(Topic ID: 219645)

Repair underneath plastic question

By Nightmare

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys/gals,

I was wonder what one would use to repair the plastic underneath. While I was doing a repair last night, I accidentally scratched a small piece of white coating under the plastic. So of course when the game is on, you can see a small spec of light shining through the plastic. Would white paint or white out do the fix?

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

In general is there any kind of thread around on how to touch up plastics?

How to repaint the underside and then cover up the repair with a white paint for more significant scratches?

#3 5 years ago

I occasionally spray the bottom of the plastics with white paint, as a way to freshen up the layer and to make it more consistent.

As long as the color layer is intact, a light spray of flat white should fix the issue.

Robert

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repair-underneath-plastic-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.