cause problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replace-gottlieb-a-5194-with-a-5195?hl=genieye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.