Replace Flipper Coil, but it still buzzes

By JustinAhrens

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I had a flipper coil that buzzed when the flipper button was held down, and the EOS was working properly, so I got a new coil from Marco and replaced it. It still buzzes, even if I manually hold the EOS switch open with a large gap. What does this mean?

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

I would try cleaning contacts.

#3 9 years ago

I had that happen also ,I would try too change the part at the end of the coil and the flipper shaft

#4 9 years ago

Check your solder connections and make sure they are good. A stop and or plunger that is not flat will create buzz also.

#5 9 years ago

What game is this on?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

What game is this on?

1964 Bally Bongo

#7 9 years ago

This can sure be frustrating. On my Abra Ca Dabra it ultimately (after hours of checking various scenarios) turned out to be the alignment of the plunger with the coil stop. This can be tricky and the alignment tolerance between buzz & no buzz extremely fine.

#8 9 years ago

Most Sterns do this as they don't have a true hold... Not that it is your problem in this case.

#9 9 years ago

No need to replace the coil, the problem is in the coil stop.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks for thee feedback. I really appreciate it.

2 weeks later
#11 9 years ago
Quoted from got-pin2:

No need to replace the coil, the problem is in the coil stop.

Yea that's what I said ,this happen too me let me know if that worked

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replace-flipper-coil-but-it-still-buzzes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.