• Latest reply 7 years ago by dasvis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
20170130_124303 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

If you're ordering from Pinball Resource, you want to crack $100 to get a 10% discount. So get everything you need for a thorough top-to-bottom reconditioning:
1 set rubber rings, including arch rebound, flippers, and a few extra mini-posts and 5/16 if they are numerous on your game. 50 rubber speednuts.
A few boxes of 44 and 47 lamps. 47s behind the glass, 44s everywhere else, IMO. Some folks don't like 44s at all, but 47s artoo dim for me in GI.
Plastic posts if any are damaged. If many are in bad shape and will clash with new, buy at least as many new ones as are visible from a player's vantage point.
Flipper bats if they are discolored or damaged.
Pop bumper caps if they are discolored or scorched. If they are scorched, get wedge-based lamp sockets (and some 555 lamps) that you can lean over in the pop body to get it away from the cap. Might as well go all the way and get pop bumper bodies too. Then you'll need new skirts...will another color skirt look better than what's on it? Try them and see!
You're gonna have at least a handful of bad GI and feature lamp sockets that will be flaky as a biscuit, so get a few of each (they are designated by the measurement of the vertical part between the flange with the screw hole and the spot where the vertical part bends underneath.
Might want to get some large (playfield) and small (relay) leaf blades and contacts.
A couple of good fuse clips
Point files; one coarse, one fine.
Manual/pamphlet/schematics.
Balls.
There's a "starting" point, anyway! Git to it!

All great info. Plus I would order:

a leaf adjustment tool (although I prefer the one from Marco which has the 45 degree end). I also prefer Marco's bulb remover, but PBR's is good too.

Yes to the contacts - personally i would rebuild that leaf switch with a new contact (you just insert contact into correct hole and hit on the back with a peen end of hammer) but the other methods mentioned above work fine of course

flex stone

assortment of fuses

a large bottle of 91% Alcohol from CVS, and a ton of micro-fiber cloths from Amazon/Costo.

oh, and some Valium...you'll need it at some point with these lovely machines.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

I've been told that if it's not broken, don't touch it

I have to agree, a common mantra on this forum is "the enemy of good is better", so if this relay is the only issue, then I would leave all others well alone.

When I re-read your original post, you really might not need much at this stage, in fact just a leaf blade.

The "big" PBR order could wait until your next EM project. Yes, you will get another...and another...I know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repair-or-replace-broken-switch-blade?tu=4Max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.