9 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by vbittnv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4871 (resized).JPG
IMG_4872 (resized).JPG
IMG_4868 (resized).JPG
IMG_4877 (resized).PNG
IMG_4875 (resized).PNG
IMG_4876 (resized).PNG
IMG_4874 (resized).PNG

#1 9 days ago

Aloha, Just checking if anyone with repair skills is planning a trip out to Kauai- I could use help with 2 of my machines.

I'm at Kauai Island Brewing Co. on the west side of Kauai. I have an India Jones that has issues with the optos around the idol. The game goes into search mode when multiball starts. I also have a Creature from the Black Lagoon that plays good- other than having issues with the lights....

With IJ, The Optos seem to not be getting power (I could be misdiagnosing- it's been a while since I've spent time trying to figure it out) The board for the optos looks good. I've moved optos around to other transmitters/ receivers to check if they register on the matrix, and they do- just not in their original places. (Ex. I've moved a transmitter from the idol to a receiver in the subway and they register on the matrix) In the picture below, I found a gray wire rapped around the stem of the idol motor. it's disconnected at both ends, and I can't tell where it came from.

IMG_4874 (resized).PNGIMG_4875 (resized).PNGIMG_4876 (resized).PNGIMG_4877 (resized).PNG
#2 9 days ago

With Creature From the Black Lagoon, The lights have some issues- otherwise the game plays fine. The lights are all LED's and they worked for a long time- then out of nowhere, The 'D' in Paid is always lit. The "K" in KISS is always lit, and the 'M' in FILM is always lit. It could be 'ghosting', but I don't see why the game would work fine for 2 years or so, then all the sudden have this problem. Should I try taking out all the LED's and putting in all original lights? or does it sound like something else?

I'm attaching a few pictures of the rest of my games. I have the only Pins available to the public on Kauai. I have 7 in the public area that I sometimes rotate with 4 others I have in storage.... IJ, T2, CFTBL and TAF.

If anyone's coming to Kauai, I can pay for help, or can trade beer/ cocktails/ food at my pub.

It may be easier to contact me at Kauaibrewmaster@gmail.com

Thanks for any help,

Dave
(Thestrangebrewer)

IMG_4868 (resized).JPGIMG_4871 (resized).JPGIMG_4872 (resized).JPG
#3 9 days ago

Just chiming in to say I can't believe I didn't know about your location! Was in Kauai just last month. Will have to come check it out next time.

#4 9 days ago

Dave - The M in the picture does not look like ghosting, but it would not hurt to try a new LED or put in an incandescent and see if it still happens.

#5 9 days ago

I visited a couple months ago.. I would have helped then but I'm sure the issues are newer. Love your place and the island!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 235.00
Boards
RS Technologies
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cumberland, RI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside