5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I have a spinner that seems to have fallen apart. I have already purchased a replacement but i would like to repair this and keep it around for a replacement. It looks like it was two pieces of steel or pot metal that have another something sandwiched in between them then it looks like there were 4 Electric? spot? welds that were un all four corners holding the metal together and sandwiching the second type of metal (and spinner arm) in between the steel. The spot welds seem to have fallen off leaving all of this in pieces. Do I just find a spot welder and re weld it together? The low gauge wire on the spinner arm is kind of wimpy and I would like to repair that. Of course the techno geek in me would like to put precision bearings on the ends of the arms to get the most unencumbered spin possible with each shot. Have you done this? If so what did you do?

#2 5 years ago

I'd like to add absolutely nothing valuable to this discussion except to say there is another "hobby" some men have that also use the term "spinner." It just made me laugh.

#3 5 years ago

The bearings idea is intriguing, perhaps Delrin or ceramic like in a Turbo? I just follow some simple steps, polishing arms, wax and polish thru-hole, but one that makes the big difference is tightening down the unit from side to side while checking free spin until it is firm.
    As far as the shaft I can envision using silicon bronze wire inside manganese bronze frame so it would be self polishing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repairing-or-rebuilding-spinner-?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.