• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

repinalltheconnectors.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I recently bought my first pinball machine for my kids. It is a ss joker poker machine. It worked when I bought it but when I got it home it doesn't.

There is a loud buzzing when you turn the machine on then The transformer (smaller one) overheats. None of the displays work.

I don't know if the transformer is bad or something is causing it to over heat.

Anyone have any suggestions?

DARRYL 4344266567
[email protected]

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Did you connect all the connectors to the power supply, CPU PCB , Driver PCB, Displays properly?
Double check all your work.

You need to read this (over and over if necessary) and do the ground mods, and check ALL the connector contacts especially the ones going to the CPU PCB.

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/

#4 10 years ago

If it worked when you bought it, but when it got home it did not, make sure you connected everything in the head correctly.

From the body up to the head you will have more than a couple cables. Verify the manual.

Make sure (with power off) that all cables are properly seated.

Then if all that does not work, disconnect all the connectors on the bottom of the CPU board and retry to see if the display come up. There should be a 10 sec delay before they do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repair-of-gottlieb-joker-poker-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.