Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fixed.JPG
    NoStartButton.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from zapdbf:

"If a modification is required to fix a problem, then it is not a fix but a design change and that does not end in a quality result."

I agree that it is a design change, but in many cases it can be a good design change (with good quality). I'm proud of some of the modifications I've done to get around a poor mechanical design. Living with the original failure (however small) is not an option for me.

#12 8 years ago

So I do agree that before attempting a modification, you should fully understand the problem you're trying to resolve, and convince yourself that you're resolving a design flaw. Case in point:

Nascar: Garage scoop kicks the ball straight down the middle.
    Black Knight: Ball shot to upper lock flies out the other side.

My workarounds to these problems haven't had any negative side effects. They are also temporary and easily removed if someone prefers the original design.

But I agree that sometimes the right answer is "play better!".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repair-philosophy?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.