(Topic ID: 253182)

Repeated posts in a thread with copied/pasted preorder list?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Does anyone else find this annoying? Some mod makers use their product threads as a pre-order list asking for people to add their name to the list and repost it. So if you are selling 250 of an item, you have 250 posts with just the list, reposted over and over. Not only does it clutter up the thread (there is other important information in the thread and you have to scroll through these list posts) but it makes it annoying to go look at new posts only to find it's more people reposting the list to add themselves.

I suggested to just use a Google form, or heck just a Google Spreadsheet. It would be much cleaner, centralized list, the mod maker could even update status on there (who is being shipped now, etc) and best of all it wouldn't clutter the thread. I don't see the downside here aside from not getting the constant "bump" of the thread, which seems like it is antithetical to the pinside way.

I'd love to have a pre-order system here on pinside. Just let people order from the store but have a "list" that shows who signed up in what order so it was visible, people knew what place they had in line, etc. It would be a minimal modification.

Either way, I think this should be something that is reviewed.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It's less annoying than a mod maker crapping on a mod in other mod maker's threads. THOSE posts are much more annoying.
    Really I completely understand OCD, but this seems like a solution in search of a problem. The WoZ OZ rollover mod thread is organized and working out fine. No one is complaining about it that I've seen - until now. Hard to get traction with a crowd of one.

Yeah, I'm used to being the crowd of one starting the traction... and haters. Yet, who gets free playfields? Not me, that's who. But many other POTC owners. Gotta love it.

I don't know how this isn't clearly better done outside of the thread. I don't know how this is the best use for a thread. For someone who is so particular about many things I don't know how you can't see that this becomes an issue when 250 times I have to go look at that thread just to see is another non-post.

I have just as much right to comment on mods as any other person, making mods or not. I own both of Steve's mods and on the list to get Lior's, so am I not allowed to also post? What was the horrible hate I spewed, that the mod was more expensive than I expected? So much horrible stuff I'm spewing. Geesh.

And yet, here I am opening a discussion outside of that thread. Pile on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repeated-posts-in-a-thread-with-copied-pasted-preorder-list?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.